• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
My question are... How are the new Galaxy phones compare to the S7? have they added IM to their texting? do they have video chat? do their phones still slow down after a few months? can you still download 3rd party apps and install APKs? do they still come full of bloatware? Do you guys still mess with custom ROMs?

I've seen a lot more people say they haven't felt pressed to upgrade since the S8 on. I can't speak too much to it because while my Note8 didn't slow down; I only had it for a year before upgrading (not because of any faults of the Note8.) I feel like they're improved the long-term performance a lot over the last 2 or so years.

Yeah, you can still download and sideload apps.
Yeah, there's still a bit of bloatware. The amount of it depends on the carrier, obviously.

Most modern Samsung android phones have locked bootloaders (at least the US variants), so it's largely quiet for custom ROMs on the flagship Galaxy line.

My question are... How are the new Galaxy phones compare to the S7? have they added IM to their texting? do they have video chat? do their phones still slow down after a few months? can you still download 3rd party apps and install APKs? do they still come full of bloatware? Do you guys still mess with custom ROMs?

You mean like an iMessage equivalent? No, that's gonna be on the carriers.

Video chat, probably an app for that.

It's only been a month.

Yes you can install APKs. You always could. This probably will never go away.

Bloatware is again carrier dependent. I have the unlocked version but I just hide them.

I used to be heavy in ROMs in the early mid 2010s. I haven't used them much in the last couple years so can't speak on this.

If you love imessage don't switch.

ok I have a gripe .

attachments can't open internally in an email app? This is one thing i do miss with iOS now. I emailed a gif to myself and I can't view it without an external app opening. any solutions?

ok I have a gripe .

attachments can't open internally in an email app? This is one thing i do miss with iOS now. I emailed a gif to myself and I can't view it without an external app opening. any solutions?

What kind of file, and which email app are you using?

Saw this the other day at work and decided to use it to test out the regular and wide lens cameras on my phone.

Regular
PSX_20190330_215507.jpg

Wide
PSX_20190330_215419.jpg

Pretty cool

I use bluemail which is an outside email app. I can't save attachments. So I just use the Samsung app to save songs and pics I send myself lol

i was a long time samsung user now i have a iphone... i wont go back until im able to send quality videos like imessage..kids are older and they want videos of them playing sports

Saw this the other day at work and decided to use it to test out the regular and wide lens cameras on my phone.

Regular
PSX_20190330_215507.jpg

Wide
PSX_20190330_215419.jpg

Pretty cool

What settings are you using? Default and just applying a filter?

The screen protector that came with the 10+ already has some nasty scratches. Noticeable at that. Need to find a better one.

Latest background (Jessica Burciaga):

2019_04_02_14_44_24_1.gif

What settings are you using? Default and just applying a filter?

The screen protector that came with the 10+ already has some nasty scratches. Noticeable at that. Need to find a better one.

Latest background (Jessica Burciaga):

2019_04_02_14_44_24_1.gif
Where you getting the original videos from?

Contact Samsung and say you're having problems with the protector. They should send out some free ones.[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

Back
Top Bottom