Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Originally Posted by Alchemist IQ

Originally Posted by pacmagic2002

Originally Posted by an dee 51o

Dude, I already told you. WiMAX is not getting phased out. They have a contract with the company providing WiMAX, and it will still be running when LTE shows up. They cannot breach that contract. And guess what, LTE is not going to be up as soon as you think it will be.

Trust me on this one, my job depends on knowing things like this.

i think he means that no PHONES will include wimax, which has already been stated by sprint.
so basically, it IS being phased out as far are phone hardware.

My bad, just keep people on the up and up DONT BUY A WIMAX PHONE FROM SPRINT GET A LTE DEVICE
Both of you are correct, and I definitely wouldn't buy a WiMAX phone at this point. But I just wanted to clear up the fact that people that already have GS2s and such aren't gonna lose their WiMAX any time soon.

And I have a very good source telling me that Sprint is SCRAMBLING to get LTE set up because of their contract with the WiMAX company. Paying two companies for "4G" costs a huge amount of money.

Originally Posted by Joe Billionaire

Originally Posted by Stay Lurkin

Damn, you bought that thing and you are on edge? God bless you
yup its a beast tho, the att version runs on tmobile 4g with a radio flash but i went for the more powerful international one a dev supposedly working on running it on tmobile too only had it a few days so no complaints...as far as edge im either at work or at home so im wifi'd out...gonna try simple talk for a month to see how it goes tho 
if the specs on the samsung galaxy s3 dont impress me today, im coppin the note on ATT
that htc one x is an easy pass.

Odog, sell the 3d cop Da GNex or wait for the Evo.

I'm reserving mine via preorder
pimp.gif

The One X LCD2 screen > SAMOLED (but Sammy does have better blacks tho).

Originally Posted by Tetsujin23

Odog, sell the 3d cop Da GNex or wait for the Evo.

I'm reserving mine via preorder
pimp.gif

The One X LCD2 screen > SAMOLED (but Sammy does have better blacks tho).
when does the evo drop? im kinda tired of sammy cheap plastic devices

Originally Posted by Based Mod

i hope the sgs3 isn't a big upgrade over the last, i'm content with my sgs1 running ICS and don't want to drop more money on things i dont need
laugh.gif

whats so hard about selling the phone you have to buy the new one? (with your upgrade of course)
and you have the GS1? OR 2?

im sure it will be an upgrade over both........

no 12mp camera.............i wont be getting it.

that was the only thing i wanted over what i currently have.............

Just got my Galaxy Nexus (unlocked from google) in from leaving my GSII (T-mobile). I had no idea how much I was missing out on with ICS. I'll never buy another phone not Nexus or iPhone.

It's official

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Samsung Galaxy S III is official: 4.8-inch HD Super AMOLED display, quad-core Exynos processor and gesture functions[/h1]
By James Trew posted May 3rd 2012 2:00PM

Breaking News

samdunghereitisgs3babysdsd.jpg

The Galaxy S III is Samsung's new flagship smartphone and it's finally broken cover at the company's stand-alone Mobile Unpacked event here in London. With a steady stream of fakes, outright leaks and even event rescheduling, Samsung's claimed almost crazy levels of interest for its new smartphone. Weighing in at 133g (4.7 ounces) and whittled to 8.6mm at its thickest, the rounded-off design has more than a little bit in common with its Galaxy Nexus cousin. Of course, it's Samsung's new 1.4GHz Exynos 4 Quad processor doing the legwork, and there's 1GB of RAM to help it out. The display has been bumped up in size to a 4.8-inch HD Super AMOLED affair, sporting a 1280 x 720 pixel count. Happy snappers will have an 8-megapixel rear shooter to play with, and a 1.9-megapixel eye on the front will take care of those video calls. If you were wondering about radios, it's launching with HSPA+, but there's an LTE version in the cards. As for the interface, it's TouchWiz on top of Android 4.0 again, and there's new gesture functions to help you get around. So, there it is, the phone we've all been waiting for (until the next one) but that's not all, be sure to check our hands-on coverage and additional features for the in-depth breakdown.

i mean...............that dont even seem no diff than the htc one x 
hell the htc even looks better

what about the battery and storage?

Originally Posted by Al Audi

i mean...............that dont even seem no diff than the htc one x 
hell the htc even looks better

what about the battery and storage?

2,100 mAH battery, I'm not sure about the storage but there does look like there will be an expansion slot. Lets hope that sticks in the US versions.

I'm impressed with the Software more than the hardware they put into the phone. The design of the phone is very elegant. This will be in my radar.

Originally Posted by odog24

selling my gsII tomorrow cuz i want something new.
im on sprint. should i cop the galaxy nexus? or should i use my evo 3d until the gs3 comes out?

I was waiting until today to see if they were gonna give me a reason to wait....and they didn't.  While it's an upgrade over the II, 7-8 months from now when the new Nexus comes out it'll basically have all the features the 3 is having and even more.  But the main reason I'm not buying (for now) is the waiting game for it to reach our shores.  And when it does make it, either VZW or ATT will be at the top of the pecking order.  So I'll take a GNexus in May over a GS III in maybe July, probably August.

And before people start to complain about the new TouchWiz, if you can run a GS II with the stock ICS launcher, pray tell why this won't be the same for the III?

But I see this as a HUGE win for HTC.  Motorola doesn't have any heat coming down the pipe any time soon so the One Series is gonna turn some heads, especially at TMO, since that's all you got that's new (Sans a BB or Pantech device maybe).

EDIT: So we know the US variant(s) won't have a home button.  Since software buttons are present in native ICS, are we gonna get an even bigger screen?  Kinda redundant at this point to continue with the 4 capacitive buttons.  Sadly I see that blank space at the bottom as more room for carriers to brand their logos at the bottom and ugly the phone up. 

As much as I love what Sammy has done the past few years, Apple already taking the W this round.  It feels like the GS III is our equivalent to the 4S after the 4.

Originally Posted by DaNiKeRhiNo

HTC took this round IMO. Better design and material and the specs are very similar.

Agree, only thing about the htc is the battery and storage. I dunno.....imma get the note or the one x maybe to hold me until Q4 2012

Back
Top Bottom