Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Originally Posted by pacmagic2002

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

Galaxy S III is a 5' phone?

This trend is starting to annoy the holy $$@! outta me -_-

Where you get this info
I think he is referring to that picture with the ruler. But when we say inches we're talking about screen size... you can't tell the screen size from that ruler pic 

Where you get this info
I think he is referring to that picture with the ruler. But when we say inches we're talking about screen size... you can't tell the screen size from that ruler pic 

Originally Posted by BrotherForReal

okay, NT brethren, the time has come.

I've been android ever since SERO killed $30 smartphones and my touch pro 2 died. My latest device was the EVO line (og/3d) but it decided it wanted to commit suicide and drowned itself.

I had a first gen iphone which I hated but I've been playing with my co-workers 4/4s and it seems to be a lot tighter. My only issue is rooting/jailbreaking. I'm into expanding the phone to it's potential and stripping the bloatware that comes with stock roms so I want to know if the iphone is fully jailbroken in it's newest version 5.0.1 and your thoughts on SG II vs the new Galaxy Nexus.

Thanks.

If you go with the Galaxy Nexus your future proofing your purchase with software updates and Sprint 4G LTE data connection, if you get the SGS II you kinda back pedaling cause the SG III is coming out which will make the phone obsolete and Sprint WiMax is being phased out in the near future.

Originally Posted by BrotherForReal

I've been android ever since SERO killed $30 smartphones and my touch pro 2 died. My latest device was the EVO line (og/3d) but it decided it wanted to commit suicide and drowned itself.

I had a first gen iphone which I hated but I've been playing with my co-workers 4/4s and it seems to be a lot tighter. My only issue is rooting/jailbreaking. I'm into expanding the phone to it's potential and stripping the bloatware that comes with stock roms so I want to know if the iphone is fully jailbroken in it's newest version 5.0.1 and your thoughts on SG II vs the new Galaxy Nexus.

Thanks.

If you go with the Galaxy Nexus your future proofing your purchase with software updates and Sprint 4G LTE data connection, if you get the SGS II you kinda back pedaling cause the SG III is coming out which will make the phone obsolete and Sprint WiMax is being phased out in the near future.

Originally Posted by Alchemist IQ

BrotherForReal said:

Thanks.

^cosign. sprint users should save themselves the trouble and not buy a wimax phone.

the gs2 is still worth the money on tmobile and att. the phone has excellent specs and screen and has no software lag as far as i know. plus you'll get 4g on those networks already. also both are slated to get Ice Cream Sandwich this month.

sgs3 is cool and all, but do u really need a quad core? (is it quad core
nerd.gif
?) the avg smartphone user doesn't use the phone in a way that the phone can't keep up. outside of texting, email, occasional browsing, calls, occasional game or video stream, a dual core phone handles all that easily. also sg2 is gonna be mad cheap once that 3 hits.

BrotherForReal said:

Thanks.

^cosign. sprint users should save themselves the trouble and not buy a wimax phone.

the gs2 is still worth the money on tmobile and att. the phone has excellent specs and screen and has no software lag as far as i know. plus you'll get 4g on those networks already. also both are slated to get Ice Cream Sandwich this month.

sgs3 is cool and all, but do u really need a quad core? (is it quad core
nerd.gif
?) the avg smartphone user doesn't use the phone in a way that the phone can't keep up. outside of texting, email, occasional browsing, calls, occasional game or video stream, a dual core phone handles all that easily. also sg2 is gonna be mad cheap once that 3 hits.

Download: Galaxy Nexus 4.0.4 Build IMM76K (VERIZON ONLY)

by: Kellex | posted 05.01.12 | Downloads, Galaxy Nexus, News, Root
Here you go…somebody finally pulled a log over at XDA and a few of us patched it together to form the update URL from Google. This is it, folks, the 4.0.4 IMM76K update for your beloved Galaxy Nexus on Verizon. So much for that conspiracy, eh?

