• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
i bought a new phone last night from att's site.

i copped the galaxy s4 zoom, does anyone have any experience with this phone? 

i needed a good camera on my phone and also a more modern faster phone, and if you want anything of that sort for ST you have to pay full price for the phone,

which is usually 4 or 5 bills for a decent one.

im on straighttalk atm, 45 bucks for unlimited everything is a hell of a deal.

but anywho, my monthly payment will be 120 or so 
sick.gif
i got the 4gb data plan and will add more if needed plus the insurance.

we are also going to get the galaxy tab 3 7.0 for free because of some deal they have going on with the purchase of select phones.

basically i would like to know any of the issues you have with the phone.

That's strange, I haven't experienced any lag on my N5
x2

@RUSTLENOMICS  You may be the first person I've heard to have the phone. If you're looking for just pure camera + phone did you consider the lumia? Or do you not get jiggy with Windows Phones? I don't blame you if you don't 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Here's the damage.. nothing wild but the thing was in perfect condition naked before this cat went ham on the air vent.. couldn't eem get mad lil buddy was laughing the whole time :smh: :lol:

early iphone fan. you should've recorded it and sent the video to apple.

That's strange, I haven't experienced any lag on my N5
x2

@RUSTLENOMICS  You may be the first person I've heard to have the phone. If you're looking for just pure camera + phone did you consider the lumia? Or do you not get jiggy with Windows Phones? I don't blame you if you don't 
laugh.gif
@Carver  i have never heard good things about em (windows phones) last time i checked one out it was a pain to navigate through.

thats what killed it for me with that lumia, that could be my next option if i dont like this one.

damn shame always loved nokias.

After playing with the G2 for a few hours, I like it. I like A LOT. But I know I would LOVE the Note 3. I just want a bigger phone. I'd even trade back for a Note 2 if someone gave me cash on top.

But I may rock with this for a minute.

Basically my n5 does these things periodically

Google search bar let's me type something what when I press enter it won't go into the search, voice command won't work either. If I turn the phone off and back on its fine

Every now and then I'll get a stutter or a little lag doing basic things

Idk if this is chrome or the hone but sometimes web pages will not load. Doesn't matter if I'm on WiFi or have 5 bars of LTE. They just won't load up

Basically my n5 does these things periodically

Google search bar let's me type something what when I press enter it won't go into the search, voice command won't work either. If I turn the phone off and back on its fine

Every now and then I'll get a stutter or a little lag doing basic things

Idk if this is chrome or the hone but sometimes web pages will not load. Doesn't matter if I'm on WiFi or have 5 bars of LTE. They just won't load up
Are you rooted/rom'd?

If not, I'd factory reset the phone to see if it helps. That doesn't sound normal.

100% stock carver. Yea I was gonna do it but hate redoing all my settings and everything.

Oh well I guess I have to at least try it

Anyway to disable hangouts on my n5? I don't have G+ and I won't be signing up, but I can't send pics because it wants me to sign up for photo+ or whatever the hell. Is there no stock SMS app on KitKat? Thanks.

KitKat is out for the N4 BTW

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyway to disable hangouts on my n5? I don't have G+ and I won't be signing up, but I can't send pics because it wants me to sign up for photo+ or whatever the hell. Is there no stock SMS app on KitKat? Thanks.

Settings>More>Default SMS App

There is no other stock sms app on Kit Kat

I could send pics without Photo+. I'm back to Textra now tho

Last edited:

Not OTA. I don't know how to do all that flashing and stuff. :wow: :lol:

Not OTA. I don't know how to do all that flashing and stuff. :wow: :lol:

Even if you did know how to flash (which you should take an hour out of your day to learn), there's no kernel source out yet and roms are still buggy so I would wait another few weeks before diving in.

Just got a Spigen ultra hybrid case for my N5. Fits well and doesn't add too much bulk to the phone. Came with a screen protector.... Don't think I'll be using that

Nice

Mine today 15 hours unplugged 2 1/2 on screen :x

Google services bug didn't notice til it was too late. Said it kept my phone awake 4 1/2 hours :smh:

Back
Top Bottom