Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Originally Posted by freezuh

I rooted miui rom on my evo. So smooth anybody else?

i LIVE on MIUI son.
pimp.gif
Love it.

Originally Posted by JUS3

I'm on T-Mobile, anyone here getting the Samsung Galaxy S? Should I wait for that HTC Pyramid.  Those specs are beastly no ninjahood.
If you're really itching right now get the MyTouch4G. Forget the Galaxy S (listen to me).

If you can hold on until May-June then just wait for the Pyramid. I'm JUST HOPING they improve the battery (although in theory it should have a better battery life). All the bells and whistles are short-lived if you have a phone which dies after 12 hours.

^^ Isnt it coming out for TMo? I coulda swore I read something that it is...
30t6p3b.gif

Nope. 1700/2100 for T-Mo. All the Optimus 2X and the 3D won't have the band we need.

I'm in Canada and my provider is Wind. I'm relying on T-Mobile releases because their devices are compatible with Wind.

That's why I said "finally". It's always the GSM bands that gets excellent phones first. Verizon and Sprint also gets more love than T-Mo.

I'm on T-Mobile, anyone here getting the Samsung Galaxy S? Should I wait for that HTC Pyramid.  Those specs are beastly no ninjahood.
If you're really itching right now get the MyTouch4G. Forget the Galaxy S (listen to me).

If you can hold on until May-June then just wait for the Pyramid. I'm JUST HOPING they improve the battery (although in theory it should have a better battery life). All the bells and whistles are short-lived if you have a phone which dies after 12 hours.

^^ Isnt it coming out for TMo? I coulda swore I read something that it is...
30t6p3b.gif

Nope. 1700/2100 for T-Mo. All the Optimus 2X and the 3D won't have the band we need.

I'm in Canada and my provider is Wind. I'm relying on T-Mobile releases because their devices are compatible with Wind.

That's why I said "finally". It's always the GSM bands that gets excellent phones first. Verizon and Sprint also gets more love than T-Mo.

Do they really need it though?  

I cant really see switching unless its a super amoled gorilla glass screen or the evo isnt updating to gingerbread.

Other than that......This might be the first time i ever keep a phone for the entire 2 years of the contract.

on a side note..........My new job has 27% off of montly sprint bills 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Do they really need it though?  

I cant really see switching unless its a super amoled gorilla glass screen or the evo isnt updating to gingerbread.

Other than that......This might be the first time i ever keep a phone for the entire 2 years of the contract.

on a side note..........My new job has 27% off of montly sprint bills 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Can anyone PLEASE point me to a place that has EASY TO COMPREHEND instructions how to root my Droid 1?
And then install a mod? 

Every place I use has outdates instructions & broken links

Can anyone PLEASE point me to a place that has EASY TO COMPREHEND instructions how to root my Droid 1?
And then install a mod? 

Every place I use has outdates instructions & broken links

HEADS UP ALL VERIZON USERS

[h2]http://www.tipb.com/2011/02/03/verizon-start-throttling-data-speeds-subscribers-optimize-content/[/h2]
[h2]Verizon to start throttling data speeds for new subscribers and optimizing content for all[/h2]
[table][tr][td]by Chris Oldroyd, Thursday, Feb 3, 2011,54 Comments [/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

rickson_choke_iphone.jpg

Verizon Wireless is to start throttling data speeds and optimizing content for smartphones like the Verizon iPhone from today according to a PDF memo on its website. The throttling will only come into affect for new customers who subscribe to a data plan or feature from February 3, 2011, however the optimization will affect all data users new and old.
Verizon Wireless strives to provide customers the best experience when using our network, a shared resource among tens of millions of customers. To help achieve this, if you use an extraordinary amount of data and fall within the top 5% of Verizon Wireless data users we may reduce your data throughput speeds periodically for the remainder of your then current and immediately following billing cycle to ensure high quality network performance for other users at locations and times of peak demand.

Verizon claims to be taking these steps to ensure that the remaining 95% of its data customers are not affected by the 5% that use a large amount of data each month. The optimization part of the process, will include caching less data by compressing images and video which reduces the overall quality of the experience.
We are implementing optimization and transcoding technologies in our network to transmit data files in a more efficient manner to allow available network capacity to benefit the greatest number of users. These techniques include caching less data, using less capacity, and sizing the video more appropriately for the device. The optimization process is agnostic to the content itself and to the website that provides it. While we invest much effort to avoid changing text, image, and video files in the compression process and while any change to the file is likely to be indiscernible, the optimization process may minimally impact the appearance of the file as displayed on your device.

