• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Question. I'm planning to use a friend's upgrade to get the HTC One X. But since the phone needs an LTE sim card and I won't have one under my account since it is technically my friend's, would that disallow me from using the phone for my personal use?

Originally Posted by Tetsujin23

How's the battery life one the one x?

ThaT Dude173 wrote:
Pretty good in depth review. I don't know why you guys keep bashing the sg3, the sg2 was/is a great phone I don't see how much more could Samsung update it.

indifferent.gif

You are a cool dude and all but I'm simply stating my opinion so you can keep your stoneface.

Originally Posted by Al Audi

to you guys who got the one X ill check back in a week......
of course youre gonna love something new the first day.
With these specs, and NOTHING in sight to trump it, ill be grinning for a loooong time.  

How's the battery life one the one x?
Insane.

Originally Posted by Swamp

Originally Posted by Air JustinXI

What is the difference between the One X for atnt and the One S for Tmobile?

the screen mostly
Yep, screen size.

That LCD2 on the X is
eek.gif
, compared it to my GS2 and put it to SHAME.
30t6p3b.gif
can't wait for the ev0 to drop.
pimp.gif

Brethren.... I just went to the ATT store and played with the HTC One X and the Galaxy Note for the first time. Omg, coming from my Galaxy S 1 (epic) I must say im thoroughly impressed by both devices. The X's screen is the most beautiful thing i've ever seen on a phone in all honesty. So crisp, so bright, simply amazing. The response time has zero lag reminded me of an iphone, none of that "android lag". The unit itself felt so sturdy and professional yet light as a feather lol. the phone is not "to big" whatsoever. I will definitely consider getting the Evo lte when it drops in a couple weeks, *im on sprint*

then I picked up the Galaxy Note.......
damn almost bust a nut holding this god phone. lol, the screen while not that much bigger than the One X, clearly stole my attention from the HTC. It weighed about the same as far as I can tell, and felt thinner in my hand. I held them up together and while the One X screen does look better, the bigger size on the Note won me over.
The only drawback of the note was the super duper cartoony look of touch wiz on that huge screen. and it runs old android so that threw me off.

Long story short, when Galaxy S3, Evo Lte, and rumored Galaxy Note comes out for Sprint soon....I have NO IDEA which one im going to get.

Originally Posted by Faint Dj3

Brethren.... I just went to the ATT store and played with the HTC One X and the Galaxy Note for the first time. Omg, coming from my Galaxy S 1 (epic) I must say im thoroughly impressed by both devices. The X's screen is the most beautiful thing i've ever seen on a phone in all honesty. So crisp, so bright, simply amazing. The response time has zero lag reminded me of an iphone, none of that "android lag". The unit itself felt so sturdy and professional yet light as a feather lol. the phone is not "to big" whatsoever. I will definitely consider getting the Evo lte when it drops in a couple weeks, *im on sprint*

damn almost bust a nut holding this god phone. lol, the screen while not that much bigger than the One X, clearly stole my attention from the HTC. It weighed about the same as far as I can tell, and felt thinner in my hand. I held them up together and while the One X screen does look better, the bigger size on the Note won me over.
The only drawback of the note was the super duper cartoony look of touch wiz on that huge screen. and it runs old android so that threw me off.

Long story short, when Galaxy S3, Evo Lte, and rumored Galaxy Note comes out for Sprint soon....I have NO IDEA which one im going to get.

all of those will be on ice cream sandwich (the build won't be as high as the nexus) so get which one has the best battery, the best speed and the least bloatware.

What?
eek.gif
If so then, autocopped.  The Note is OD but has an aura of swag around it.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I still got time to think about it tho.
nerd.gif

11hr in and I haven't even dipped below 50% battery life yet. I've been texting, made a few calls, wifi on the entire day, 4G LTE on, playing Words With Friends and Temple run, messing with Chrome Browser a lil and just general tinkering with the phone.

Battery is on COKE.

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

11hr in and I haven't even dipped below 50% battery life yet. I've been texting, made a few calls, wifi on the entire day, 4G LTE on, playing Words With Friends and Temple run, messing with Chrome Browser a lil and just general tinkering with the phone.

Battery is on COKE.
This is great to hear. 
pimp.gif

I have the Note and absolutely love it...but man, I wanna get my hands on a One X. 

Can't justify the $550 non-commitment price at this moment however.

