• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Originally Posted by Alchemist IQ

sreggie101 said:
SJSneakerheadIII said:
Originally Posted by sreggie101

Originally Posted by SJSneakerheadIII

Originally Posted by 504 D1 Prospect

software should never be a concern, it's stupid not to root.
What if you're unable to?
I have a Mac. 

i rooted my nexus with a mac and its MUCH easier on mac than windows unless u use the root tool.
PM me if you can. 
I wanna root my Note but I'm not about to go and buy a PC just for that.  
i got u

What tool kit did u use with the Mac?

nah there is a toolkit for windows that does everything with just one button clicks, depending on what you want to do.

link : http://www.wugfresh.com/dev/gnex-root-toolkit/

however as i was telling the other dude, i rotted my nexus on mac and it was VERY simple. PM me if you want that guide son.

Originally Posted by cRazy dav0

i just hard bricked my evo ... fml ... waiting for the evo lte now ... a week w/o a phone so far ... fml

hard bricked? no such thing. Which EVO? have you run a RUU?

[h2]http://androidandme.com/2012/05/smartphones-2/lg-reveals-first-android-smartphone-with-2gb-ram/[/h2]
[h2]LG reveals first Android smartphone with 2GB RAM[/h2]
inShare

Today LG revealed the Optimus LTE2 which is the first smartphone to feature 2GB of RAM, double that of most high-end phones. LG obsesses with Samsung, the same way that Samsung obsesses with Apple, so it’s no surprise the Korean handset maker quietly announced a new smartphone in responses to Samsung’s Unpacked event.

Highlights of the Optimus LTE2 include a 4.7 inch True HD IPS display, dual-core 1.5 GHz Snapdragon S4 processor, 2 GB RAM, 2150 mAh battery, and support for LTE networks in Korea. The device is expected to go on sale in mid-May.

We don’t expect this exact model will ever come to the US, but it provides a good idea of where the high-end smartphones are headed. By the end of 2012, most flagship products will have quad-core processors, 2 GB RAM, and 2,000+ mAh batteries.

Thank you LG for making all our phones feel a little more inadequate.

We all knew it was coming
happy.gif

Originally Posted by Joe Billionaire

2gb finally
pimp.gif

that camera nice

c'mon son that's overkill. More ram creates a problem for battery consumption. I can see if they had the phone boot ChromeOS in Motorola like laptop dock i can see myslef utilizing the 2GB of ram and the beastly processor. Other than that YOU'LL HAVE TO SHOOT ME 1ST TO PUT A LG PHONE IN MY HAND
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by cRazy dav0

i just hard bricked my evo ... fml ... waiting for the evo lte now ... a week w/o a phone so far ... fml

hard bricked? no such thing. Which EVO? have you run a RUU?

og evo 4g ... i had the back off when i flashed the radio ... battery came out and now the phone doesn't charge on turn on ... it's possible ... rookie mistake ... smfh 

My local AT&T store has the One X, I played with it. It's dope. Period. Worth every penny, and mine this Sunday.

I would NEVER by an LG phone, !#%! that. 2GB, ok LG, you still a pond in the smartphone game, %%#$!* with Queens.

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

My local AT&T store has the One X, I played with it. It's dope. Period. Worth every penny, and mine this Sunday.

I would NEVER by an LG phone, !#%! that. 2GB, ok LG, you still a pond in the smartphone game, %%#$!* with Queens.

pimp.gif
early congrats too. Can't wait to get my Evo now.

