• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Thinkin about heading back to Android after having an Iphone for a few years. Any good phone recommendations?

Thinkin about heading back to Android after having an Iphone for a few years. Any good phone recommendations?

Pixel 2 XL, NOTE 8 and the new S9 and maybe the new Nokia joints but im not sure about it.
Essential phone is great but the lack of support is not, rathre wait for the Essential ph-2

Essential phone is great but the lack of support is not, rathre wait for the Essential ph-2

Their support has been pretty awesome actually. They've fixed many of the bugs, and you can sign up for OTA 8.1, and from what I hear it's really helped out the experience. Also, they've really improved the camera with the software. Essential did themselves no favors in the initial roll out, but to say the support isn't there isn't correct IMO. I'm actually really liking it. However, I may jump ship soon to iOS.

Their support has been pretty awesome actually. They've fixed many of the bugs, and you can sign up for OTA 8.1, and from what I hear it's really helped out the experience. Also, they've really improved the camera with the software. Essential did themselves no favors in the initial roll out, but to say the support isn't there isn't correct IMO. I'm actually really liking it. However, I may jump ship soon to iOS.

is their support with 3rd party firmware? im a root/hacking/slideloading kind of guy.
Sorry to imply i not talking about their CS support. The phone has been out less than year, if they didn't have CS support they would have been in the headlines for lawsuits.

i'm talking about sideloading 3rd party roms, test/beta/alpha/custom builds of new android software? is that there?

Gotcha, don't mess with flashing ROMs any more TBH, but I know there's about 2-3 stable ones that folks have been using. However, I can't say I keep up much with the community in that aspect. I was mainly talking about the out of the box support. It's a really solid device especially if you can get it in the sub $400 range IMO.

I legit can't even imagine what else you can expect from a phone, or what else they can offer. S10 will likely have the on screen finger scanner, that's the only new thing I can think of

i just want the next galaxy to have the best camera ever like it blows the competition out the water... i love my s8 but the pixel camera is on point

I legit can't even imagine what else you can expect from a phone, or what else they can offer. S10 will likely have the on screen finger scanner, that's the only new thing I can think of

There a lot of room for innovation when it comes to smartphones. It reached its pinnacle at one point, but their is always something that will push devices even further. We still got 5G networks that haven't been deployed. Only truly outside the box thinkers will know how bring certain products to reality. of course some companies might not want to risk with newer technology and stick with the same formula/strategy they worked on for years and get it to the point where they know they can continue to make money.

the hardware is sold, but it's the experience/functionality that even harder to sell.

its like saying how can ferrari make a faster car, they can make one but will better than the previous one and what can this new one do that the old one can't. If you get what i mean.

Saw the s9+ in person tonight. It's the perfect phone. Everything I could and did ask for when I saw the note 8. It's a bit shorter than the note, but keeps the big screen. Speakers sound solid. Camera was great. Fingerprint reader in a good spot. Literally what more can you ask for at this point?

this samsung alpha i got last week i've been using it as samsung back up phone to control my sammy tv already experience lagged when im using for basic functions. waste of a 100 bucks.

You're a lucky one, plenty of people with S8's that are experiencing unacceptable slowdowns and lag
I love my s8+, but it's glitchy as hell sometimes. I always say iPhone is steady but sluggish while Samsung's are speedy but sporadic. In all honesty, I think the Pixel would be the perfect phone for some who hates iOS, but wants a great performer.

my s8 runs like the same day i got it... the battery is not great but i charge it a lot and i use the amoled screen settings plus i have mad widgets running... but i think the battery is not the same as day 1 period... other than that the s8 runs perfect

Back
Top Bottom