Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Originally Posted by xtianp

Tried to root my phone today...EPIC FAIL. I was fully committed to finishing the job but just said screw it after a few hours. Haha.

Other than that...the SG2 is doing a fine job.

What was your issue with rooting it?  I rooted my SGS II in like 45 minutes... Had never done anything like it before.

I've been putting off figuring out how to not get prompted for system updates on the phone though... I always end up rebooting so the prompt goes away fora  few days.

Tried to root my phone today...EPIC FAIL. I was fully committed to finishing the job but just said screw it after a few hours. Haha.

What was your issue with rooting it?  I rooted my SGS II in like 45 minutes... Had never done anything like it before.

I've been putting off figuring out how to not get prompted for system updates on the phone though... I always end up rebooting so the prompt goes away fora  few days.

i rooted and unlocked my S2 in like 15 mins and never did anything like it before. i dont even know what rom i got on though. still have the yellow triangle.

i rooted and unlocked my S2 in like 15 mins and never did anything like it before. i dont even know what rom i got on though. still have the yellow triangle.

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

mannnnn.... I've had my Epic 4g since August 2011, been rooting and roming it and had CM9 Ice Cream on it....dropped it one to many times and the phone was done for. Anyway, I spend the $100 bucks on Asurion and get my replacement Epic...plug it up, try to Odin back to stock in order to run One Click root and the screen burns yellowish orange and goes dead. Straight up BRICKED. take it to the sprint store and act dumb like "i don't know what happened, it just went dead???" The sprint tech takes her apart, says everything looks brand new and fine, it just wont turn on. So they have me call Asurion again and they sent me another Epic no charge. 
Long story short..im good on rooting until I get SGIII this fall. 
laugh.gif

mannnnn.... I've had my Epic 4g since August 2011, been rooting and roming it and had CM9 Ice Cream on it....dropped it one to many times and the phone was done for. Anyway, I spend the $100 bucks on Asurion and get my replacement Epic...plug it up, try to Odin back to stock in order to run One Click root and the screen burns yellowish orange and goes dead. Straight up BRICKED. take it to the sprint store and act dumb like "i don't know what happened, it just went dead???" The sprint tech takes her apart, says everything looks brand new and fine, it just wont turn on. So they have me call Asurion again and they sent me another Epic no charge. 
Long story short..im good on rooting until I get SGIII this fall. 
laugh.gif

It was my first time doing it too though. Problem I had was common among users using Heimdall on Lion. I just gave up since it wasn't working...I really only wanted it for the Hotspot hack anyways. If you wanna help me out that'd be awesome.

It was my first time doing it too though. Problem I had was common among users using Heimdall on Lion. I just gave up since it wasn't working...I really only wanted it for the Hotspot hack anyways. If you wanna help me out that'd be awesome.

There's a youtube channel I used for all my rooting stuff... Ill post it when I'm home from work.

There's a youtube channel I used for all my rooting stuff... Ill post it when I'm home from work.

Originally Posted by Putting In Work

^you probably just need to give it some time and you'll get used to it.

lol too late. already listed it on craigslist. i'm just gonna buy another.  they changed waaaaaaay too much for my liking.  and I'd have to jump through mad hoops to get back to where i was.  so hopefully i can sell it. 

Originally Posted by Putting In Work

^you probably just need to give it some time and you'll get used to it.

lol too late. already listed it on craigslist. i'm just gonna buy another.  they changed waaaaaaay too much for my liking.  and I'd have to jump through mad hoops to get back to where i was.  so hopefully i can sell it. 

maybe its me but you guys don't find it annoying that the exact same phone drops pretty much every 2 months with only minor spec bumps? Like idk the way Android devices flood the market is a joke to me. IMO Each manufacturer should just do one big release per year.

maybe its me but you guys don't find it annoying that the exact same phone drops pretty much every 2 months with only minor spec bumps? Like idk the way Android devices flood the market is a joke to me. IMO Each manufacturer should just do one big release per year.

Originally Posted by LuckyLuchiano

Word. Its frustrating. Ive been holding on to my upgrade for over a year now. My Droid X still runs like butter and I have no issues with it. I dont want to upgrade another two years for a phone just because its a little faster or because it has ICS. Furthermore, the Nexus felt cheap to me and the camera was crappy. (I'm always using my camera phone)

How is it that the iphone 4 came out two years ago and still holds the torch for the best camera? Makes no sense to me.(BTW Im anti apple, and im basing my opinion on my girl having the iphone4)

Back
Top Bottom