• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
What are some must have apps for a rooted Evo? I finally rooted and wanna customize my lockscreen and icons...how or where do I start?

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

I'm back on my should of, would of, could of unroot timetable,
laugh.gif
. Thinking about doing it now, not sure on the right 'ROM', although I'm eying MIUI very carefully right now.
You know I was on the fence with you bro way back then. I must say it's the best decision you'll make. Go ahead and release that beast so you can see what you've been missing. I've tried MIUI, Myn's, CM6&7 and VaelPak. All boils down to preference. Once you get going, you'll be hooked though
grin.gif

I'm back on my should of, would of, could of unroot timetable,
laugh.gif
. Thinking about doing it now, not sure on the right 'ROM', although I'm eying MIUI very carefully right now.
You know I was on the fence with you bro way back then. I must say it's the best decision you'll make. Go ahead and release that beast so you can see what you've been missing. I've tried MIUI, Myn's, CM6&7 and VaelPak. All boils down to preference. Once you get going, you'll be hooked though
grin.gif

Originally Posted by TerroristTim

What are some must have apps for a rooted Evo? I finally rooted and wanna customize my lockscreen and icons...how or where do I start?

You don't have root to customize the home screen, you need a launcher like ADW OR LAUNCHER PRO found in the market, also check page 1 I compiled a list of apps if ur rooted.

Boost don't you got a Mac, just use unrevoked plug it I, it will do all the Magic for u.

Originally Posted by TerroristTim

You don't have root to customize the home screen, you need a launcher like ADW OR LAUNCHER PRO found in the market, also check page 1 I compiled a list of apps if ur rooted.

Boost don't you got a Mac, just use unrevoked plug it I, it will do all the Magic for u.

After you get the Launcher Pro or ADW, where do you go customize icons? 
nerd.gif
 Android n00b here. I'm trying to help my brother out.  He's on the myTouch4G not rooted.

nerd.gif
 Android n00b here. I'm trying to help my brother out.  He's on the myTouch4G not rooted.

Originally Posted by JUS3

nerd.gif

I use deviantart

Originally Posted by JUS3

nerd.gif

I use deviantart

i'm not sure why so many people are on the fence about rooting + flashing custom ROMs on their phones. it looks like there's a lot of safeguards to prevent a hardbrick.

i'm not sure why so many people are on the fence about rooting + flashing custom ROMs on their phones. it looks like there's a lot of safeguards to prevent a hardbrick.

anyone know anything about that google music app they pulled from the xoom tablet?
works through the cloud
is it working on phones?
unrooted?
i need that

anyone know anything about that google music app they pulled from the xoom tablet?
works through the cloud
is it working on phones?
unrooted?
i need that

For you guys who make apps or are getting into it how is it? Is it difficult if you got no experience doing design? I want to make some apps or get into it

For you guys who make apps or are getting into it how is it? Is it difficult if you got no experience doing design? I want to make some apps or get into it

MrTito, Davizzy and others,

I have an Evo, which one should I choose to root,

unrevooked or unrevooked forever, http://unrevoked.com/#evo

and before I root should I save anything on my sd card? I dont want to lose photos and stuff

and before I root should I save anything on my sd card? I dont want to lose photos and stuff

Boost, I used unrevoked3 myself

You shouldnt lose anything when rooting just like a jailbreak but I backed  up my sd card to my desktop just in case

Boost, I used unrevoked3 myself

You shouldnt lose anything when rooting just like a jailbreak but I backed  up my sd card to my desktop just in case

Not, really but you should if the information is important.

Unrevoked regular is a soft Root easily can lose root if you update a sense rom that is not moded
Unrevoked forever is a hard Root (completly unlocks the nand)

Download root checker after u do unrevoked to make sure your rooted. Its in the market.

Typed from a xoom

Not, really but you should if the information is important.

Unrevoked regular is a soft Root easily can lose root if you update a sense rom that is not moded
Unrevoked forever is a hard Root (completly unlocks the nand)

Download root checker after u do unrevoked to make sure your rooted. Its in the market.

Typed from a xoom

Originally Posted by NCTwin

Originally Posted by Tetsujin23

Does anyone use the XDA forums app?? It's pretty nice. Very well put together.

its is nice, i stay on that app
pimp.gif

I'm stickin wit CM7 for a while, my battery lasts longer. (No themeing tho
tired.gif
)

Yea I finally joined the forums. I might just go ahead and donate because of all the cool stuff that's on it. I wish I could make a wallpaper request though...

Tdubbz, how did you get the time and weather going along the side¿ I like that.
Like tetsujin23 said its minimalistic text vertical widget, with widget direction set to top down and horizontal block set to right in widget preferences to get it closer to the edge. If you wanted it to go up the left side you would set horiz block to left.

Originally Posted by Mastamind89

Originally Posted by tdubbz02

Circle Battery
Minimalistic Text
Launcher Pro
How do you get the brackets between the time, been trying to figure that out
In minimalistic text custom layout in preferences press the add(plus) button, select Misc along the bottom, select static text and add it to the layout. Tap static text to edit, when the keyboard pops up go to your numbers screen(?123) and press the alt key, you should then see the pipe | character, mine is top row 3rd from left. I'm using the gingerbread keyboard btw. You can also change style and size while your in there. You can then press and hold the static text box and drag and drop it anywhere in your layout, in between time and date or what have you.

Hope this helps guys

Originally Posted by Tetsujin23

Does anyone use the XDA forums app?? It's pretty nice. Very well put together.

its is nice, i stay on that app
pimp.gif

I'm stickin wit CM7 for a while, my battery lasts longer. (No themeing tho
tired.gif
)

Yea I finally joined the forums. I might just go ahead and donate because of all the cool stuff that's on it. I wish I could make a wallpaper request though...

Tdubbz, how did you get the time and weather going along the side¿ I like that.
Like tetsujin23 said its minimalistic text vertical widget, with widget direction set to top down and horizontal block set to right in widget preferences to get it closer to the edge. If you wanted it to go up the left side you would set horiz block to left.

Originally Posted by Mastamind89

Originally Posted by tdubbz02

Circle Battery
Minimalistic Text
Launcher Pro
How do you get the brackets between the time, been trying to figure that out
In minimalistic text custom layout in preferences press the add(plus) button, select Misc along the bottom, select static text and add it to the layout. Tap static text to edit, when the keyboard pops up go to your numbers screen(?123) and press the alt key, you should then see the pipe | character, mine is top row 3rd from left. I'm using the gingerbread keyboard btw. You can also change style and size while your in there. You can then press and hold the static text box and drag and drop it anywhere in your layout, in between time and date or what have you.

Hope this helps guys

Back
Top Bottom