Instructions:

Well, if you are stock rooted 4.0.2 (ICL53F) (original stock radios too), you should be able to flash this file in Clockwmod Recovery. If you are running something else, give us a minute to think about that. You may have to jump all of the way back to ICL53F or you could wait until some finds a full file that will flash over anything regardless of build – assuming that even exists.

346n975.gif

link got killed by google
30t6p3b.gif
either dudes at xda upload it or we wait 4 weeks

Download: Galaxy Nexus 4.0.4 Build IMM76K (VERIZON ONLY)

by: Kellex | posted 05.01.12 | Downloads, Galaxy Nexus, News, Root
Here you go…somebody finally pulled a log over at XDA and a few of us patched it together to form the update URL from Google. This is it, folks, the 4.0.4 IMM76K update for your beloved Galaxy Nexus on Verizon. So much for that conspiracy, eh?

Instructions:

Well, if you are stock rooted 4.0.2 (ICL53F) (original stock radios too), you should be able to flash this file in Clockwmod Recovery. If you are running something else, give us a minute to think about that. You may have to jump all of the way back to ICL53F or you could wait until some finds a full file that will flash over anything regardless of build – assuming that even exists.

346n975.gif

link got killed by google
30t6p3b.gif
either dudes at xda upload it or we wait 4 weeks

Where you get this info

Only thing I have been seeing is 4.7 with on screen buttons. Very comparable to the G-Nexus

why? 
dont knock it till u tried it, the gs3 probably weighs half of what ur evo weighs anyway...i got the note and i dont even feel it in my pocket

If I bought an unlocked Note (or bought a Note and unlocked) and used it on Verizon, would I be able to use 4G
nerd.gif
? I just remember having an unlocked iphone years ago and I could use 3g etc and was stuck on edge network and it was pretty bad. I hope things have changed

Originally Posted by Stay Lurkin

If I bought an unlocked Note (or bought a Note and unlocked) and used it on Verizon, would I be able to use 4G
nerd.gif
? I just remember having an unlocked iphone years ago and I could use 3g etc and was stuck on edge network and it was pretty bad. I hope things have changed

phone doesnt work with verizon or sprint when i opened my note last week a paper fell out and said it doesnt work with verizon and sprint...im on edge with it now on tmobile

Dude, I already told you. WiMAX is not getting phased out. They have a contract with the company providing WiMAX, and it will still be running when LTE shows up. They cannot breach that contract. And guess what, LTE is not going to be up as soon as you think it will be.

Trust me on this one, my job depends on knowing things like this.

Originally Posted by an dee 51o

Dude, I already told you. WiMAX is not getting phased out. They have a contract with the company providing WiMAX, and it will still be running when LTE shows up. They cannot breach that contract. And guess what, LTE is not going to be up as soon as you think it will be.

i think he means that no PHONES will include wimax, which has already been stated by sprint.
so basically, it IS being phased out as far are phone hardware.

Originally Posted by Stay Lurkin

Damn, you bought that thing and you are on edge? God bless you
yup its a beast tho, the att version runs on tmobile 4g with a radio flash but i went for the more powerful international one a dev supposedly working on running it on tmobile too only had it a few days so no complaints...as far as edge im either at work or at home so im wifi'd out...gonna try simple talk for a month to see how it goes tho 

Originally Posted by an dee 51o

i think he means that no PHONES will include wimax, which has already been stated by sprint.
so basically, it IS being phased out as far are phone hardware.

My bad, just keep people on the up and up DONT BUY A WIMAX PHONE FROM SPRINT GET A LTE DEVICE

selling my gsII tomorrow cuz i want something new.
im on sprint. should i cop the galaxy nexus? or should i use my evo 3d until the gs3 comes out?

Patiently waiting for the s3 to come out.

I have been experimenting with different cheap android phones in the meanwhile with my simple mobile sim. Sidekick 4g and G2 aren't bad if your waiting like me for the savior of all phones
laugh.gif

i hope the sgs3 isn't a big upgrade over the last, i'm content with my sgs1 running ICS and don't want to drop more money on things i dont need
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom