Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Originally Posted by jfreak23

decided to not wait for the sensation and go with the G2x today so far its
pimp.gif

im trying to hold out, do you know of a release date for it?

Originally Posted by alleyzonjay

pimp.gif

i think the rep said sometime in june but he was not certain

pimp.gif

i think the rep said sometime in june but he was not certain

pimp.gif

I played with the G2X for the first time yesterday. That thing is so sexy, but I'm probably gonna go with the Sensation. I'd rather have Sense than stock andriod and I doubt I'll root it or anything. Plus I don't get my upgrade till July so it should be out by then.

Have they announced what carrier is getting the Galaxy S II?

pimp.gif

I played with the G2X for the first time yesterday. That thing is so sexy, but I'm probably gonna go with the Sensation. I'd rather have Sense than stock andriod and I doubt I'll root it or anything. Plus I don't get my upgrade till July so it should be out by then.

Have they announced what carrier is getting the Galaxy S II?

Some highlights of the Engadget Galaxy S II review I read so far,
The Samsung Galaxy S II is 8.49mm (0.33 inches) thick.

After 20 hours, half of which were filled with the above tinkering and exploration, we managed to drag the Galaxy S II down to 15 percent of its original charge. This was with our usual push notification suppliers, Gmail and Twitter, running in the background and while constantly connected to our WiFi network.

Whatever coating Samsung has applied to the Galaxy S II's screen works very well, as it resists smudges and fingerprint marks much better than the average smartphone.

This would usually be the part where we'd point out that qHD (960 x 540) resolution is fast becoming the norm among top-tier smartphones and that the GSII's 800 x 480 is therefore a bit behind the curve, but frankly, we don't care. With a screen as beautiful as this, such things pale into insignificance.

We'd even go so far as to say it's better than the iPhone 4's screen, purely because, at 4.3 inches, it gives us so much more room to work with. It's almost impossible to split the two up in terms of quality of output, they're both top notch

Basically, if we haven't made it clear already, this is everything that Super AMOLED was, minus the bad parts and plus an extra .3 inches in real estate. A triumph.

After 20 hours, half of which were filled with the above tinkering and exploration, we managed to drag the Galaxy S II down to 15 percent of its original charge. This was with our usual push notification suppliers, Gmail and Twitter, running in the background and while constantly connected to our WiFi network.

Using the Android System Info app (available for free on the Android Market), we found confirmation that the Galaxy S II is indeed running a 1.2GHz ARMv7 dual-core processor, but more importantly, we also dug up a breakdown of how often the SOC was reaching that max speed. Only 9.2 percent of our use harnessed the full 1.2GHz, with Samsung wisely downclocking its chip to as low as 200MHz when the phone's idling (that accounted for 46 percent of the Galaxy S II's uptime). What's impressive about this is that we never hit upon any performance bumps to indicate that we were running at slower speeds. Clearly, Samsung's power management system is doing its job well. In summary, we expect you'll be able to get a solid couple of days' regular use out of the Galaxy S II

There's simply never been an Android handset this smooth and this fluid in its operation.

11z428205ss.jpg

I want it.

Some highlights of the Engadget Galaxy S II review I read so far,
The Samsung Galaxy S II is 8.49mm (0.33 inches) thick.

Whatever coating Samsung has applied to the Galaxy S II's screen works very well, as it resists smudges and fingerprint marks much better than the average smartphone.

This would usually be the part where we'd point out that qHD (960 x 540) resolution is fast becoming the norm among top-tier smartphones and that the GSII's 800 x 480 is therefore a bit behind the curve, but frankly, we don't care. With a screen as beautiful as this, such things pale into insignificance.

We'd even go so far as to say it's better than the iPhone 4's screen, purely because, at 4.3 inches, it gives us so much more room to work with. It's almost impossible to split the two up in terms of quality of output, they're both top notch

Basically, if we haven't made it clear already, this is everything that Super AMOLED was, minus the bad parts and plus an extra .3 inches in real estate. A triumph.

Using the Android System Info app (available for free on the Android Market), we found confirmation that the Galaxy S II is indeed running a 1.2GHz ARMv7 dual-core processor, but more importantly, we also dug up a breakdown of how often the SOC was reaching that max speed. Only 9.2 percent of our use harnessed the full 1.2GHz, with Samsung wisely downclocking its chip to as low as 200MHz when the phone's idling (that accounted for 46 percent of the Galaxy S II's uptime). What's impressive about this is that we never hit upon any performance bumps to indicate that we were running at slower speeds. Clearly, Samsung's power management system is doing its job well. In summary, we expect you'll be able to get a solid couple of days' regular use out of the Galaxy S II

There's simply never been an Android handset this smooth and this fluid in its operation.

11z428205ss.jpg

I want it.

http://mobile.engadget.com/topics/software
Android 2.3.4 heading to Nexus S over the air, bringing video and voice chat to Gtalk

By Vlad Savov posted Apr 28th 2011 4:50PM

Breaking News

post_icon_video.gif

For an update with such a modest name, this is actually quite a major step forward. Google's about to start delivering Android 2.3.4to Nexus S devices out in the wild, and in among all the bug fixes andoptimizations, users will find the addition of video and voice chat toGoogle Talk. You'll be able to do it anywhere you can get a webconnection going, whether by virtue of WiFi, 3G, 4G, or the force,and other Gingerbread handsets are expected to get the sameimprovements in time. For now, however, Google's own-branded device isthe only one enjoying the very freshest Gingerbread around.

Well, damn.

http://mobile.engadget.com/topics/software
Android 2.3.4 heading to Nexus S over the air, bringing video and voice chat to Gtalk

By Vlad Savov posted Apr 28th 2011 4:50PM

Breaking News

post_icon_video.gif

For an update with such a modest name, this is actually quite a major step forward. Google's about to start delivering Android 2.3.4to Nexus S devices out in the wild, and in among all the bug fixes andoptimizations, users will find the addition of video and voice chat toGoogle Talk. You'll be able to do it anywhere you can get a webconnection going, whether by virtue of WiFi, 3G, 4G, or the force,and other Gingerbread handsets are expected to get the sameimprovements in time. For now, however, Google's own-branded device isthe only one enjoying the very freshest Gingerbread around.

Well, damn.

Back
Top Bottom