If only someone wanted to trade a One X for a Note....
embarassed.gif

nerd.gif

What?
eek.gif
If so then, autocopped.  The Note is OD but has an aura of swag around it.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I still got time to think about it tho.
nerd.gif

is this true?!?! i want the note so bad. i thought i was gonna have to settle for the new evo since i heard the note wouldnt drop on sprint.

I really need the note to get official ics update, but I believe the one X is faster than the note.

Originally Posted by durty pancakes

Debating between the One S or wait for SIII 
nerd.gif

S3, the One S is mad small compared to it. If you're tryna compare the One X to teh S3, then that'll be something debatable.
nerd.gif

Audi, i might have to compare the two today
laugh.gif

Fellas, at this point how fast these newer phones are in relation to each other isn't all that important. They are all impercetibly fast processor-wise. What really needs to be improved is battery technology. That is the biggest limitation on these increasingly power hungry, processing intensive, HD screen devices. And no, the answer isn't cramming bigger batteries into them, because the phones are becoming increasingly slimmer.

Side note: If you do decide to get a Galaxy Note, please be prepared to hear things like this: "Hey is that a cellphone", "Is that that Tablet/Phone thing they are advertising", "wow can I see that", "That's waaay too big, but I kinda like it", That's a beautiful screen". 

Once more OEM's start moving to 28 nm or even 32 nm silicon, I expect to see better battery life across the board. This is evidenced by S4' s amazing battery life, which is mostly attributed to the new manufacturing process and the better LTE baseband.

Can anyone tell me how to I'm supposed to flash a stock kernel over a custom ROM on Mac? I've used Odin before, but people are telling me to try Heimdall now.

Also with flashing the stock kernel, am I supposed to re-flash a modded kernel every time I'm wanting to move to a new ROM?

Originally Posted by ElderWatsonDiggs

Fellas, at this point how fast these newer phones are in relation to each other isn't all that important. They are all impercetibly fast processor-wise. What really needs to be improved is battery technology. That is the biggest limitation on these increasingly power hungry, processing intensive, HD screen devices. And no, the answer isn't cramming bigger batteries into them, because the phones are becoming increasingly slimmer.

Side note: If you do decide to get a Galaxy Note, please be prepared to hear things like this: "Hey is that a cellphone", "Is that that Tablet/Phone thing they are advertising", "wow can I see that", "That's waaay too big, but I kinda like it", That's a beautiful screen". 

I get why but I don't really understand why people are concerned with what others think about their phones.   Does the Note look ridiculous when held up to the ear?  Absolutely lol, but who gives a damn what some stranger in the grocery store thinks about your phone?  Does it do the things you need it to and does it enhance your productivity/media consumption/overall experience?  If that's the case, cop the Note.  I'm fairly certain that minimum 25% of iPhone owners own one because they are worried about what their friends will think and use it as a status icon 
eyes.gif
 (hence all the cases that expose the Apple logo).

Originally Posted by RyanNYC

Any body ever purchased a phone from amazon wireless? heard nothing but good things

Amazon gets its commission from signing up new customers/lines for the carriers; the hardware sold isn't that much of a concern for them.  Read the TOS & it spells it out - after 181 days they could care less what you do with the phone because (I'm assuming) at day 180 they get paid from the carrier for their middleman services.  Cancel your service before then & you're getting hit with an ETF from the carrier and Amazon (unless you return your device to Amazon).  This is also why there's such a huge discrepancy between Full Price & Upgrade pricing vs. new line/new activation.  Carriers don't give $.02 about you after you've signed your contract...until you're in the 22nd month of it that is.

I got my GSII for $.01 during their Black Friday promotion.  I was already planning on paying the $200 ETF to leave T-Mobile due to recurring issues with my family plan; getting the phone for free sealed the deal for me.  Now that I have god awful reception from Sprint I'm gonna sell my II & use the funds to pay towards my Sprint ETF but I just have to wait until the 182nd day of my contract coming up soon.

Amazon's approach is the same as the Kindle Fire - it's a loss leader.  Basically you take a loss on the main unit hedging your bets that you'll profit more long-term on the accessories/services in the end.  So that's why you can get a Nexus from AmazonWireless for $50 when Verizon is selling at $200 - it's all about the commission they receive from Big Red for locking you into a $90 per month plan for 24 months.  Win/Win for all three parties.

Back
Top Bottom