• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Those who preordered their sprint gnex might get em in early as of today.
wink.gif

Originally Posted by Stay Lurkin

Sooooooo is ICS officially not supporting flash? This would be disastrous for me personally.

Why would it be disastrous for you? Its not the Android Team fault, Its Adobe who doesn't want to support their own technology for mobile devices. So it actually Adobe who is not supporting ICS or any future iterations of Android. HTML5 is and has taken the place for Flash for Mobile devices and Desktop browsers.

Adobe officially kills Flash Player for mobile, says HTML5 is 'the best solution'

Adobe just officially announced that it's killing Flash Player for Android and the BlackBerry Playbook, following a ZDNet report of the decision late last night. The company will still develop and support Flash for the PC, but says that HTML5 is the "best solution for creating and deploying content in the browser across mobile platforms." Adobe will also continue to support AIR on mobile so developers can package Flash content as mobile apps, and Flash Player 11.1 for Android and Playbook is still on track to be released — and Adobe will continue to ship bug fixes and security updates, as well.

Flash to Focus on PC Browsing and Mobile Apps; Adobe to More Aggressively Contribute to HTML5

Adobe is all about enabling designers and developers to create the most expressive content possible, regardless of platform or technology. For more than a decade, Flash has enabled the richest content to be created and deployed on the web by reaching beyond what browsers could do. It has repeatedly served as a blueprint for standardizing new technologies in HTML. Over the past two years, we’ve delivered Flash Player for mobile browsers and brought the full expressiveness of the web to many mobile devices.
However, HTML5 is now universally supported on major mobile devices, in some cases exclusively. This makes HTML5 the best solution for creating and deploying content in the browser across mobile platforms. We are excited about this, and will continue our work with key players in the HTML community, including Google, Apple, Microsoft and RIM, to drive HTML5 innovation they can use to advance their mobile browsers.
Our future work with Flash on mobile devices will be focused on enabling Flash developers to package native apps with Adobe AIR for all the major app stores. We will no longer continue to develop Flash Player in the browser to work with new mobile device configurations (chipset, browser, OS version, etc.) following the upcoming release of Flash Player 11.1 for Android and BlackBerry PlayBook. We will of course continue to provide critical bug fixes and security updates for existing device configurations. We will also allow our source code licensees to continue working on and release their own implementations.
These changes will allow us to increase investment in HTML5 and innovate with Flash where it can have most impact for the industry, including advanced gaming and premium video. Flash Player 11 for PC browsers just introduced dozens of new features, including hardware accelerated 3D graphics for console-quality gaming and premium HD video with content protection. Flash developers can take advantage of these features, and all that our Flash tooling has to offer, to reach more than a billion PCs through their browsers and to package native apps with AIR that run on hundreds of millions of mobile devices through all the popular app stores, including the iTunes App Store, Android Market, Amazon Appstore for Android and BlackBerry App World.
We are already working on Flash Player 12 and a new round of exciting features which we expect to again advance what is possible for delivering high definition entertainment experiences. We will continue to leverage our experience with Flash to accelerate our work with the W3C and WebKit to bring similar capabilities to HTML5 as quickly as possible, just as we have done with CSS Shaders. And, we will design new features in Flash for a smooth transition to HTML5 as the standards evolve so developers can confidently invest knowing their skills will continue to be leveraged.
We are super excited about the next generations of HTML5 and Flash. Together they offer developers and content publishers great options for delivering compelling web and application experiences across PCs and devices. There is already amazing work being done that is pushing the newest boundaries, and we can’t wait to see what is still yet to come!

If you have a Galaxy Nexus you can use flash, but honestly i don't even like using flash on my phone not even on my computer sometimes cause its old software that needs to be let go.

Originally Posted by Stay Lurkin

Sooooooo is ICS officially not supporting flash? This would be disastrous for me personally.

Why would it be disastrous for you? Its not the Android Team fault, Its Adobe who doesn't want to support their own technology for mobile devices. So it actually Adobe who is not supporting ICS or any future iterations of Android. HTML5 is and has taken the place for Flash for Mobile devices and Desktop browsers.

Adobe officially kills Flash Player for mobile, says HTML5 is 'the best solution'

Adobe just officially announced that it's killing Flash Player for Android and the BlackBerry Playbook, following a ZDNet report of the decision late last night. The company will still develop and support Flash for the PC, but says that HTML5 is the "best solution for creating and deploying content in the browser across mobile platforms." Adobe will also continue to support AIR on mobile so developers can package Flash content as mobile apps, and Flash Player 11.1 for Android and Playbook is still on track to be released — and Adobe will continue to ship bug fixes and security updates, as well.

Flash to Focus on PC Browsing and Mobile Apps; Adobe to More Aggressively Contribute to HTML5

Adobe is all about enabling designers and developers to create the most expressive content possible, regardless of platform or technology. For more than a decade, Flash has enabled the richest content to be created and deployed on the web by reaching beyond what browsers could do. It has repeatedly served as a blueprint for standardizing new technologies in HTML. Over the past two years, we’ve delivered Flash Player for mobile browsers and brought the full expressiveness of the web to many mobile devices.
However, HTML5 is now universally supported on major mobile devices, in some cases exclusively. This makes HTML5 the best solution for creating and deploying content in the browser across mobile platforms. We are excited about this, and will continue our work with key players in the HTML community, including Google, Apple, Microsoft and RIM, to drive HTML5 innovation they can use to advance their mobile browsers.
Our future work with Flash on mobile devices will be focused on enabling Flash developers to package native apps with Adobe AIR for all the major app stores. We will no longer continue to develop Flash Player in the browser to work with new mobile device configurations (chipset, browser, OS version, etc.) following the upcoming release of Flash Player 11.1 for Android and BlackBerry PlayBook. We will of course continue to provide critical bug fixes and security updates for existing device configurations. We will also allow our source code licensees to continue working on and release their own implementations.
These changes will allow us to increase investment in HTML5 and innovate with Flash where it can have most impact for the industry, including advanced gaming and premium video. Flash Player 11 for PC browsers just introduced dozens of new features, including hardware accelerated 3D graphics for console-quality gaming and premium HD video with content protection. Flash developers can take advantage of these features, and all that our Flash tooling has to offer, to reach more than a billion PCs through their browsers and to package native apps with AIR that run on hundreds of millions of mobile devices through all the popular app stores, including the iTunes App Store, Android Market, Amazon Appstore for Android and BlackBerry App World.
We are already working on Flash Player 12 and a new round of exciting features which we expect to again advance what is possible for delivering high definition entertainment experiences. We will continue to leverage our experience with Flash to accelerate our work with the W3C and WebKit to bring similar capabilities to HTML5 as quickly as possible, just as we have done with CSS Shaders. And, we will design new features in Flash for a smooth transition to HTML5 as the standards evolve so developers can confidently invest knowing their skills will continue to be leveraged.
We are super excited about the next generations of HTML5 and Flash. Together they offer developers and content publishers great options for delivering compelling web and application experiences across PCs and devices. There is already amazing work being done that is pushing the newest boundaries, and we can’t wait to see what is still yet to come!

If you have a Galaxy Nexus you can use flash, but honestly i don't even like using flash on my phone not even on my computer sometimes cause its old software that needs to be let go.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S-II and an HTC Amaze.
nerd.gif

Anyone wanna weigh on on which I should keep/sell?

I have a Samsung Galaxy S-II and an HTC Amaze.
nerd.gif

Anyone wanna weigh on on which I should keep/sell?

Whoa, I am not mad at anyone or saying that it is anyone's fault. I just actually use it and it would suck not to have it.

Whoa, I am not mad at anyone or saying that it is anyone's fault. I just actually use it and it would suck not to have it.

Originally Posted by Alchemist IQ

steve-jobs-laughing.jpg

Spoiler [+]
r.i.p

Originally Posted by Alchemist IQ

steve-jobs-laughing.jpg

Spoiler [+]
r.i.p

Originally Posted by pacmagic2002

Originally Posted by odog24

Originally Posted by Cyber Smoke

Your gonna kill yourself after a few months if you do that.

Capped data plans are awful bro, easily the worst thing to happen to cell phone consumers.
yeah i cant imagine being capped. i love to use pandora or youtube in the car and i dont wanna be looking to make sure i dont pass the cap and be paranoid about it. i rather stick with sprint and be unlimited
the big thing with me is that i dont use much data because when im home, i mostly use wifi.
for last month, i only used a total of just under 1gb........normal use.

i dont use pandora or streaming radio much, maybe once every blue moon.

Honestly, what I'm planning to do is get up on that Straight Talk Tip and just use the difference to fund a portable wifi hotspot through Verizon.  I'm already used to paying in the 70s so it won't be that big a deal.  I don't use that much data but I'll be damned if I go in on Pandora for a few days & get capped that quickly.  Coming from T-Mobile the past 8 years and now Sprint I have no idea how much data I used since it didn't matter with unlimited plans.  I fought the early adopter itch and will wait until the 3rd to make up my mind on the Sprint Nexus.  If Sammy doesn't BS with vague details and gives us a solid release date I'll wait for the S3.  But I'm not gonna check Google every couple of days for 2-3 months like I did with the S II again, that's for sure.

Originally Posted by Joe Billionaire

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

There is a rumor that Samsung is eying a worldwide release date for the Galaxy S3.

i doubt that, the US just got the phone a few months ago they need to give at least a years time...uk years is almost up and engadget already screened shot that it was up for preorder on amazon over there 12mp and 4.7 screen

Samsung must be unveiling multiple devices on the third then...

Or Sammy realizes the leverage they have with the carriers and the competition they're facing from HTC and the looming iPhone (6?).  If there were two lessons Samsung learned the hard way in 2011 it was how to lose easy money by taking an extra 6 months to get the S II to North America and giving an exclusive to VZW on the Nexus (I don't blame them on the Note with AT&T because fanboys can't accept the fact it's very much a niche product).

Everyone knows the next iPhone is gonna switch the game up and if they sold so many million 4S's simply off of Siri & a better camera you know Apple's gonna rake it in on the next one.  Samsung could release hands down the best smartphone ever, of all time, but if it's anywhere in the window of the iPhone launch it's getting overshadowed, point blank. 

Originally Posted by pacmagic2002

Originally Posted by odog24

Your gonna kill yourself after a few months if you do that.

Capped data plans are awful bro, easily the worst thing to happen to cell phone consumers.
yeah i cant imagine being capped. i love to use pandora or youtube in the car and i dont wanna be looking to make sure i dont pass the cap and be paranoid about it. i rather stick with sprint and be unlimited
the big thing with me is that i dont use much data because when im home, i mostly use wifi.
for last month, i only used a total of just under 1gb........normal use.

i dont use pandora or streaming radio much, maybe once every blue moon.

Honestly, what I'm planning to do is get up on that Straight Talk Tip and just use the difference to fund a portable wifi hotspot through Verizon.  I'm already used to paying in the 70s so it won't be that big a deal.  I don't use that much data but I'll be damned if I go in on Pandora for a few days & get capped that quickly.  Coming from T-Mobile the past 8 years and now Sprint I have no idea how much data I used since it didn't matter with unlimited plans.  I fought the early adopter itch and will wait until the 3rd to make up my mind on the Sprint Nexus.  If Sammy doesn't BS with vague details and gives us a solid release date I'll wait for the S3.  But I'm not gonna check Google every couple of days for 2-3 months like I did with the S II again, that's for sure.

Originally Posted by Joe Billionaire

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

There is a rumor that Samsung is eying a worldwide release date for the Galaxy S3.

i doubt that, the US just got the phone a few months ago they need to give at least a years time...uk years is almost up and engadget already screened shot that it was up for preorder on amazon over there 12mp and 4.7 screen

Samsung must be unveiling multiple devices on the third then...

Or Sammy realizes the leverage they have with the carriers and the competition they're facing from HTC and the looming iPhone (6?).  If there were two lessons Samsung learned the hard way in 2011 it was how to lose easy money by taking an extra 6 months to get the S II to North America and giving an exclusive to VZW on the Nexus (I don't blame them on the Note with AT&T because fanboys can't accept the fact it's very much a niche product).

Everyone knows the next iPhone is gonna switch the game up and if they sold so many million 4S's simply off of Siri & a better camera you know Apple's gonna rake it in on the next one.  Samsung could release hands down the best smartphone ever, of all time, but if it's anywhere in the window of the iPhone launch it's getting overshadowed, point blank. 

GOOGLE DRIVE

google-drive-banner.jpg

Google has just made Google Drive official. As expected, the service will offer 5GB of storage space for documents, videos, photos, PDFs and other files, and Google Docs is built-in to the service. Users will be able to upgrade to 25GB of space for $2.49 a month, 100GB for $4.99 a month, or 1TB for $49.99 a month, and upgrading to a paid account will expand your Gmail storage to 25GB.

Google Docs functionality within Google Drive will allow users to work with others in real-time (as you can currently do in Google Docs), and includes the ability to share content with others, add and reply to comments, and receive notifications for new comments on documents or files. Google says you can also search everything in Drive by keyword, or filter by file type, owner, and other criteria. The service can also recognize text in scanned documents.

Google says Drive is "built to work seamlessly with your overall Google experience," which means that users can attach photos to Drive to posts in Google+, and will soon be able to attach files from Drive directly to emails in Gmail. Google also says that Drive is an open platform, and that it is working with third-party developers to allow users to "send faxes, edit videos, and create website mockups directly from Drive." Overall it's sounding a lot like Dropbox with its initial feature set, but that's not necessarily a bad thing.

Google Drive is available now for PC, Mac, and Android, and will come soon to the iPhone and iPad.

also you can now get a Galaxy Nexus off contract for $400 bucks which is not bad at all
pimp.gif

GOOGLE DRIVE

google-drive-banner.jpg

Google has just made Google Drive official. As expected, the service will offer 5GB of storage space for documents, videos, photos, PDFs and other files, and Google Docs is built-in to the service. Users will be able to upgrade to 25GB of space for $2.49 a month, 100GB for $4.99 a month, or 1TB for $49.99 a month, and upgrading to a paid account will expand your Gmail storage to 25GB.

Google Docs functionality within Google Drive will allow users to work with others in real-time (as you can currently do in Google Docs), and includes the ability to share content with others, add and reply to comments, and receive notifications for new comments on documents or files. Google says you can also search everything in Drive by keyword, or filter by file type, owner, and other criteria. The service can also recognize text in scanned documents.

Google says Drive is "built to work seamlessly with your overall Google experience," which means that users can attach photos to Drive to posts in Google+, and will soon be able to attach files from Drive directly to emails in Gmail. Google also says that Drive is an open platform, and that it is working with third-party developers to allow users to "send faxes, edit videos, and create website mockups directly from Drive." Overall it's sounding a lot like Dropbox with its initial feature set, but that's not necessarily a bad thing.

Google Drive is available now for PC, Mac, and Android, and will come soon to the iPhone and iPad.

also you can now get a Galaxy Nexus off contract for $400 bucks which is not bad at all
pimp.gif

so now i have a evo 3d and a gs2 both for sprint. should i sell both and pick up the gnex? is it worth it? ima sucker for hi res

so now i have a evo 3d and a gs2 both for sprint. should i sell both and pick up the gnex? is it worth it? ima sucker for hi res

Back
Top Bottom