Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Way I see it...
Apple should sue Apple for ripping the iphone 5 off the iphone 4s.
Such small incremental change.

[COLOR=#red]Hey to be honest I think all the phone manufacturers are getting a little lazy with the updates lately. They have a yearly cycle and they know we are going to buy/upgrade, so they just spoon feed the upgrades...watch us ***** and complain for a week or so, then watch as we the consumers buy the new damn phones anyway. From a business perspective why would they make huge changes in specs if we are going to buy whatever they give us anyway. That's not just Apple, that's pretty much the all of the major manufacturers. We are ALL sheep...baaaaaaaaa (that's supposed to be the sheep sound BTW :smile: [/COLOR]

i was thinking of this the other day. i remember when the nexus one came out it was so amazing and diff and the evo 4g was a game changer now there are no game changers

All the manufacturer's have converged on a single ideal phone design. No physical keyboard. Just a big screen and make the phone as thin as possible. All the other things (that may have been unique 5 years ago) come standard: front and rear cameras, fast CPU, accelerometer, etc.

So what's left? It's only a matter of time before everything can be controlled by the phone. Credit card payments (done), synchronization with TV (done), replace house and car key (probably soon), etc. More integration with your car will come soon too I think. But these are more or less software issues now.

The big thing for me is that phones need to become more robust and easier to hold. While a glass screen is great on a TV or tablet, the fact is that too many people (me included) drop or mishandle their phone. I know a whole industry of cases and screen protectors has arisen, but I would like it if someone could figure out how to make an unbreakable large touchscreen phone without making it incredibly thick.

Last thing, to Carver: yes, the Nokia build quality and user experience was legendary. In a way, Apple has taken that crown (from what I hear. I don't have an iphone).

rooted my phone but when i try to load a custom rom it doesnt get past boot animation

i guess ill just stay stock

rooted my phone but when i try to load a custom rom it doesnt get past boot animation

I'm not familiar with the gnex but most rooting is usually very similar.. watch some vids or read them threads at XDA they help.

Rooting and loading a custom ROM is usually pretty straight forward.. perhaps it's just a long boot animation because it's the first time loading the new ROM? Usually after the first it's really quick.. but don't take my word on this 
laugh.gif

Last edited:

I'm not familiar with the gnex but most rooting is usually very similar.. watch some vids or read them threads at XDA they help.

Rooting and loading a custom ROM is usually pretty straight forward.. perhaps it's just a long boot animation because it's the first time loading the new ROM? Usually after the first it's really quick.. but don't take my word on this :lol:

No ive been with android phones for a while i know how it works. Im okay with stock too tho

^ you either have the wrong firmware... if you are going from ICS to Jelly Bean u prob have to upgrade or you did a full wipe or something that was not supported

Got this error "can't open zip (bad). installation aborted" when I was trying to flash a rom. Anybody got any insight on what I'm doing wrong? Don't know if it's because I got a macbook or what but installing custom roms are confusing. :x

they usually get announced in december/ january i think
finally fixed my galaxy nexus now i just need to root it and install a rom thinking of going with blackbean anyone here tried that?
what roms are u gnex owners using?

Anyone know if a new Nexus is being announced soon? Think it'll be worth the wait instead of copping the current one? New one will probably be more expensive as well so that's one thing holding me back from waiting and just copping the current one. So ready to leave ATT and sell my iphone 4 which is another reason why i don't want to wait. But if one is around the corner it may be worth it considering the current nexus is almost a year old.

I read that the new NEXUS will be announced sometime in DEC/JAN like last year. However, it will NOT be a big upgrade from the current Nexus.

Google is trying to get manufacturers to get up to speed with their operating systems so its going to be a minimal upgrade to allow time for more companies to grasp Jelly Bean.

Spec wise, it'll be a slighty faster CPU than the current Nexus, still dual core, 8 mp camera and a micro SD slot. Thats about it. Its actually lower spec wise than the SIII.

All rumors now, but it seems logical. I'm assuming the next big NEXUS release won't be until next winter when most devices are using Jelly Bean. I mean look how long it took for companies to adapt to ICS.

Thats why I still feel comfortable buying the current Nexus. It'll still be a relevant phone for the the next year or so. I just don't have a ton of free money to work with to pay $380 after shipping to buy it outright. Like I said before hopefully I can get atleast 200 for my phones on ebay. $180 is a lot easier to stomach than $380.

What phone do you have?

No phones are the same when it comes to flashing ROMs.

galaxy nexus for sprint on 4.1.1

they usually get announced in december/ january i think
finally fixed my galaxy nexus now i just need to root it and install a rom thinking of going with blackbean anyone here tried that?
what roms are u gnex owners using?

Anyone know if a new Nexus is being announced soon? Think it'll be worth the wait instead of copping the current one? New one will probably be more expensive as well so that's one thing holding me back from waiting and just copping the current one. So ready to leave ATT and sell my iphone 4 which is another reason why i don't want to wait. But if one is around the corner it may be worth it considering the current nexus is almost a year old.

I read that the new NEXUS will be announced sometime in DEC/JAN like last year. However, it will NOT be a big upgrade from the current Nexus.

Google is trying to get manufacturers to get up to speed with their operating systems so its going to be a minimal upgrade to allow time for more companies to grasp Jelly Bean.

Spec wise, it'll be a slighty faster CPU than the current Nexus, still dual core, 8 mp camera and a micro SD slot. Thats about it. Its actually lower spec wise than the SIII.

All rumors now, but it seems logical. I'm assuming the next big NEXUS release won't be until next winter when most devices are using Jelly Bean. I mean look how long it took for companies to adapt to ICS.

Thats why I still feel comfortable buying the current Nexus. It'll still be a relevant phone for the the next year or so. I just don't have a ton of free money to work with to pay $380 after shipping to buy it outright. Like I said before hopefully I can get atleast 200 for my phones on ebay. $180 is a lot easier to stomach than $380.

i doubt that is true.

yeah but nexus devices are usually the ones that are pushing new things on android. i think its too early to tell

True, which is why I liked the point that Google is waiting on a "next gen" until everyone adapts to Jelly Bean. This way, next year, they can release the NEW Nexus with whatever the next OS is first.

Theres still a bunch of phones that don't even have ICS let alone Jelly Bean that are perfectly capable of running it.

Either way, no way I'll be able to afford the Nexus coming out in 2013 without a contract so I'll be waiting until next year anyway. And if the rumor is true, me and you will prob be okay chilling with our current Nexus' for another year. Well, atleast I'll be.

When does the new Galaxy S drop or next huge Android phone?
Or is the S3 still worth a 2year contract at this point?
Really tired of dealing and hearing from Apple stans who refuse to admit that the iphone5 is a joke. I currently have the iphone 4 and an ipad and really am considering switching everything over to Android just to get away from the Followers of Apple.

When does the new Galaxy S drop or next huge Android phone?
Or is the S3 still worth a 2year contract at this point?
Really tired of dealing and hearing from Apple stans who refuse to admit that the iphone5 is a joke. I currently have the iphone 4 and an ipad and really am considering switching everything over to Android just to get away from the Followers of Apple.

Just wait for the next generation Nexus coming out.

My OPINION though is no phone is worth a 2 year contract. Thats why I'm going NEXUS GSM Prepaid. The S4, (i'm assuming of course) won't be out until summer 2013. Again I'm only guessing, it'll prob be similar to the European Quad core siii and prob running KeyLimePie.

yeah but nexus devices are usually the ones that are pushing new things on android. i think its too early to tell

True, which is why I liked the point that Google is waiting on a "next gen" until everyone adapts to Jelly Bean. This way, next year, they can release the NEW Nexus with whatever the next OS is first.

Theres still a bunch of phones that don't even have ICS let alone Jelly Bean that are perfectly capable of running it.

Either way, no way I'll be able to afford the Nexus coming out in 2013 without a contract so I'll be waiting until next year anyway. And if the rumor is true, me and you will prob be okay chilling with our current Nexus' for another year. Well, atleast I'll be.

i really hope that isnt true since the galaxy and evo line get a pretty substantial update every year i hope the nexus line follows suit

Back
Top Bottom