• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Good looks. I may try to see what i can get from Verizon before I decide to switch. Either provide me with a note 3 off contract or I'm outta here.

Good looks. I may try to see what i can get from Verizon before I decide to switch. Either provide me with a note 3 off contract or I'm outta here.

Good luck with your new carrier.

Ain't no way in hell they giving you anything without a contract unless you sign up for that Verizon Edge.

Verizon has the best coverage by far for actually making a phone call and they put more into their network than anybody else.

However the average adult age 18-25 ain't making phone calls like that and ain't frequently traveling outside of a major metropolitan area.

If don't travel often or need to make phone calls like that DON'T sign up with Verizon or AT&T or even do a non prepaid plan. Also I wouldn't use a Sprint phone as my only phone if it was free.

However if you NEED to make calls and you travel you got to pay to play. And when I say travel I mean drive on the highway more than 25 miles outside of a metropolitan area at least once a month.

If you live outside of a metro area you ain't got no options Verizon, AT&T or ****** service.

Last edited:
They don't want a fast phone. They want a quad-core phone. They don't want a good-looking display, they want a 1080p display. They don't want a battery that lasts X hours, they want a X mAh battery

They don't want a fast phone. They want a quad-core phone. They don't want a good-looking display, they want a 1080p display. They don't want a battery that lasts X hours, they want a X mAh battery
That stood out to me most when i skimmed that article. 

Looks like samsung trying to undercut everyone else announcements again.
 [h1]Samsung to unveil Galaxy S5 on February 23[/h1]
21 January, 2014 | Comments (53)  | Post your comment

Tags: SamsungAndroidRumors

The rumors  surrounding the next generation Galaxy S smartphone are coming in thick and fast. Firstly, the device was tipped  for a March release, which was even backed up by a statement  from the company's VP, but we then had a Samsung executive saying  that their flagship smartphone will not be showcased at the Mobile World Congress.

Now, we have another report from Mobile Review's Eldar Murtazin, who says that the hotly anticipated Samsung Galaxy S5 smartphone will be announced on February 23. It has to be noted that the same guy had correctly predicted  the Galaxy S4  launch date last year.
Samsung Galaxy S5 launch - 18.00. Barcelona. 23 February. Price the same. Launch - end of April. Specs - u know them :smile: new touchwiz :wink:
— Eldar Murtazin (@eldarmurtazin) January 21, 2014
Samsung will announce its 2014 flagship Galaxy S5 smartphone at a dedicated event in Barcelona on February 23, which is a day before the Mobile World Congress kicks off. Furthermore, Mr. Murtazinclaims that the device will be available in the stores by the end of April, which alligns nicely with earlier rumors.

Meanwhile, Samsung Galaxy S5 is expected to sport a 5.2-inch display with a resolution of 2560 x 1440 pixels and the device is said to offer a choice between the Qualcomm Snapdragon 805 chipset and Samsung's next generation Exynos. The other hardware specifications of the Galaxy S5 include 3 GB of RAM, 16 megapixel  rear camera, fingerprint sensor, new TouchWiz user interface and a 3,000mAh battery.

However, these are just speculations based on the previous rumors and there is no official confirmation at the moment. We will keep you posted when Samsung starts sending invitations for its next Unpacked event.

What stood out to me most was how people have become so obsessive about their phones these days. It's a very strange phenomena, especially considering how overwhelmingly alike different phones are at the end of the day. The more similar phones have become, the more worked up we get in discussing them.

It's kind of like how two neighboring tribes will go to war over some trivial dispute despite being alike in nearly every way.

I find it fascinating that we care so much when there's obviously a ton of more important things to get worked up about. Yet I still find myself checking my battery life every couple hours, checking this thread daily, and updating my rom every couple days.

Last edited:
I think because I made the switch to Android pretty late (2011), I never fell into the whole "I NEED the best/newest every 3 months" game.

If you have the money and like trying out all the new phones, then more power to you.. but other than the battery life on my GNex, I'm still really satisfied with it and don't find myself dying to get the latest and greatest.

When I get my next phone, sometime this summer I'm sure, my biggest concerns will be battery life. Most of the top phones will all have a good screen, be plenty fast enough, and I've never been that concerned with design. Give me something with 32GB of storage space and a battery to last me through all day use... and preferably pure Android and I'll be thrilled.

What stood out to me most was how people have become so obsessive about their phones these days. It's a very strange phenomena, especially considering how overwhelmingly alike different phones are at the end of the day. The more similar phones have become, the more worked up we get in discussing them.

It's kind of like how two neighboring tribes will go to war over some trivial dispute despite being alike in nearly every way.

I find it fascinating that we care so much when there's obviously a ton of more important things to get worked up about. Yet I still find myself checking my battery life every couple hours, checking this thread daily, and updating my rom every couple days.
People became so obsessed with phones because they have become such an important part of our daily lives.  It was different when phones just used to call, text, and maybe snap a pic.  Now they connect you socially to the world,  keep you updated on current news,  allow payment transactions,  entertain you,  help you run business, etc.  They have become an extension of ourselves, which is why some feel so passionate about them.

Just ordered a galaxy nexus to be my official backup phone for when I sell devices, was going to cop an HTC one but the vzw nexus was only 65 bucks compared to 280-350 avg HTC one

gazelle ebay store, it was actually 69.99 not 65 my bad. Its VZW though, those typically have super low resale value, I mainly got it because its LTE capable, and I want to sell my 5S way in advance to make the most money, and I can't rock with this BB tour I used last time I sold a phone

Cell phones are one of the known electronic toys for grown up(which can include TVs, Cameras, Headphones, tablets, laptops, etc.) That's why we always want a new one, because those are our favorite possessions.

Nah its from the music player it'll do the media card scanning thing then when I went to go play music I noticed allot of my music was gone and it did this about three time already
On Google music?

Music is on your SD card?

Are you viewing your "on device" music on Play Music?
yeah its all on my sd card I only use the music player isn't even have this google play that you guys speak of

What music player? Stock one? What phone do you have?

Are the files still on your SD card? Try mounting it and unmounting it.

Back
Top Bottom