• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
yeah they make roms like ICS touchwiz based or ics sense based or whatever...stock roms with a few tweaks...all that takes time like 2 months from a phones release for there to be a bunch of dope out of beta roms tho

all those little features people are liking will be ported to other phones 

personally,i think EVERYBODY should have at least one PC. If you can afford a mac, you can afford a PC on the side, im sure.

i have nothing against macs, but you really should try to be universal in dealing with devices like tablets and phones......PC is and will always be the standard, like it or not.

Real word performance like browser speed/rendering , camera speed, opening/closing apps > GPU performance . If I want to play console quality games I will turn on my ps3 or Xbox .

if you're a non nexus owner than the s3 is a solid choice. however i would also consider the s2 simply out of battery.

a BIG factor in determining a quality smartphone is battery life. at 2100mAh, i don't see a solid battery life for the s3 when you consider a quad core processor and 4G LTE connection. my nexus has 2100mah with an extended battery and its only dual core and gets me thru the day fine, but if it were quad core, don't see that happening.

with that said, the s2 is a great choice because its still a very fast phone, dual core, and about to be a lot cheaper. also its getting android 4.0 this season as early as this month.

Originally Posted by SJSneakerheadIII

Originally Posted by 504 D1 Prospect

software should never be a concern, it's stupid not to root.
What if you're unable to?
I have a Mac. 

i rooted my nexus with a mac and its MUCH easier on mac than windows unless u use the root tool.

Originally Posted by sreggie101

I have a Mac. 

i rooted my nexus with a mac and its MUCH easier on mac than windows unless u use the root tool.
PM me if you can. 
I wanna root my Note but I'm not about to go and buy a PC just for that.  

it depends.......we`ll have to wait till it comes out to see how its really gonna be. the sprint version is always different than the others in SOME way.

I have a Mac. 

PM me if you can. 

i got u

SJSneakerheadIII said:

I have a Mac. 

PM me if you can. 
i got u

What tool kit did u use with the Mac?

All that lil hype for that lil S3 for NOTHING
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by odog24

Originally Posted by Tetsujin23

Odog, sell the 3d cop Da GNex or wait for the Evo.

I'm reserving mine via preorder
pimp.gif

The One X LCD2 screen > SAMOLED (but Sammy does have better blacks tho).
when does the evo drop? im kinda tired of sammy cheap plastic devices

Preorder on teh 7th and releases the week after that.
pimp.gif

Currently have the SGS (Captivate) so anything recent is pretty much an upgrade
laugh.gif

They basically pulled an Apple. I have AT&T and I'm on the fence to get either the S3 or One X.
Once rooted and what not, battery life will be fine. I'm on a CM7 variant and it gets me throughout the day.
My Cappy has always been easy to root, Samsung has a rep for that...embracing the dev community.
So I do wonder if the One X being a unibody will make hacking slightly more difficult than usual?
I think the body on the S3 could and should have been better, especially the back and finish.
Both skins are eh to me, I'll end up using LP right away as usual.
Battery life, real world performance and what the dev community can do with the phone are the biggest factors for me.....for the most part, dudes on XDA can enhance the first two
My contract is up in Oct so I'll have time
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by odog24

Odog, sell the 3d cop Da GNex or wait for the Evo.

I'm reserving mine via preorder
pimp.gif

The One X LCD2 screen > SAMOLED (but Sammy does have better blacks tho).
when does the evo drop? im kinda tired of sammy cheap plastic devices

Preorder on teh 7th and releases the week after that.
pimp.gif
prolly gunna go ahead and get that. and it also syncs with my itunes 
eek.gif
pimp.gif

reminds me of the palm pre. what could have been 
tired.gif

Originally Posted by Mastamind89

laugh.gif

They basically pulled an Apple. I have AT&T and I'm on the fence to get either the S3 or One X.
Once rooted and what not, battery life will be fine. I'm on a CM7 variant and it gets me throughout the day.
My Cappy has always been easy to root, Samsung has a rep for that...embracing the dev community.
So I do wonder if the One X being a unibody will make hacking slightly more difficult than usual?
I think the body on the S3 could and should have been better, especially the back and finish.
Battery life, real world performance and what the dev community can do with the phone are the biggest factors for me.....for the most part, dudes on XDA can enhance the first two
pimp.gif

AT&T HTC One X’s Bootloader Locked Up – Other Variants Get Off Scott-Free
by Chris Chavez on May 3rd, 2012 at 11:14 pm

Looks like the AT&T version of the HTC One X differs from the international version in more ways than just the processor being used. Paul O’brien and friends over at MoDaCo have uncovered an interesting bit of news about the AT&T One X that could pose a problem for those looking to flash custom ROMs onto the device.

According to Mr. Obrien, he and a few others are being greeted by a “MID ERROR 160″ when attempting to unlock the bootloader on the AT&T One X through HTCDev. Again, this error hasn’t showed up when unlocking the Euro or Canadian version of the One X and seems to be a unique issue only to the AT&T version. There’s a wide range of reasons why a carrier would want to go through the trouble of requesting a device’s bootloader remain locked and it’s also very possible that a future update could fix this roadblock. But as it stands today, the HTC One X on AT&T is currently unlockable.

Samsung releases the source code promptly than HTC and you do have the main guy Steve Kodnik (CM7 HEAD DEVELOPER) who actually works with samsung. The one X will get it bootloader unlocked just might take some time.

Originally Posted by Alchemist IQ

Originally Posted by Mastamind89

laugh.gif

pimp.gif

AT&T HTC One X’s Bootloader Locked Up – Other Variants Get Off Scott-Free
by Chris Chavez on May 3rd, 2012 at 11:14 pm

Looks like the AT&T version of the HTC One X differs from the international version in more ways than just the processor being used. Paul O’brien and friends over at MoDaCo have uncovered an interesting bit of news about the AT&T One X that could pose a problem for those looking to flash custom ROMs onto the device.

According to Mr. Obrien, he and a few others are being greeted by a “MID ERROR 160″ when attempting to unlock the bootloader on the AT&T One X through HTCDev. Again, this error hasn’t showed up when unlocking the Euro or Canadian version of the One X and seems to be a unique issue only to the AT&T version. There’s a wide range of reasons why a carrier would want to go through the trouble of requesting a device’s bootloader remain locked and it’s also very possible that a future update could fix this roadblock. But as it stands today, the HTC One X on AT&T is currently unlockable.

Samsung releases the source code promptly than HTC and you do have the main guy Steve Kodnik (CM7 HEAD DEVELOPER) who actually works with samsung. The one X will get it bootloader unlocked just might take some time.
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Why tho?

Forgot dude was working for Samsung...that's my boy.

Originally Posted by pacmagic2002

Originally Posted by Based Mod

i hope the sgs3 isn't a big upgrade over the last, i'm content with my sgs1 running ICS and don't want to drop more money on things i dont need
laugh.gif

whats so hard about selling the phone you have to buy the new one? (with your upgrade of course)
and you have the GS1? OR 2?

im sure it will be an upgrade over both........
it's not hard at all.  i just don't want to drop any cash for something i have no real need for 
i have the gs1 (vibrant).

and obviously it'll be an upgrade.  now after seeing the less-than-stellar specs of the gs3, i'll hold off for the next nexus

Just got done looking at the GS3, overall it's not that bad, it has more screen than the OneX/Evo. And the white/white is
eek.gif

The rounded edges and the back are the major turnoffs of this phone.

But...it has CPU configuration
nerd.gif

Idk though....bigger screen size VS better screen
Touch wiz VS sense
matte VS super glossy finish

The sad thing is, the button is GONNA be replaced with just a blank bottom. Might be a hit or miss.A white GNex with a slight facelift?Cue thinking raptor.jpg

Back
Top Bottom