• Straight Talk

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Took the other magnet mount back and copped this for 50
Screenshot_20180207-175355.jpg

The phone sticks to it on its own so i scrapped the case. Gonna get a magnetic phone ring thing for it to adhere to bc it's particular about the qi spot. Back on team raw dog :pimp: :smh: at the money I've wasted on cases. I must say, the rounded edges on the note 7 and 8 make it kinda hard to pick up.

Looks like I bought 128 GB Micro SD card for nothing as I'm leaning heavily towards the Mate 10 Pro. The V30 just lost its luster the more I read about it.

As a Mate 9 Pro owner for the past year.

The UI ain't that bad. I use Lawnchair launcher with it.

As a Mate 9 Pro owner for the past year.

The UI ain't that bad. I use Lawnchair launcher with it.
Yeah I suppose you can use a new launcher, but even with that, you still have to deal the elements of the UI. Besides that, I believe it's great phone out of the box.

Sidenote, did you ever get Oreo for the Mate 9?

Yeah I suppose you can use a new launcher, but even with that, you still have to deal the elements of the UI. Besides that, I believe it's great phone out of the box.

Sidenote, did you ever get Oreo for the Mate 9?

Lol now that you reminded me ..

I haven't gotten it thru OTA. I just remembered I still have my Taiwan sim in there and lo and behold I have an update :lol:

2.83 gb.

Lol now that you reminded me ..

I haven't gotten it thru OTA. I just remembered I still have my Taiwan sim in there and lo and behold I have an update :lol:

2.83 gb.
Sweet, I always dug that phone when I visited Best Buy's. That phone proved to me that you didn't really need a QLED to have a phenomenal screen.

Sweet, I always dug that phone when I visited Best Buy's. That phone proved to me that you didn't really need a QLED to have a phenomenal screen.

I mean it's a 1440p AMOLED, so it still looks phenomenal.

And honestly one of the main reasons I picked this up was because it was one of the few flagships with the fingerprint sensor on the front.

I mean it's a 1440p AMOLED, so it still looks phenomenal.

And honestly one of the main reasons I picked this up was because it was one of the few flagships with the fingerprint sensor on the front.
Oh **** really, ok I guess you do need it.

Yeah I detest the S8+'s rear fingerprint reader. I would have went for the V30 myself had Sprint carried the color I was going for.

Nawzlew Nawzlew I'd rather the fingerprint sensor on the front, but the Mate 10 is going for more than the "pro". Never had a sensor on the back but I imagine I'd get used to it. The Mate 10 also has sd slot, but again going for more $ & less ram/rom. I'd take either one tbh lol

eh, just preference

can have my phone on my desk and hit the button

also when its mounted in my car.
Yeah I cosign the mounted, if you're using GPS. It's distracting to have to type my PIN in. I'm assuming if it's on your desk, you'd eventually have to pick it up regardless to type, tho.

yeah, understandable. but sometimes just wanna check notifications or somethin
I feel you. I figured it would be for that reason.

Only thing I'm mad about is that they took out the IR beam to make it more "Waterproof"...I miss using my s5 as a remote lol

Looks like I bought 128 GB Micro SD card for nothing as I'm leaning heavily towards the Mate 10 Pro. The V30 just lost its luster the more I read about it.

What aren't you liking about the V30? I've had it since launch and am very happy with it.

Those that prefer the fingerprint reader on the front to check notifications and such while on table/desk, I use the double tap to wake/lock. Also, face unlock works pretty well on it too.

What are the chances of seeing another price drop for the Pixel 2 for President's Day weekend?

My LG G2 is finally on it's last legs, dropped it the other week and the touchscreen sensitivity is all out of wack. Also got wet last month when I left it outside while playing :emoji_soccer: and now the buttons on the back can barely function:smh:

Think I'm gonna have to bite the bullet and pay full retail :frown:

What aren't you liking about the V30? I've had it since launch and am very happy with it.

Those that prefer the fingerprint reader on the front to check notifications and such while on table/desk, I use the double tap to wake/lock. Also, face unlock works pretty well on it too.

There's no one thing I'm disliking really, just that it's not the phone I pegged it to be before it's arrival. Now I can't speak to it's daily use, but it's good it's held up for you.

What I've learned in the last few months is that no phone I set my sights on hits on everything.

Looks like Sammy is going to show us note 5 users some love. Hopefully this will fix that screen off battery drain.

https://www.xda-developers.com/samsung-galaxy-note-5-s6-s6-edge-s6-edge-plus-android-oreo/

Samsung Galaxy Note 5, S6, S6 Edge, and S6 Edge Plus May Receive Android Oreo According to T-Mobile Support Page
By now, it’s been a long wait for owners of Samsung Galaxy flagship smartphones waiting to receive the Android Oreo update. Android 8.0 Oreo was released in August 2017, but it took Samsung two months just to start an official beta program for the Galaxy S8 and the Galaxy S8+. We explored in depth all of the new features of Samsung Experience 9.0 for the Galaxy S8, and after multiple beta updates and months of testing, the company finally started rolling out the stable Oreo update to the Galaxy S8 and the Galaxy S8+.

At the start of this month, we published a list of Samsung devices that may receive the Android Oreo update. The list was based on a deep dive of the firmware files of the leaked Android Oreo beta for the Galaxy Note 8 (which sadly hasn’t received its stable Oreo update yet). The XML files in the framework-res of the leaked Oreo beta pointed to code-names of several Samsung devices, which suggested that the company has been experimenting with Android Oreo on these devices.

Notably, Samsung’s 2015 flagship smartphones such as the Galaxy S6, Galaxy S6 Edge, Galaxy S6 Edge Plus, and the Galaxy Note 5 were absent from the list. All these smartphones are powered by the Exynos 7420 system-on-chip (as 2015 was a year where the company completely skipped on using Qualcomm chips for flagship devices), and are theoretically more than powerful enough to run Android Oreo. However, some of these phones are more than two-and-a-half years old, which has led some to guess that the company would not roll out the Oreo update for them.

As of now, Samsung hasn’t published an official statement detailing the list of devices due to receive the Android Oreo update, which means that owners of Samsung’s 2015 flagship phones have been left in the dark. Now, though, T-Mobile support pages for the Galaxy S6, Galaxy S6 Edge, Galaxy S6 Edge Plus, and the Galaxy Note 5 all mention that “T-Mobile and the device manufacturer have agreed to support a new software update.”

The software update in question is Android 8.0 Oreo, and the T-Mobile support pages state: “Phase: Complete.” This may imply that Samsung and T-Mobile have finished testing the Android Oreo update for the aforementioned devices and it’s ready to start being rolled-out, but we have no way to confirm this right now. It’s also unclear whether the Oreo update will be rolled-out to all 2015 Samsung flagship variants or only the T-Mobile variants of the Galaxy S6, Galaxy S6 Edge, Galaxy S6 Edge Plus, and the Galaxy Note 5.

Even so, if Samsung does roll-out the Android Oreo update to its 2015 flagship phones, it will be great news for owners of those devices. Those users will then get more than two years of software support, which will give Samsung phones a competitive advantage in this regard. Here’s hoping that the company follows through and rolls-out the Oreo update for all variants of its 2015 flagship phones.

Mine is...the spell correction doesn't work properly it will just add the correct word halfway through. Noticed it maybe a week ago. It was a struggle writing this and it adds a letter when I hit space or period! Lol

That's exactly what's happening to me as well. I have to go to my texts to type my responses, cut the text, then paste it here. Super annoying

Back
Top Bottom