Washington Wizards 2012-2013 Season Thread - Thanks for a great year!

Will the Washington Wizards make the playoffs this year?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently Wizards worked out Ben Uzoh and Blake Ahearn last night...Most likely they will sign a PG tonight..and get rid of Barron...

Apparently Wizards worked out Ben Uzoh and Blake Ahearn last night...Most likely they will sign a PG tonight..and get rid of Barron...

This team has a Summer League feel to it. I know injuries happen and personnel moves are made, but the current roster leaves so much to be desired.

It must be hard working in the sales office at this point......there isn't much of a product to sell or even a positive player to form a positive sales pitch around.

With the lottery in the future idk I feel we should trade it for a established scorer at the 3

On another note I'm going down and trying to catch a game, any section I should get tickets in

With the lottery in the future idk I feel we should trade it for a established scorer at the 3
On another note I'm going down and trying to catch a game, any section I should get tickets in

http://www.verizoncenter.com/images/seatingmap1112_920.jpg

Any of the six 100-level sections directly surrounding the court are prime viewing. Hope you catch a good one.

So glad I caught the Miami game - a W and a LeBron triple double. :pimp:
Probably going to catch the Lakers on Friday, despite another ticket markup.

Search on craigslist and you will be able to find lowers for under $20 a ticket for most games.

Sections 121, 100, 101, 112, 111, 110

It really is personal preference as I've sat in various seats throughout the years and there isn't really a bad seat in the house. I'll even sit in the uppers sometimes when I want an entire section to myself.

Club level is good too.

Damn I wish I could catch that lakers game, I guess ima get tickets for the mavs game O.J is my dude.

I have the worst luck though first ticket I bought to see the wiz John wall was out with knee tendinitis vs the celtics and it was a pretty bad game.

Thanks for the help though

Last edited:
That's great and all...

But that does that make the, a playoff contender?

If OJ Mayo wins the Wizards 5 more games (if that) than they currently have now...what difference does it make? They'd still be a bad team.
you're right,

but I just like to think about what could have been ya know.

Not making the dumb Oakfor/Ariza trade

picking up Mayo

we would still suck, but they would not be spending $43 million, I think Dallas signed Mayo for like 8 million

As much as Andray Blatche is disliked in Washington, what does it say that he is being productive in Brooklyn? How do you guys feel about that?

Just further shows the organizational issues the Wizards have. There are so many flaws internally that the players and final product are doomed to fail. Until drastic changes are made, the cycle will continue.

As much as Andray Blatche is disliked in Washington, what does it say that he is being productive in Brooklyn? How do you guys feel about that?

Just further shows the organizational issues the Wizards have. There are so many flaws internally that the players and final product are doomed to fail. Until drastic changes are made, the cycle will continue.
Dude is in a one year contract in Brooklyn right?  Thats all on him.  He has potential and you cant force a grown man to play hard and make good decisions.  Maybe he has actually matured but I don't think so.  I'm not placing any blame/fault on the Wiz for him being a lazy, immature, underacheiver.

Last edited:

Dude is in a one year contract in Brooklyn right?  Thats all on him.  He has potential and you can force a grown man to play hard and make good decisions.  Maybe he has actually matured but I don't think so.  I'm not placing any blame/fault on the Wiz for him being a lazy, immature, underacheiver.

Gotta agree w. PB. Wizards organization has a lot of faults....however, I don't place any of them on what went down w/ Blatche. He sabotaged himself.

Management is lacking but you're not about to use Andray Blatche as an example for that.

Let's not forget that there is a reason why Andray Blatche was ever a 2nd round pick to begin with. He was red flagged coming into the league and ended up reminding everyone why. Blatche being a piss poor piece of **** don't have anything to do with the Wizards. He was on his way out of the league and John Lucas got him in shape and he's making the most out of a one year deal as a role player.

Stop it.

Dude is in a one year contract in Brooklyn right?  Thats all on him.  He has potential and you cant force a grown man to play hard and make good decisions.  Maybe he has actually matured but I don't think so.  I'm not placing any blame/fault on the Wiz for him being a lazy, immature, underacheiver.

He wasn't the first Ex-Wizard to leave and play better else where. I'm not putting Blatche's failure entirely on the Wizards, but if an organization like San Antonio would have drafted Blatche.....they would have gotten more out of him. If the Wizards drafted Kawhi Leonard or Kenneth Faried, I don't think they would be as productive on Washington.

