• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I use this app called Youtube Vanced (you can find the apk on xdadev) that comes with a dark mode and you can shut the screen off while playing music. I don't event use the stock youtube app anymore

I've been using Vanced (Black Theme) for at least 7+ months and haven't given the stock YouTube app a second glance in that whole time either.

Looking forward to moving from my Note 8 to the 9 in January, despite not having any real complaints that are pushing me to do so outside of the battery life not being too great for me lately.

Waterproofing.

definitely not. no phone is waterPROOF yet. apple removed the jack to force people to buy accessories like they do with every "innovation" they come up with. no headphone jack so their bluetooth headphone profits skyrocketed with the new airpods and the purchase of beats headphones. nothing more, nothing less.

I've been using Vanced (Black Theme) for at least 7+ months and haven't given the stock YouTube app a second glance in that whole time either.

Looking forward to moving from my Note 8 to the 9 in January, despite not having any real complaints that are pushing me to do so outside of the battery life not being too great for me lately.
just like you would install any other APK. Find the link online and install it

https://www.xda-developers.com/youtube-vanced-apk/

just checked this out. background playing enabled? COUNT ME IN!

Tempted to pickup the Pixel XL 3 if google isnt going to heavily discount previous year models going forward.

youtube vance is prally my favorite app on my phone... no ads and can play the video in the background is dope... and if i want to listen to a song i can still turn my screen off and the music will still play

I use this app called Youtube Vanced (you can find the apk on xdadev) that comes with a dark mode and you can shut the screen off while playing music. I don't event use the stock youtube app anymore

Whaaaa ?!!!! :wow:

Been wanting a feature like that on the stock app for a long time.

YouTube Vanced was one of my favorite things on Android. The iOS variant is just too much work to get installed. I HATE Youtube ads and they are just getting worse.

Am I the only confused by YouTube in the background talk? I've had that for awhile now but I do have the Google Play/YouTube subscription. I guess without it that option is not available?

YouTube Vanced was one of my favorite things on Android. The iOS variant is just too much work to get installed. I HATE Youtube ads and they are just getting worse.

youtube ads are a nightmare. theyre literally ruining youtube on both sides. theyre stacking up multiple ads in front of videos now like its a real commercial break. some of the ads are over a minute long now too. i came across one that was a full youtube video. it was 10 minutes long. i was listening to a music playlist and figured after 15 or 30 it would skip..NOPE

after realizing id been hearing some BS for over a minute or two i checked and saw 10+ minute ad
giphy.gif

installed ad block immediately

on the flip side, youtube is pandering to advertisers SO much that it hurts the content creators. cant even curse in videos or u get penalized and they pull sponsorship. its HORRIBLE. i want youtube to get knocked off so bad

youtube ads are a nightmare. theyre literally ruining youtube on both sides. theyre stacking up multiple ads in front of videos now like its a real commercial break. some of the ads are over a minute long now too. i came across one that was a full youtube video. it was 10 minutes long. i was listening to a music playlist and figured after 15 or 30 it would skip..NOPE

after realizing id been hearing some BS for over a minute or two i checked and saw 10+ minute ad
giphy.gif

installed ad block immediately

on the flip side, youtube is pandering to advertisers SO much that it hurts the content creators. cant even curse in videos or u get penalized and they pull sponsorship. its HORRIBLE. i want youtube to get knocked off so bad
Yea this is BS man. They are lucky they are huge tbh. Unless the content creators go elsewhere or someone creates a better alternative (highly unlikely) then I guess we are stuck.

It just sucks because I rarely watch much TV ( I have YTTV actually) and watch more YT stuff in general. Dealing with those ads on mobile are terrible. Atleast on desktop I can adblock that ****. Ad free should really come with YTTV, because I def dont wanna sign up for YT music or YT premium.

Can someone tell me what the icon left of the bluetooth icon is

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181015-224916_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20181015-224916_Chrome.jpg
    203.7 KB · Views: 25
Just bought a new Galaxy S7 for $200 but it's "google locked." Anyone know how to bypass? Folks at Verizon said I need the previous owner's log in credentials.

i really had no idea. any more sauce like this everyone should know about?

off the top, not anything as universal that everyone uses like youtube. which is the same for every phone.
A lot of the stuff i use is more phone specific to my Pixel2XL, I know not everyone has that here, so most of the time I hardly recommend.
like I just found and apk that gives your phone the pixel 3 camera features, like night shot, that auto focus for things that are in motion and live lens.
Those features and more will trickle down to me later this month, but couldn't wait.

Back
Top Bottom