• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Haven't messed with rooting for a while since I had a Verizon phone for about a year, but does it still effect Android pay? Thinking about putting 8.1 on this essential and rooting this weekend

Just got the email that my Pixel 2 and case have both been shipped out. They're expected to be delivered on the same day
LZsHysW.png
Might not want to open it. There is a target pixel deal that gives you like $200 or $300. Not sure. It's on Slickdeals

Might not want to open it. There is a target pixel deal that gives you like $200 or $300. Not sure. It's on Slickdeals
thanks for the info, i really need a new phone but by reading the comments just now on SD, you gotta sign a contract. I'm TEAM #NOCONTRACT #UNLOCKED

****A comment that was posted on SD.COM****
"Just bought a pixel 2 xl from Google. I tried to get one of them from Verizon but the bootloader was locked. Even talked with Google engineers and Verizon's tech support level 3 - you CANNOT unlock these phones from Verizon. The old November "fix" that Google put out won't work anymore unless you get a really old phone that hasn't updated yet. Beware if you buy Google phone in order to remove bloat, add root, etc. You can't do that with these vzw pixel 2s."

Nope i'm good. VZW phone always gave trouble when it comes to bootloaders and trying to flash another rom. not worth it imo, from android geek perspective

thanks for the info, i really need a new phone but by reading the comments just now on SD, you gotta sign a contract. I'm TEAM #NOCONTRACT #UNLOCKED

****A comment that was posted on SD.COM****
"Just bought a pixel 2 xl from Google. I tried to get one of them from Verizon but the bootloader was locked. Even talked with Google engineers and Verizon's tech support level 3 - you CANNOT unlock these phones from Verizon. The old November "fix" that Google put out won't work anymore unless you get a really old phone that hasn't updated yet. Beware if you buy Google phone in order to remove bloat, add root, etc. You can't do that with these vzw pixel 2s."

Nope i'm good. VZW phone always gave trouble when it comes to bootloaders and trying to flash another rom. not worth it imo, from android geek perspective

Haven't been in a contract myself in years

Haven't been in a contract myself in years
last time i signed a contract with a cell phone provider was back in to 2010 with sprint, and that was for HTC EVO 4G wimax phone, i'v come along way and the mobile industry has too.

i'll probably never sign a contract. rather just pay the phone flat out and pick my provider as i please by just popping in the sim card into the phone. pre-paid isn't for everyone though, but i still will rather just by my cellphones unlocked and sim unlocked.

i've own two nexus phones i aint get no damm email! (samsung galaxy nexus and the nexus s.)

im gonna ask my friend he's been on the nexus wave and pixel wave for hot minute too.

I've only owned one Nexus product, which was a Nexus 4 that I bought directly from the Google store in 2013. My brother bought a Nexus 5 directly from them the following year I think, so I'll have to see if he got the email.

:lol: These guys Google
I just traded in my Nexus 5x for the Pixel 2 XL(got yesterday and LOVE it), before my 5x I had a nexus 5.

I didn't purchase the older phones from Google, but it would've been nice if they picked up on the fact that I was trading a 5x in for the XL

i'll need a new phone. i know google keeps logs of the android phone's that you use cause its associated with your gmail account.

From Phandroid.com
"patiently waits for email but won't keep my hopes up.
Yesterday we saw a deal from Woot! where you could save a few bucks and get a refurbished Pixel 2 for $530 or Pixel 2 XL for $580. Today, it seems that Google is beginning to help recognize those loyal Nexus owners, as the company has started sending emails offering 20% off of either device.

This 20% savings brings the standard Pixel 2 down to around $520, while the Pixel 2 XL will go for $680. This may not seem like much, but considering how rare it is to save money on Pixel devices directly from Google, this may be the best time to jump on the train.

It seems that Google may be “cherry-picking” who receives this emails, as some users on Reddit are claiming to not have received an email, despite owning many devices in the Nexus lineup. The other odd thing is that the email is also being sent out to some that already own either the Pixel 2 or 2 XL, so we aren’t exactly sure what Google’s method for selection is.

The potential downside here is the fact that it seems that these deals are not transferable, meaning that you can’t just give a discount code to a buddy who didn’t get the email. However, if you are on the fence, have the email, but want to wait and see what’s happening at MWC 2018 before deciding, the email offer doesn’t expire until the end of the month. By then, the Galaxy S9 and a myriad of other devices will be announced, so you can properly weigh your options."

Anyone else waiting for a Google play music update?

I feel like the need to overhaul the whole app

Yeah it’s been the same for years, I recently got 3 free months with my chromebook purchase (love YouTube red) I have a couple thousand songs in my cloud from years ago so it comes in handy time to time but it definitely needs a upgrade..plus the photos for certain artists are wrong or waaaaay off lol

Back
Top Bottom