Walked into Supreme for the first time today

Originally Posted by Shox23

I respect supreme's hustle but i can't get with those prices for a white tee with a red box on it
I never seen supreme outside of the internet or heard people talk about it.

the logo seems pretty basic.

Originally Posted by TomDiginson

Originally Posted by SpeakUp23

@!@% Supreme

Someone should go in there and bring mad stuff up to the counter and act like youre gunna buy all that stuff and then just walk out the store, leaving a pile of #*$# at the register
Did something similar to a Chinese restaurant. The lady at the counter was being rude so I just ordered whole lot of food and said I'll be right back and never did come back
and thats why most the time when you order chinese food you get sum yung gai sauce, thats why I dont eat chinese food

Originally Posted by th3kid

Semi derail. Why do people get pissed about the customer service at a store? I could give a flying @%@# if the service is bad, as long as I get my product, I'm straight. You don't go to a store for customer service(although the exceptional service can make that particular store a preference), you go there for the products, the person helping is simply a middle man. Why do people get so emotional about it?

Because it comes with the territory. I mean even if you were to work at a retail store, managers train employees to be on their best behavior and to help customers at all time. I have never heard of a place where you can just act the way you want to without giving a damn about helping people out. The only thing about Supreme that they have going for them is their products sell and it is independently owned. They can act however they want and they can and will still be in business from now till the future.

i dont have problems in these stores, but out of all the places that i had problems with was at footlocker on 34th. I asked for a pair of jordans and i was trying them on. Some random worker came up to me and told me if i was going to buy em, i said im trying it on first and he rudely told me to hurry up, buy it and leave. I stopped putting the shoes on and i grilled him for the longest time and threw the shoes back in the box. I just sat there grilling him until he just left the area. I guess the worker that got me the shoes was watching and he came over and told me the other dude is a jerk blah blah...

I've been to Supreme numerous times and the employees were never douches.

Do yall actually complain over employees of stores not greeting you or something? who cares just get what u want and get out

Originally Posted by henz0

I've been to Supreme numerous times and the employees were never douches.

Do yall actually complain over employees of stores not greeting you or something? who cares just get what u want and get out

Some of y'all expect to walk into these stores and get that chic-fil-a "my pleasure" service and to make a new BFF while shopping...

Originally Posted by Mr718

Tried to buy some overpriced $56 hat. Dude behind the counter was a douche. Almost reverted to that life but remembered where I was. That store will never get $1 of my money. /rant

Mr718 wrote:
So here's what happened when I went in... Looked around for a sec, saw a couple of hats, and picked one up and walked to the counter. Dude behind the counter was there having a convo with another worker. Asked for a 7 5/8 and dude dead looked at me like I just smacked his mother, "We dont have that size, only 7 3/4". Then turns around and acts like I disappeared suddenly and continued his convo. Me: Well let me try the 7 3/4. Him: We got 7 3/4 but not that color. (Turns back around to continue his convo). Felt like punching him in his temple but I threw the hat and kept it moving. Glad Kidult did what he did. Hope he does it again.
The hat you were trying to cop wasn't overpriced. It was a Lora Piana wool New Era. Their fabric isn't cheap. A simple cardigan with their wool can run you $800+

It's hilarious hearing all the excuses and reasons people have for poor customer service. It doesn't matter what the reasons are... you're an employee getting paid minimum wage, do your job and greet me a customer with service and respect.

If these Supreme employees can't do that, why bother spend your money there? Plus take a minute and find out who the manager is there. Speak to him/her like an adult and give them your story and experience dealing with their employees. If management doesn't care either, then why do you want to wear their brand?

I've never had any bad experiences at supreme...but I do this every 6 months to a year.

Go into supreme
find something...a highly priced item...not too high
ask how many of the item i'm allowed to buy at one time
try the item on
ask for 10 of the item
look at all of them
ponder for a while
then leave the store

I only do this when I have time to kill in soho...haven't done this recently though.
laugh.gif

NY supreme employees have gotten a bad reputation over the years and rightfully so...I play my part as an agent of Karma.

im reading some of these stories and how do you guys let the employees have an attitude to you like that and not do anything about it. if i were to expierence a rude attitude, a simple, "keep acting like that and i'll see you when you get off work" will completely change how they act.

aside from that, from a principle standpoint, if you got crappy service there and continue to support them then your a sucker and there's no disputing that.

regarding retail, working retail sucks, i did it before and would never do it again. i treated people the way they treated me though. i would be nice to everyone that walked in the door initally, but if you had a bad attitude then expect the same from me or if i were to greet you and you were to inconsiderate to even so much as acknowledge it then i would ignore you when you asked for help.

Originally Posted by Mr Fongstarr

Semi derail. Why do people get pissed about the customer service at a store? I could give a flying @%@# if the service is bad, as long as I get my product, I'm straight. You don't go to a store for customer service(although the exceptional service can make that particular store a preference), you go there for the products, the person helping is simply a middle man. Why do people get so emotional about it?

Because it comes with the territory. I mean even if you were to work at a retail store, managers train employees to be on their best behavior and to help customers at all time. I have never heard of a place where you can just act the way you want to without giving a damn about helping people out. The only thing about Supreme that they have going for them is their products sell and it is independently owned. They can act however they want and they can and will still be in business from now till the future.

Well ya, I know, I've only had retail jobs. I'm always good with customers, but I just don't see why people get bent out of shape about "bad" service. When I go to a store, 9 out of 10 times, I know what I'm going for or have an idea of what I want/need. I could careless about getting greeted or if they ask me if I need help. IMO, it's mad elementary female to be like "They weren't nice to me! I'm not going there anymore! They're a bunch of big meanies! 
frown.gif

I've been to a couple of "urban streetwear" shops, and most of the time I'm greeted with the standard "watsup, lookin for anything in particular? My name's _____ just let me know if you need any help" and they usually go back to the cashier/counter and mind their own biz, which I'm totally fine with. Yea they may give you the gear check or wtvr, but it doesn't really bother me. I gotta say tho, the guys working at the Hundreds shop in SF are actually pretty nice dudes.

If you really wanna get under their skin tho, unfold a bunch of T Shirts as if you want to buy one, and just leave.

Originally Posted by moneymike88

Tried to buy some overpriced $56 hat. Dude behind the counter was a douche. Almost reverted to that life but remembered where I was. That store will never get $1 of my money. /rant

Mr718 wrote:
So here's what happened when I went in... Looked around for a sec, saw a couple of hats, and picked one up and walked to the counter. Dude behind the counter was there having a convo with another worker. Asked for a 7 5/8 and dude dead looked at me like I just smacked his mother, "We dont have that size, only 7 3/4". Then turns around and acts like I disappeared suddenly and continued his convo. Me: Well let me try the 7 3/4. Him: We got 7 3/4 but not that color. (Turns back around to continue his convo). Felt like punching him in his temple but I threw the hat and kept it moving. Glad Kidult did what he did. Hope he does it again.
The hat you were trying to cop wasn't overpriced. It was a Lora Piana wool New Era. Their fabric isn't cheap. A simple cardigan with their wool can run you $800+

How did you know thats the exact hat?  Are you the one I wanna smack??? 
laugh.gif

we should just get like a lot of sweaty, fat, old guys in nasty shirts to flash mob a Supreme store, and get the employees on another level of disgust.

You really can't blame them, 95% of the dudes who walk in that store are hypebeasts who aren't going to buy anything anyway so they try to make covnersation with the employees so they can brag on a message board filled with virgins (lol) about having Supreme connect

these dudes gets annoyed by that, at the end of the day the product is going to sell, if you want better customer service go shop at barneys or JC penny

Originally Posted by Taj gibson

You really can't blame them, 95% of the dudes who walk in that store are hypebeasts who aren't going to buy anything anyway so they try to make covnersation with the employees so they can brag on a message board filled with virgins (lol) about having Supreme connect

these dudes gets annoyed by that, at the end of the day the product is going to sell, if you want better customer service go shop at barneys or JC penny

/thread

Every time I go to the Supreme shop in LA, they've always been cool with me. 
The only thing I'd say I'd "trip" about was one time when I wanted to buy multiple camp hats - the guy behind the register said sorry it was only one per person, which is cool and understandable.

That person was Jason Dill, a famous skateboarder - didn't have an ego to him.

Also I had "Wilfredo Gomez" from How to Make it in America at the register more recently 
laugh.gif

It's always a trip for me to see who's going to be there "working" 

It seems supreme is over-ridiculed for not showing customer service. Those dudes that work there don't owe you anything, they're simply doing their jobs. Some retail joints greet, some don't, at the end of the day purchase your item and leave.

Semi derail. Why do people get pissed about the customer service at a store? I could give a flying %$!% if the service is bad, as long as I get my product, I'm straight. You don't go to a store for customer service(although the exceptional service can make that particular store a preference), you go there for the products, the person helping is simply a middle man. Why do people get so emotional about it?
Where the $%%% do you work at? Pop copy?

I work in retail, I ain't selling no goddamn Supreme either and I still treat my customers with some dignity, unless of course they do anything that would cause my revocation of that.

That being said, HUF (back in the day) and Stussy SF were always attentive and proactive in their customer service when I was there.

Originally Posted by moneymike88

Mr718 wrote:
How did you know thats the exact hat?  Are you the one I wanna smack??? 
laugh.gif

...I believe that's the only fitted this season with that price tag.

First off, no one who complains about Supreme does so because they are not greeted at the door and the workers aren't out there helping.

I don't like their demeaning attitude. It's a skate shop? the kids/workers outside of Supreme Nyc can't do a shove it or kickflip, yet they act like they are the cream of the crop skaters. let's get real no legit skaters rock supreme

They have this better than you attitude at all times and you can't ask them any question. And the people who probably said they're cool either know them or dress like em. I don't and a lot of people don't, so we should get attitudes? Its akin to some tattoo shops when you come in and have no tattoos and every worker is covered in sleeves and they look at you like "you not about that life". It makes you never want to come back.

Also I have never lined up or bought an item from Supreme but I was there for a release once, where a bunch of kids camped out and the store opened and the Supreme workers rudely let all their friends in and didn't let others in for like hours after opening just to tell em everythings sold out already. If you're going to do that at least be discrete about it and not so in your face.

Back
Top Bottom