Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Originally Posted by DaNiKeRhiNo

My girl is looking for a phone, convinced her to get a dual-core chip phone. So my question is, which is the best phone out of Samsung Galaxy II, Motorola Atrix, or the LG G2x?

I told her to go with the Samsung Galaxy II because it's their second model and I'm sure they fixed whatever problems they may have had with the predecessors. She doesn't want to wait so the EVO 3D and Sensation is out of the question.

1st you need to narrow your search down for a Service Provider, then proceed to what hi-end products each provider is selling then go from their.

My girl is looking for a phone, convinced her to get a dual-core chip phone. So my question is, which is the best phone out of Samsung Galaxy II, Motorola Atrix, or the LG G2x?

I told her to go with the Samsung Galaxy II because it's their second model and I'm sure they fixed whatever problems they may have had with the predecessors. She doesn't want to wait so the EVO 3D and Sensation is out of the question.

1st you need to narrow your search down for a Service Provider, then proceed to what hi-end products each provider is selling then go from their.

Originally Posted by Alchemist IQ

Carrier is not an issue, and these are the best of the best from what I've gathered. Reading that their is no release date on the Samsung so I guess it narrows it down to G2x or Atrix.

Carrier is not an issue, and these are the best of the best from what I've gathered. Reading that their is no release date on the Samsung so I guess it narrows it down to G2x or Atrix.

I'll give it to the G2x just because it has stock bulid of Android, and will receive gingerbread soon. However the Atrix offers a lot of features but its skinned and motorola and Att&t can't be trusted imo. I know you want a dual core phone but No Android OS build for a phone really supports the hardware. Look into the Nexus S for sprint or T-mobile great phone and very practical. its a single core.

I'll give it to the G2x just because it has stock bulid of Android, and will receive gingerbread soon. However the Atrix offers a lot of features but its skinned and motorola and Att&t can't be trusted imo. I know you want a dual core phone but No Android OS build for a phone really supports the hardware. Look into the Nexus S for sprint or T-mobile great phone and very practical. its a single core.

Thanks for the info, we're going to try these two out tomorrow. But what you said about the Android OS updates coming swifter since the G2x Android is stock has us favoring the G2x too, she doesn't really care about the technical stuff, but she does want Android updates.

Thanks for the info, we're going to try these two out tomorrow. But what you said about the Android OS updates coming swifter since the G2x Android is stock has us favoring the G2x too, she doesn't really care about the technical stuff, but she does want Android updates.

If want the latest and greatest software you go with Stock Version of Android which will be Nexus S then G2x since its still has old Android os 2.2 oppose to 2.3, Technical stuff is important and the OS updates are apart of it.

If want the latest and greatest software you go with Stock Version of Android which will be Nexus S then G2x since its still has old Android os 2.2 oppose to 2.3, Technical stuff is important and the OS updates are apart of it.

Just dropped my Evo and the screen is DONE..............SMH.

Guess ill have to call asurion to put in a claim...........$100 deductable.....smh.

Does sprint fix the screens and stuff if its damaged but the phone still works?  or will they just make me call asurion?

Guess ill have to call asurion to put in a claim...........$100 deductable.....smh.

Does sprint fix the screens and stuff if its damaged but the phone still works?  or will they just make me call asurion?

Originally Posted by pacmagic2002

Same here to about 3 days ago it happen, but its not a fully cracked it like a hairline crack.

If you go to the Service Center they might be able to replace the screen for you, but it like certain models they can fix. Put in the claim as stolen. F it you wasted $70 anyway why give it back. Damm Asurion.

Same here to about 3 days ago it happen, but its not a fully cracked it like a hairline crack.

If you go to the Service Center they might be able to replace the screen for you, but it like certain models they can fix. Put in the claim as stolen. F it you wasted $70 anyway why give it back. Damm Asurion.

Just go to sprint and if its just the screen they will fix it for free if u have tep 7$ insurance.. They changed it this year to include screen damage such as cracks and what knock but i dont know if they will fix it if its cracked beyond repair.. Mines had that shattered look alot of lil cracks connected but they gave me a new screen with no problems

Just go to sprint and if its just the screen they will fix it for free if u have tep 7$ insurance.. They changed it this year to include screen damage such as cracks and what knock but i dont know if they will fix it if its cracked beyond repair.. Mines had that shattered look alot of lil cracks connected but they gave me a new screen with no problems

Yea, its just the screen thats cracked, i can still use it. (although i might get a shard of glass in my finger.)

Yea, its just the screen thats cracked, i can still use it. (although i might get a shard of glass in my finger.)

Originally Posted by Stay Lurkin

I am just waiting on the DX2 I guess. Probably wait until all the specs come out and then compare it to the galaxy 2 and the make a choice. The DX is an amazing phone thone. Custom ROMS and stuff is really the %$#@ and I suggest everyone look into them (that are on the fence about it)

Current DX user, get the thunderbolt instead if you stay with verizon. DX has a locked bootloader(DX2 will too) that won't allow the kernel to be touched, hence no Cyanogen or MIUI or true custom roms that tweak the kernel for better battery life. Liberty, Apex, Rubix etc...are nice but most developers abandoned the phone in favor of devices with unlockable bootloaders. Blur is trash also, installed launcherpro the same day i got the phone.

Originally Posted by Stay Lurkin

I am just waiting on the DX2 I guess. Probably wait until all the specs come out and then compare it to the galaxy 2 and the make a choice. The DX is an amazing phone thone. Custom ROMS and stuff is really the %$#@ and I suggest everyone look into them (that are on the fence about it)

Current DX user, get the thunderbolt instead if you stay with verizon. DX has a locked bootloader(DX2 will too) that won't allow the kernel to be touched, hence no Cyanogen or MIUI or true custom roms that tweak the kernel for better battery life. Liberty, Apex, Rubix etc...are nice but most developers abandoned the phone in favor of devices with unlockable bootloaders. Blur is trash also, installed launcherpro the same day i got the phone.

Well damn, if i knew sprint could charge your bill instead of making you pay right away, i would have done this earlier and maybe had the phone tomorrow or Tuesday.

Back
Top Bottom