• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Huawei is a Chinese company so they probably don't give any dambs. They'll keep making phones bigger in the future.

My friend was using a flip cover case for his Note II. Still crazy that the phone made everyone else's Nexus phones look small.

Can you post that Body Glove from the side? Looks thin. I have a few extra cases for the Note 2 too. I get cheap China ones with free shipping off eBay, all the same. Out of all of them, I am using this one that's basically a rubber/silicone like all the other, with a harder plastic like skeleton that snaps around that and also has a stand on it, then it comes with a holster. It was like 5 bucks shipped. It's pretty rugged, adds a bit of thickness but since it's going in the holster it's a non issue. I got an aluminum looking one that is real thin, and this one I got from Amazon is good too, plus I got some flip covers for the low (OEM, or might be variant but who cares, looks the same) en route

Someone wanted pics of the black GS3.

If they make it right, I think a 6 incher would be nice.  Phones arent really phones anymore.  Voice communication have taken a backseat.  They are more communication/productivity devices.  I know atleast for myself, I barely talk on my phone at all, but im always using it for text, instagram, twitter, photos, video, editing, web, games, e-mail, etc.  Its just the evolution of technology.  PC/laptop sales are slowing, as smartphone sales are picking up, because they are an always accesible computing device, not just a phone as they used to be.  People always uses the "too large to hold up to my head" line with the Note series, but most people rarely even do that anymore for more than a rare 45 second call nowadays.  I remember when the HTC HD was the first to come out and push the size limit with its 3.8" screen, and then the HD2 came out at 4.3" and people thought it was HUGE.  People thought HTC was insane, and that it wouldnt be pocketable or useable.  Now 4.3" is the minimum/standard for even the lowest of good smartphones (outside of the iPhone).  Its just evolution.  Obviously it wont be everyone's cup of tea, but looking at it in that guy's hand, it doesnt really seem that bad.  

And the Note III is rumored to be 6.3"....
nerd.gif

If they make it right, I think a 6 incher would be nice.  Phones arent really phones anymore.  Voice communication have taken a backseat.  They are more communication/productivity devices.  I know atleast for myself, I barely talk on my phone at all, but im always using it for text, instagram, twitter, photos, video, editing, web, games, e-mail, etc.  Its just the evolution of technology.  PC/laptop sales are slowing, as smartphone sales are picking up, because they are an always accesible computing device, not just a phone as they used to be.  People always uses the "too large to hold up to my head" line with the Note series, but most people rarely even do that anymore for more than a rare 45 second call nowadays.  I remember when the HTC HD was the first to come out and push the size limit with its 3.8" screen, and then the HD2 came out at 4.3" and people thought it was HUGE.  People thought HTC was insane, and that it wouldnt be pocketable or useable.  Now 4.3" is the minimum/standard for even the lowest of good smartphones (outside of the iPhone).  Its just evolution.  Obviously it wont be everyone's cup of tea, but looking at it in that guy's hand, it doesnt really seem that bad.  

And the Note III is rumored to be 6.3"....:nerd:

I don't talk much on the phone either and i don't really care if it looks big when it's up to my ear. My problem with a phone that would be 6+ inches is carrying it around. A 6 inch phone wouldn't fit in my pocket. If you want a phone that big may as well cop a nexus 7 and walk around with it all day. It gets to a certain point where it's no longer a phone and into tablet territory. For me that's anything bigger than the Note 2. Of course everyone's needs and preferences are different, i'm just stating mine.

Last edited:
Ok The Carrier Specific App NFL Mobile for Verizon can be installed on any phone with this work around I found.

I'm on T-mobile and its works

Go into Airplane mode then use Wifi

That way Google Marketplace cant see your carrier because you are getting no service

Then just go the marketplace and download't it.

Now Enjoy the Superbowl on your phone :smokin

Last edited:
Ok The Carrier Specific App NFL Mobile for Verizon can be installed on any phone with this work around I found.

I'm on T-mobile and its works

Go into Airplane mode then use Wifi

That way Google Marketplace cant see your carrier because you are getting no service

Then just go the marketplace and download't it.

Now Enjoy the Superbowl on your phone
smokin.gif
Didn't work for me.

nerd.gif
I don't talk much on the phone either and i don't really care if it looks big when it's up to my ear. My problem with a phone that would be 6+ inches is carrying it around. A 6 inch phone wouldn't fit in my pocket. If you want a phone that big may as well cop a nexus 7 and walk around with it all day. It gets to a certain point where it's no longer a phone and into tablet territory. For me that's anything bigger than the Note 2. Of course everyone's needs and preferences are different, i'm just stating mine.
Qft

Can you post that Body Glove from the side? Looks thin. I have a few extra cases for the Note 2 too. I get cheap China ones with free shipping off eBay, all the same. Out of all of them, I am using this one that's basically a rubber/silicone like all the other, with a harder plastic like skeleton that snaps around that and also has a stand on it, then it comes with a holster. It was like 5 bucks shipped. It's pretty rugged, adds a bit of thickness but since it's going in the holster it's a non issue. I got an aluminum looking one that is real thin, and this one I got from Amazon is good too, plus I got some flip covers for the low (OEM, or might be variant but who cares, looks the same) en route

Yeah it is pretty slim, which is perfect. A lot of this cases for the note 2 are way too bulky.

I get your point.  But a 6 inch phone doesnt necessarily have to be larger than the Note II.  People thought the Note II was gonna be too large when the news of the 5.5" leaked, saying that it wouldnt be pocketable, but it is barely longer than the OG note, and is actually skinnier and MORE pocketable. Another thing to realize, is that bezels are getting smaller(companies working on edge-to-edge), and there is always an option of on-screen buttons, as used in the Huawei phone above.  There is plenty room to upsize without enlarging the phone too much. I'm quite sure they could fit a 6+ screen without increasing but a few mm past the Note II size, if there is any increase at all.
A Nex7 is not a good comparison because of its overly large bezel, which is so it can be held as a tablet(and the Nex7 actually fits in a normal pocket contrary to popular belief. not that I would do it
laugh.gif
).  It also has a 16:10 screen ratio, like the Note 1.  The Note 2 has 16:9, which they used to fit the larger screen in the same real estate.  A 6 inch or even 7 inch phone would be nowhere near the size of a 7 inch tablet.  .

samsung-galaxy-note-2-vs-google-nexus-7-video.jpg
 This is the 5.5 inch note 2 next to a nexus 7, which technically has only a 1.5 inch larger screen, but Dwarfs the Note.  There is plenty of room to wiggle without going into tablet range.

I used to bash the Note before I actually tried it, but after being a witness of greatness, I'm just gonna hold judgement until I see what these companies have up their sleeves.  Who knows, 6.3 might be that mythical "sweet spot".

As I said tho, everything might not be everyone's cup of tea.  Just posting for the sake of debate lol

[h2]LG releasing new Google TV products in the first half of 2013[/h2]

By Andrew Martonik   | Dec 24 2012 | 4:27 am  | 3 COMMENTS

lg-googletv.jpg

LG has just announced that it will be releasing a new line of TV's powered by Google TV 3.0 software in the first half of 2013. The new units, which you can see are quite slim and interestingly designed, will come in several different sizes from 42 to 60 inches. Running Google TV  integrated in the panel itself, LG claims it will have voice recognition "beyond simple voice input." With two new features called Quick Guide and Prime Time, the TV's will also let users watch and search for content at the same time.

The new sets will have OnLive cloud gaming built-in, to be used with a controller that connects directly to the set. They will also have a new remote that has a microphone, gesture input controls and a QWERTY keyboard as well. LG  is planning to show off the new line starting at CES in 2013, aiming to launch in the U.S. in the first half of the year.

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
 I'm not gonna lie, this is the first time ive ever even considered Google TV, but those look SICK!!

haha yeah it's the keyboard dock. The tablet is on the other side of the TV
Yea that was one of the best devices ive ever owned 
smokin.gif
.  Sold it a few weeks ago though. I didnt have the dock, so since I got my Note it was basically collecting dust. Most of the things i could do on it i just pulled my Note out and got it done.  I still miss it sometimes 
frown.gif
frown.gif

Yea that was one of the best devices ive ever owned :smokin .  Sold it a few weeks ago though. I didnt have the dock, so since I got my Note it was basically collecting dust. Most of the things i could do on it i just pulled my Note out and got it done.  I still miss it sometimes :frown: :frown:

Yeah i don't really use it at all other than streaming movies to my tv. Used to put my books on it but now just use my laptop for that

nerd.gif
Sorry couldn't help myself man
laugh.gif

But on a more serious note; has anyone coped the Sprint LG Optimus G yet? I'd like to get some first hand experience regarding the battery life, camera quality, and responsiveness.

Sorry couldn't help myself man:lol:

But on a more serious note; has anyone coped the Sprint LG Optimus G yet? I'd like to get some first hand experience regarding the battery life, camera quality, and responsiveness.

Go over to the Sprint store and play with da Optimus. Its zippy as hell. Camera could be better but idk bout battery life.

Back
Top Bottom