It has not taken Verizon very long to start worrying about the impact the iPhone may have on its network. What do you think about Verizon’s throttling and optimization methods? Let us know in the comments!

[Verizon PDF via BGR]

HEADS UP ALL VERIZON USERS

[h2]http://www.tipb.com/2011/02/03/verizon-start-throttling-data-speeds-subscribers-optimize-content/[/h2]
[h2]Verizon to start throttling data speeds for new subscribers and optimizing content for all[/h2]
[table][tr][td]by Chris Oldroyd, Thursday, Feb 3, 2011,54 Comments [/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

rickson_choke_iphone.jpg

Verizon Wireless is to start throttling data speeds and optimizing content for smartphones like the Verizon iPhone from today according to a PDF memo on its website. The throttling will only come into affect for new customers who subscribe to a data plan or feature from February 3, 2011, however the optimization will affect all data users new and old.
Verizon Wireless strives to provide customers the best experience when using our network, a shared resource among tens of millions of customers. To help achieve this, if you use an extraordinary amount of data and fall within the top 5% of Verizon Wireless data users we may reduce your data throughput speeds periodically for the remainder of your then current and immediately following billing cycle to ensure high quality network performance for other users at locations and times of peak demand.

Verizon claims to be taking these steps to ensure that the remaining 95% of its data customers are not affected by the 5% that use a large amount of data each month. The optimization part of the process, will include caching less data by compressing images and video which reduces the overall quality of the experience.
We are implementing optimization and transcoding technologies in our network to transmit data files in a more efficient manner to allow available network capacity to benefit the greatest number of users. These techniques include caching less data, using less capacity, and sizing the video more appropriately for the device. The optimization process is agnostic to the content itself and to the website that provides it. While we invest much effort to avoid changing text, image, and video files in the compression process and while any change to the file is likely to be indiscernible, the optimization process may minimally impact the appearance of the file as displayed on your device.

It has not taken Verizon very long to start worrying about the impact the iPhone may have on its network. What do you think about Verizon’s throttling and optimization methods? Let us know in the comments!

[Verizon PDF via BGR]

is there any truth to the leaked best buys reports saying the thunderbolt releases this feb 14 ? if so might cancel my iphone order

is there any truth to the leaked best buys reports saying the thunderbolt releases this feb 14 ? if so might cancel my iphone order

Originally Posted by derventa

Type "one click root for Motorola Droid" on your Google search bar.

Originally Posted by derventa

Type "one click root for Motorola Droid" on your Google search bar.

Originally Posted by Regal Black

Why not cop the nexus one? But if I had to choose from the two I'd go with the Pyramid.
im stickin w/ my nexus one and i wanna see da benefits of gingerbread straight from google on my device...plus i JUST copped a 3200 MAH battery so i wanna

enjoy that for awhile lolz

Originally Posted by Regal Black

Why not cop the nexus one? But if I had to choose from the two I'd go with the Pyramid.
im stickin w/ my nexus one and i wanna see da benefits of gingerbread straight from google on my device...plus i JUST copped a 3200 MAH battery so i wanna

enjoy that for awhile lolz

Anyone on the Droid X have Liberty 1.5 yet? I just flashed it and so far its awesome - a real upgrade from 1.0. Love the customization - highly reccomend it

Anyone on the Droid X have Liberty 1.5 yet? I just flashed it and so far its awesome - a real upgrade from 1.0. Love the customization - highly reccomend it

Okay guys...

As stated before...

I rooted my Evo...

Got Rom manager...

Downloaded and flashed Cyanogenmod 6.1.2 Supersonic

Thing is now... I'm having trouble sending text messages now that I'm not with the stock Rom anymore.

At first I thought it was because I was sending long texts (3-4) in one SMS message...

I saw a couple of you guys talk about handcent so I downloaded it from the marketplace...

Still the same problem now...

Everytime I try to send a text message whether big (300-400 characters or more) and sometimes even small (staying within the 160 characters) is says message cannot be sent.

Is this a common problem on CM6?

Any help would be appreciated.

Okay guys...

As stated before...

I rooted my Evo...

Got Rom manager...

Downloaded and flashed Cyanogenmod 6.1.2 Supersonic

Thing is now... I'm having trouble sending text messages now that I'm not with the stock Rom anymore.

At first I thought it was because I was sending long texts (3-4) in one SMS message...

I saw a couple of you guys talk about handcent so I downloaded it from the marketplace...

Still the same problem now...

Everytime I try to send a text message whether big (300-400 characters or more) and sometimes even small (staying within the 160 characters) is says message cannot be sent.

Is this a common problem on CM6?

Any help would be appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom