• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ive been rocking a Spigen tough case on my G4 for 2 years, its done a good job. Probably will stick with them for the s8

theres just so many damn cases for this phone on amazon i can't decide
Spigen is right up my alley. Low profile and secure

Just preordered the S8+ in black and got the deposit credited to my account since I was transferred like 4 times and nobody could give me an explanation as to why I had to pay a deposit this time.

I like the idea of the clear view and other one, but im not a fan of the open up like a book deal.

Nothing wrong with the V20 just tired the physical design of it and im too busy to use the features I bought it for lately.

Reasons for switching:
1) dont  like the aluminium back that much. It's plain and too slick. Sometimes feels cheap. It's a tad too wide in my pockets. 
The V10 was lightyears better in my opinion. I loved that phone.

2) Battery life starting to fade it seems like. I didn't buy an extra battery because i didn't really need it. but it was free with my v10 so i got a lot of use out of that feature. not so much here. if i dont switch batteries might as well go with a waterproof phone.

3) Samsung S.Ho Factor. It's a more show-y phone and gets your S.Pen more action. Naa'mean

Things that i'll miss:
audio hifi
drop specs
second screen ticker.

My sentiments exactly.
This V20 is boring AF. I should've went with the 7plus instead of this trash.
The V20 was nothing but a rebound phone from the Note7 tragedy.

Last edited:
My sentiments exactly.
This V20 is boring AF. I should've went with the 7plus instead of this trash.
The V20 was nothing but a rebound phone from the Note7 tragedy.

This all of this smh I'm in the same damn boat ain't had it 6 months and I'm ready to move on. Didn't feel like this with note 3 or 7

saw the s8 today at my local target... wow that thing is amazing... i love the screen on it... and the selfie cam is definitely a big upgrade... didnt play with it too much to notice all the changes but ya its a nice phone... its not as big as i thought... its only slightly bigger than my s7... im actually contemplating selling my s7 to get this phone but im trying to get the best value possible... i might just keep the s7 because it works great and it would be a waste to get rid of it...

I love what Samsung has done with Touchwiz. 180 degree change from the cartoonish way it used to look back in the day. As for its performance, I noticed a little bit of lag at Best Buy when going through apps and getting back to the home screen. It took a few seconds loading the home screen's apps up. 

I love what Samsung has done with Touchwiz. 180 degree change from the cartoonish way it used to look back in the day. As for its performance, I noticed a little bit of lag at Best Buy when going through apps and getting back to the home screen. It took a few seconds loading the home screen's apps up. 

Yea man, TouchWiz has come a very long way. It's better in every way.

I just hope they got the lag issue eliminated at this point. I've owned a few Samsung's and they all develop a lag eventually, I love my S7 edge but it's very clear it lags at times

I'm not sure I'd ever buy anything other than a Samsung, I think I'm far too invested in their ecosystem. Their features alone make it worth the purchase every time imo

I've been using the LG G3 for about a year as a work phone. They are offering me replace it with a S5 or a G4, but I heard the G4 has the loop issues. Is the S5 much of an upgrade to the G3? 

preordered the S8+ in midnight black 
pimp.gif

are there different variations of that T-Mo prepaid $30 plan? I joined them in 2013 after buying a Nexus 4 and at the time the plan consisted of 1500 talk/text and only 30MB of data

Yeah I found that after some Googling but the page that the article links to is the new one that says Prepaid Plans starting at $45. I'm wondering if he jumped on when it was still available and is now just grandfathered in.

GOAT plan
Did you get on the plan recently? Or you've had it for awhile? :nerd:

I've had the $30 plan since I joined T-Mobile back in 2012. :pimp:

Used it for two years in college before going to AT&T in my family's plan. In a few months, I'm going back to that $30 plan :pimp:

I had the 30$ plan for over a year and while it was a great deal, I always found myself going over the 100 min easily and I don't really talk on the phone

Luckily I switched to the simple choice 4 lines for 120$ and then got 2 more lines free so I'm paying less money for a better plan

My plan was 100 min, unlimited text and 5GB of LTE for $30 prepaid

I used the vonage app to make calls when I was low on minutes since it uses your phone number. I miss that plan

Last edited:

I think the lag may be due to it being a demo phone... idk but for me every demo phone seems to run a but laggy. including the iphones that are up on display.

but when i get the phone myself brand new, its buttery

Looks like Sammy has a hit on their hands, and the Note 7 debacle didn't really hurt them:

If you have any lingering doubt whether the Note 7 recall hurt Samsung's reputation, consider this: The first smartphone the company is releasing after the disastrous Note 7 has broken pre-order records in South Korea, and it's outpacing last year's flagship S7 models in the US.

In a statement sent to ZDNet by a Samsung representative, the company said: "Pre-orders of the Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus in the US are outpacing those of the Galaxy S7 and S7 edge with strong double-digit growth.

An exact number of units wasn't provided for US pre-orders. However, Korean media put  the number in Samsung's home country alone at 550,000.

The most popular model ordered thus far is the Galaxy S8 Plus. The color of choice for US customers is midnight black, which will be a fingerprint magnet but is undoubtedly the  best-looking  color of the bunch.

The Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus are available for pre-order right now, with units arriving in customers' hands as early as April 18.

Last edited:
was never really worried for samsung.... ya the note was a disaster but it also took away from how great the s7 and s7 edge were and people forgot how great those phones were... im not surprised the s8 has built up a lot of interest they make good phones... they came a long way from those cheap plastic joints in the earlier models :lol:

Looks like Sammy has a hit on their hands, and the Note 7 debacle didn't really hurt them:

If you have any lingering doubt whether the Note 7 recall hurt Samsung's reputation, consider this: The first smartphone the company is releasing after the disastrous Note 7 has broken pre-order records in South Korea, and it's outpacing last year's flagship S7 models in the US.

In a statement sent to ZDNet by a Samsung representative, the company said: "Pre-orders of the Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus in the US are outpacing those of the Galaxy S7 and S7 edge with strong double-digit growth.

An exact number of units wasn't provided for US pre-orders. However, Korean media put the number in Samsung's home country alone at 550,000.

The most popular model ordered thus far is the Galaxy S8 Plus. The color of choice for US customers is midnight black, which will be a fingerprint magnet but is undoubtedly the best-looking color of the bunch.

The Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus are available for pre-order right now, with units arriving in customers' hands as early as April 18.

What's wild is the s7 and s7 edge were buy one get one

What's wild is the s7 and s7 edge were buy one get one
I'm sure they'll do a promo shortly after release. Had to get that VR though. 

Ordered 2 of those cases, one clear and one black. 

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom