• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
True, which is why I liked the point that Google is waiting on a "next gen" until everyone adapts to Jelly Bean. This way, next year, they can release the NEW Nexus with whatever the next OS is first.
Theres still a bunch of phones that don't even have ICS let alone Jelly Bean that are perfectly capable of running it.
Either way, no way I'll be able to afford the Nexus coming out in 2013 without a contract so I'll be waiting until next year anyway. And if the rumor is true, me and you will prob be okay chilling with our current Nexus' for another year. Well, atleast I'll be.

They are releasing or announcing a new Nexus by the end of this year, they have to (or I'll lose a bet with my friend that he claims they will release it 2013 and I'll have to pay for his nexus, but if I win he pays for mines :tongue: )

The Nexus phone is a reference device as we both know. Google set the standards when it comes to software pushing the boundaries of the software. Spec wise it might not be the best, but if your worrying about having quad-core and 4gb and a "Diamond in the back, sunroof top. Diggin' the scene with a gangsta lean" features. Your not gonna get that from a Nexus. The importance it all solely based on software. That's why I like my Nexus so much, I care about software advancements and if other companies were competing in that area alone will see some amazing stuff. The hardware industry is steadily reaching its peak how far can you go with quad-core? Back in the 90's and early 2000's you had Intel and AMD in Ghz war "Who can make the fastest chip and keep it cool and stable". That has fizzled out now its about who can make the smallest cpu chip down to like 22nm and were there. Google will put out amazing software and whatever hardware they put in it i'll be happy with that. Lets hope for 2012 early winter announcement. (I don't buy phones on contract :tongue: )

Last edited:
^^ appreciate the replies.
So the Galaxy Nexus is better than an S3 , is that what I'm reading it?

Depends on the user and the experience you want. The S3 is better, but if care about having a "Pure Google Experience" you'll get a Galaxy Nexus. If you want "Touchwiz with a Samsung experience" you'll get a S3. (but you can root & rom for pure goole experience for the S3)

They are releasing or announcing a new Nexus by the end of this year, they have to (or I'll lose a bet with my friend that he claims they will release it 2013 and I'll have to pay for his nexus, but if I win he pays for mines :tongue: )
The Nexus phone is a reference device as we both know. Google set the standards when it comes to software pushing the limitations of the software. Spec wise it might not be the best, but if your worrying about having quad-core and 4gb and a "Diamond in the back, sunroof top. Diggin' the scene with a gangsta lean" features. Your not gonna get that from a Nexus. The importance it all solely based on software. That's why I like my Nexus so much, I care about software advancements and if other companies were competing in that area alone will see some amazing stuff. They hardware industry is steadily reaching its peak how far can you go with quad-core. Back in the 90's and early 2000's you had Intel and AMD in Ghz war "Who can make the fastest chip and keep cool and stable". That has fizzled out now its about who can make the smallest cpu chip down like 22nm and were there. Google will put amazing software and whatever hardware they put it in i'll be happy with that. Lets hope for 2012 early winter announcement. (I don't buy phones on contract :tongue: )

I'm the same way Alch. I'd rather have the superior software than a bunch of "specs" i won't utilize. Any dual core phone with a gig of ram should be more than enough for MOST users.

Great analogy with the ghz processors. I was selling computers while this war was going on. I didn't make commission so I'd always steer customers to the "lower tier" hardware so that they could get all the bells and whistles on the backend.

Is the Nexus better than the Siii? Spec wise, no. But software/support wise yes. The Nexus is googles baby, so whatever they're doing on the software side, the Nexus will reap the benefits first and probably be the most stable phone using it.

What exactly is a full google experience?

Android the way Google wants the user to experience it.

No bloatware: i.e stupid Sprint Nascar apps, games that you can't uninstall etc.

Stability: No stupid interfaces that hog up RAM i.e touch wiz, HTC sense.

For an analogy of my own. Picture a plain white Nike running shoe. It was designed to be a pure running shoe and its one of the best running shoes around. Then Reebok buys the rights to sell the same shoe, but puts straps on it, air bubbles and different colors etc. To the naked eye, the Reebok shoe looks more appealing, but lost some of its "running" experience by adding more bells and whistles. It'll still be a GOOD running shoe, but not as great as the plain running shoe.

I read that the new NEXUS will be announced sometime in DEC/JAN like last year. However, it will NOT be a big upgrade from the current Nexus.
Google is trying to get manufacturers to get up to speed with their operating systems so its going to be a minimal upgrade to allow time for more companies to grasp Jelly Bean.
Spec wise, it'll be a slighty faster CPU than the current Nexus, still dual core, 8 mp camera and a micro SD slot. Thats about it. Its actually lower spec wise than the SIII.
All rumors now, but it seems logical. I'm assuming the next big NEXUS release won't be until next winter when most devices are using Jelly Bean. I mean look how long it took for companies to adapt to ICS.
Thats why I still feel comfortable buying the current Nexus. It'll still be a relevant phone for the the next year or so. I just don't have a ton of free money to work with to pay $380 after shipping to buy it outright. Like I said before hopefully I can get atleast 200 for my phones on ebay. $180 is a lot easier to stomach than $380.

I hear you on the outright price, i just dropped $390 on a Nexus yesterday after tax and shipping. While it is a lot i'll probably get 300 bucks for my 32gb iphone 4. Basically will only be paying $100 for the Nexus and on top of that i'll be saving almost $40 a month by leaving AT&T and going prepaid. Don't want to be locked into another 2 year contract with anyone and the monthly plans are ridiculously expensive. Looking forward to jumping to Android, so tired of the OS on iphone.

yeah but nexus devices are usually the ones that are pushing new things on android. i think its too early to tell
New software, not hardware.

Nexus devices are horrible if you're looking for cutting age, genre defined, flagship features. Google has the software game on lock (obviously) but when it comes to hardware, all of there phones suck. I rather copp a hardware driven phone and live with the manufacturer OS skin - root, than throw whatever latest Google OS is out. Now my phone is better than [insert Nexus device here].

I've never rooted a phone before and I feel like I'm missing out. I don't know if I have the balls to do it since I might mess my sh*t up and no one I know could help me out if I do 
eyes.gif

Appreciate the indepth stuff stevielips
I think im try and find an S3 on eBay to buy so I don't have to extend another 2 year contract, just don't wanna spend $500 + though. Even though I know i can get at least $235 for my iphone from ebay.

I've never rooted a phone before and I feel like I'm missing out. I don't know if I have the balls to do it since I might mess my sh*t up and no one I know could help me out if I do :rolleyes

Don't worry about it.

I was a little nervous at first when I was rooting my phone. The steps, using command prompt, etc .. looked really crazy. But just follow the steps, mostly just copy and paste (for me).

You'll be fine. Use youtube if you have to.

Some phones have a one click root as well.

JB on my NS4G is awesome, seems to run much faster than ICS. I wanted a new phone but I think imma chill for a while.

I have a huge scratch on my GNex screen that goes from end to end. Is there anyway I can remove it without having to buy a screen replacement? Toothpaste doesn't work.

the next nexus should be 4 things: visually appealing like the s3 or iphone 5, stupid long battery like the droid maxx, with the pure google "experience" that is fast like jelly bean, and finally a premium build quality like the iphone 5 or maxx.

all this sold for 200 cash at 16gb.

i lowkey want the iphone 5 to use as a ipod :tongue:

the next nexus should be 4 things: visually appealing like the s3 or iphone 5, stupid long battery like the droid maxx, with the pure google "experience" that is fast like jelly bean, and finally a premium build quality like the iphone 5 or maxx.

i agree. the music management on the iphone is top notch it doesnt compare to android

how long did it take u guys to upload ur music to google play? been uploading for like 6 hours and only 300 outta 2000 have been uploaded

[COLOR=#red]then get a new iPod Touch. It's thinner, lighter, no contract or early termination fee and it has %90 functionality of the iPhone. Also with the touch you can use it to the fullest without worrying about having to save battery life for talk time. [/COLOR]

Last edited:
This next couple weeks is gonna be awesome. I'm gonna upgrade to the iPhone 5, put my GNex back onto my account, sell the iPhone on eBay and then cop the Galaxy Note II when it comes out
happy.gif

Back
Top Bottom