• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
youtube ads are a nightmare. theyre literally ruining youtube on both sides. theyre stacking up multiple ads in front of videos now like its a real commercial break. some of the ads are over a minute long now too. i came across one that was a full youtube video. it was 10 minutes long. i was listening to a music playlist and figured after 15 or 30 it would skip..NOPE

after realizing id been hearing some BS for over a minute or two i checked and saw 10+ minute ad
giphy.gif

installed ad block immediately

on the flip side, youtube is pandering to advertisers SO much that it hurts the content creators. cant even curse in videos or u get penalized and they pull sponsorship. its HORRIBLE. i want youtube to get knocked off so bad
:rofl: i love the Shannon gif. And yes they are OD with the ads now. I do my own personal protest by turning the volume down and covering the screen so i won't even see what was advertised.

oidreez oidreez
you go boy you go boy
Ok so I'm a 100% newb with higher level tech stuff, so i just click on the top link and download it then click on the bottom link and download it? I tried it and they gave me the 'this may harm your phone' msg, so i deleted them.

Screenshot_20181016-155300_Samsung Internet.jpg

Am I the only confused by YouTube in the background talk? I've had that for awhile now but I do have the Google Play/YouTube subscription. I guess without it that option is not available?
hmmm, I pay for Google Play music and used to have YouTube ad free but they took that away a few months ago. **** is up with that?

I read that Google was soon abandoning play music and focusing on YouTube music platform.

:rofl: i love the Shannon gif. And yes they are OD with the ads now. I do my own personal protest by turning the volume down and covering the screen so i won't even see what was advertised.

oidreez oidreez
you go boy you go boy
Ok so I'm a 100% newb with higher level tech stuff, so i just click on the top link and download it then click on the bottom link and download it? I tried it and they gave me the 'this may harm your phone' msg, so i deleted them.

So you deleted them? Bypass the message and install the apps

oidreez oidreez
you go boy you go boy

yes, it showed that message cause you're not downloading from the play store.

you also need to allow your phone to download apps from unknown sources. should be somewhere in your security settings.

once the apks are downloaded, run them.

hmmm, I pay for Google Play music and used to have YouTube ad free but they took that away a few months ago. **** is up with that?

I read that Google was soon abandoning play music and focusing on YouTube music platform.

Play Music will be merged into YouTube Music. There's not really a timeline, but soon that's where we'll all be, downloaded music, playlists and all.

I've never been a good photographer, my pics always come out looking busted. I've seen some of the pics people have taken with the Pixel 3 and they are stunning

Damn that huge white space :lol:

Samsung did some presentation on under-the-screen front-facing cameras. Hopefully the notch business gets killed sooner than later.

a review of sorts....

After spending a weekend with my Pixel 3 XL, the thought of using any other phone doesn't interest me. There was a time when I tried out almost every flagship phone out there. Now I don't know why I would. Yes, the notch sucks, but I'm not dumb enough to let something like that ruin an otherwise brilliant experience.

The Pixels, even going back to the first generation, just work. Everything acts as I want it to. Google's vision of their OS is the only one that appeals to me anymore. Everything other skin feels heavy or clunky. While the gesture navigation needs a little work, I am glad Google copied the fantastic navigation on the iPhone X. I'm not an iPhone guy, but the navigation on the X is wonderful! In my opinion, iMessage and the navigation are the only things Android users have to be envious of. The camera and its new features are fantastic too. Top Shot, the ability to choose the best shot after a picture has been taken, is amazing. If you have kids, this feature is brilliant. Active Edge, the ability to squeeze the sides to launch your Assistant, is great. Never has a feature gone from " it's a gimmick" to "can't imagine not having it" so quickly. I use the hell out of Google Assistant. The new call screening feature is holy **** amazing. The very first call I received on my 3 XL was spam. Screening that call alone, made me a believer. The haptic feedback is also better than any other Android phone I have ever used. It's a lot better. Not iPhone 6,7,8, and X great, but a huge improvement.

Google has nailed the display this year as well. Last year's "but the screen isn't great" is this year's "but that notch" for me- it wasn't enough for me to dismiss a great phone. The phone feels every bit as premium for me as the S9 or the iPhone X. In fact, holding it feels very similar in shape to the X. There are no gaps or anything like that. It just feels good. The etched glass looks cool. The black looks more two toned than last year's because of it. My only complaint with this process is that by using etched glass to achive the two-toned look, it also robs you of the possibility of a Panda scheme. Oh well.

Like I said, everything works as it should. And everything looks how I want it to without supplemental launchers or whatever. I noticed that every time I tried a different flagship the first thing I had to do was make it as close to a Pixel as possible. Then I realized there really is no point in that if I can have a damn Pixel. More stuff doesn't really mean better experience.

The Pixel 3 is my iPhone. You know how every iPhone user at your office can't imagine not having their iPhone? That's me with my Pixel. The Pixel does exactly what I need it to do out of the box. It might not have all of the "exciting" ******** that the Notes or the Galaxy phones have, but that doesn't matter to me. 3 rear facing cameras, folding displays, and in-screen fingerprint readers don't excite me because I know that they will come on phones that will annoy me daily. It's the smoothest Andoid experience there is. Of course I will look at the new phones coming out- especially the 6t. But I'm so damn content with this phone...the same way iPhone users are content with their phones.

Also, Not Pink is cool

Back
Top Bottom