• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
switched Sims with my friend my note 8 for his pixel xl 2 for the week ..

pixel is actually better than I thought after all the bashing I did but it's still not as smooth and fluid as the notes... the camera is indeed amazing I think it's better than the notes camera

We do this every year B.

Note or Pixel. But basically the Note. Every year.

These conversations are still fun/interesting though.

I've been doing the S line as an in between tech fix last couple years but the Note 8 is damn near perfect.

I'm not playing Sammy's game this year, will wait for what Google has to offer

Yup, I think I finally learned my lesson with samsung. They always suck me in with design and features but having my $700+ phone run like crap after 3 months is an absolute joke.

I'll miss the features but if I can spend a few hundred bucks less and get a better preforming phone I'll go that route.

With that said the phone looks sweet and promising

my s8 still runs great... just hate that it gets hot easily and the battery is trash... then again i have a lot of widgets and use the amoled display setting...

S9 looks great, but I don't think it's made for people with an S8, Note 8. It just polishes the experience a bit and innovates the camera which looks excellent.

I don't really see anything exciting going for the Galaxy S9 compared to the S8. I do like the F/1.5 aperture camera for low light. Also like how they have "dual speakers" now.

I guess you can't expect them to come up with some new exciting thing every year nowadays though.

Yea they didn't do anything to get me to let go of my S8+ yet. Still running just fine. Long as they keep the headphone jack they'll stay at the top of my list tho. Unless Apple/Google finally realize the error in their ways

"Upgrade" to the s9+ or keep my note 8? I don't use the spen so won't miss it. I have the Samsung dex but haven't used it yet. Money not an issue.

Not a fan of the vertical camera design on the back of the S9. They shoulda made the camera horizontal like the Note 8, and have the fingerprint reader on its own underneath.

Don't really matter to me tho cuz I love my Note 8 and unless there are any major upgrades on the Note 9 (which I doubt), I'm prolly gonna hold this down for 2 years

"Upgrade" to the s9+ or keep my note 8? I don't use the spen so won't miss it. I have the Samsung dex but haven't used it yet. Money not an issue.
I would wait for the S10 since that seems to be targeted as the substantial upgrade.

I'd keep the note 8, unless you really want something new
Cool, asking bc I'm more of an s series fan. I hadn't had a note since the note 4. Had the s8 and loved it but wanted a bigger screen. Was gonna get s8+ but the note 8 promo was better. I don't think I can wait u til the s10 drops to upgrade lol, so I might go for the note 9.

I think S10 is the model that will add the on-screen finger-print scanner, lesser bezel design, improved AMOLED tech, bigger form-factor change etc.

Side-note, finding a good Tempered-glass screen protector is a pain-in-the-*** for a curved-screen which my effect my future purchases when it comes to a phone.

Back
Top Bottom