Originally Posted by Mastamind89

Originally Posted by Mastamind89

Currently have the SGS (Captivate) so anything recent is pretty much an upgrade
laugh.gif

They basically pulled an Apple. I have AT&T and I'm on the fence to get either the S3 or One X.
Once rooted and what not, battery life will be fine. I'm on a CM7 variant and it gets me throughout the day.
My Cappy has always been easy to root, Samsung has a rep for that...embracing the dev community.
So I do wonder if the One X being a unibody will make hacking slightly more difficult than usual?
I think the body on the S3 could and should have been better, especially the back and finish.
Both skins are eh to me, I'll end up using LP right away as usual.
Battery life, real world performance and what the dev community can do with the phone are the biggest factors for me.....for the most part, dudes on XDA can enhance the first two
My contract is up in Oct so I'll have time
pimp.gif

AT&T HTC One X’s Bootloader Locked Up – Other Variants Get Off Scott-Free
by Chris Chavez on May 3rd, 2012 at 11:14 pm

Looks like the AT&T version of the HTC One X differs from the international version in more ways than just the processor being used. Paul O’brien and friends over at MoDaCo have uncovered an interesting bit of news about the AT&T One X that could pose a problem for those looking to flash custom ROMs onto the device.

According to Mr. Obrien, he and a few others are being greeted by a “MID ERROR 160″ when attempting to unlock the bootloader on the AT&T One X through HTCDev. Again, this error hasn’t showed up when unlocking the Euro or Canadian version of the One X and seems to be a unique issue only to the AT&T version. There’s a wide range of reasons why a carrier would want to go through the trouble of requesting a device’s bootloader remain locked and it’s also very possible that a future update could fix this roadblock. But as it stands today, the HTC One X on AT&T is currently unlockable.

Samsung releases the source code promptly than HTC and you do have the main guy Steve Kodnik (CM7 HEAD DEVELOPER) who actually works with samsung. The one X will get it bootloader unlocked just might take some time.
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Why tho?

Forgot dude was working for Samsung...that's my boy.
htc starting locking their @*%% idk why, but its an instant phone killer on xda...unless they unlock it soon i doubt the one x gains a huge community now with the gs3 on the horizon, locked bootloader is what killed the atrix and that phone had dope specs when it released also had the dock which was a big deal but was stumped by being locked

2gb finally
pimp.gif

that camera nice

c'mon son that's overkill. More ram creates a problem for battery consumption. I can see if they had the phone boot ChromeOS in Motorola like laptop dock i can see myslef utilizing the 2GB of ram and the beastly processor. Other than that YOU'LL HAVE TO SHOOT ME 1ST TO PUT A LG PHONE IN MY HAND
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif
quadcore is overkill too tho, but we can't be on 1gb ram forever more power means the ability to create bigger apps and more ram means we can run them without a hitch
who will make the perfect quadcore 2gb 12mp 1080p super duper amoled or whatever the best screen will be phone? idk but at least we know what to look forward to by the end of 2012/ early 2013 

2gb finally
pimp.gif

that camera nice

laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Lol more ram is bad for performance ? But we sucking off quad cores and jumbo screens? At least this has some practical usage and I'm going to need a source for this more d = mode power consumption because even if that's true I doubt it would even be noticeable

Galaxy Note folks, whats the most stable version of ICS? or should i wait for the Official AT&T to release ICS for the note 
nerd.gif
...sorry i'm a noob with this android stuff btw 
embarassed.gif

Originally Posted by Air JustinXI

Wait on SIII or Get One S now for Tmobile?

Minus whale get the One S, there's no confirmation on U.S. carriers with the S3 yet (Sprint is more than likely getting it 1st).

Droid vs stock Android...

Who y'all got?

Ice always been a stock OS man... but the Droid overlay is extremely popular.

i use to love sense UI, but ever since i got that GN for Verizon i been in love with stock android
pimp.gif
finally got Swype on my GN
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Tetsujin23

All that lil hype for that lil S3 for NOTHING
laugh.gif

This.
A let down. Feels the same as how iPhone just got "Up'd" with the 4S.

The SGSIII is nothing spectacular. The design is bland & CHEAP. Hell, the SGSII has a more solid design/look.

Yawn.

I'm sticking w/ Android but now I'm anxious to see what iPhone has up it's sleeve.

EDIT: BTW since this is Sammy's flagship phone for the next 8 or so months, this is HTC's chance to make a comeback.

Originally Posted by iLike Turtles

So when is the ICS update coming around for the older phones?? I've been dying to get it on my Incredible 2
I have the SGII and still wondering when I'm getting ICS.

Back
Top Bottom