Maybe the his failure in Washington did light a fire in him or he decided to take his craft seriously.....even though he still doesn't look like he hits the weight room with a passion like the does the clubs.

Make no mistakes though, I wanted Blatche gone at all cost. I just think Ernie Grunfield needs to go.

Fantastic :x

Washington Wizards said to have turned down trade for James Harden

By Michael Lee, Tuesday, December 11, 7:28 PM

The Washington Wizards turned down a trade with the Oklahoma City Thunder for James Harden this summer because team owner Ted Leonsis was unwilling to commit to what would have been a roughly $80 million, five-year contract for the high-scoring player, according to multiple people with knowledge of the proposed deal.

The Wizards would have sent rookie guard Bradley Beal and second-year forward Chris Singleton to the Thunder in return for Harden, winner of the NBA’s sixth-man award with Oklahoma City last season, according to these individuals, who spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to talk about the proposal.

The Thunder traded Harden to the Houston Rockets in October. The Rockets, who play the Wizards in Houston Wednesday, gave Harden, who is having an all-star caliber season averaging nearly 25 points per game, the large contract he had been seeking.

Leonsis, Wizards President Ernie Grunfeld and Thunder General Manager Sam Presti all declined comment when asked about the proposed trade. One Wizards official denied that Oklahoma City had offered Harden in exchange for Beal and Singleton, stating that the Thunder was also seeking an established player — which the Wizards didn’t have — in return. “That’s not true,” the official said about the proposed deal.

Beal was drafted third overall by Washington in June, and the Thunder didn’t make the offer for Beal and Singleton until two months later, according to an NBA front office executive, who requested anonymity because of the sensitivity of the subject matter.

A person with knowledge of Oklahoma City’s interest in Beal said the Wizards’ decision to hold on to Beal made sense because teams are often willing to trade draft picks but are more inclined to keep players once they’ve been selected.

The Wizards, who before the trade proposal came up had acquired three expensive veteran players, also likely would have been subject to an NBA luxury tax penalty for having a total payroll over the prescribed threshold if they had signed Harden.

Considering how poorly this season has begun for the Wizards, who had an NBA-worst 2-15 record entering Tuesday’s game in New Orleans, and the general lack of excitement surrounding a team, dealing for Harden might have been worth the risk in the short term.

Harden was drafted third overall out of Arizona State in 2009 and came into his own last season, when he helped the Thunder reach the NBA Finals before playing onthe gold medal-winning U.S. Olympic team. The 6-foot-5 lefty ranks fifth in the NBA in scoring this season.

The Wizards would have had one of the more dynamic young backcourts in the NBA, with the 22-year-old John Wall and the 23-year-old Harden. Harden also could have helped the Wizards better withstand the absence of Wall, who remains sidelined with a stress injury in his left knee, which was diagnosed in late September.

Oklahoma City traded Harden because it risked a stiff luxury tax bill once the penalties of the new collective bargaining agreement take hold in the 2013-14 season.

At the time the trade was discussed, the Wizards already had committed more than $33 million in salary this year after acquiring three veteran players — Nene, Emeka Okafor and Trevor Ariza — in an effort to bring stability to a young roster.

The Wizards also set aside money for the summer of 2014, when Wall, a former No. 1 pick, Kevin Seraphin, Jordan Crawford and Trevor Booker will become restricted free agents. Several big name talents — LeBron James, Rudy Gay, Carmelo Anthony and Chris Bosh, among others — also could enter the open market.

If the Wizards had traded for Harden, his $5.8 million salary this season would not have changed the team’s payroll much. But with the maximum deal Harden signed with Houston, his salary will jump to $13.7 million next season, when the Wizards would be committing almost $68 million in salary for just 10 players.

Even if the Wizards filled out the 15-man roster with minimum-salaried players, that would have potentially put the team’s payroll above the current luxury tax threshold of almost $70 million this season.

With the new luxury tax penalty plus another $7.8 million going to the waived Andray Blatche the Wizards’ payroll would actually be close to $90 million.

The Thunder held the 27th pick in the first round of the June draft but met with Beal beforehand and had conversations with teams in position to select him, including the Wizards, according to individuals with knowledge of the situation and published reports.

“It was weird. I met with a few teams and I was like, ‘You guys are all the way down in the draft. I’m projected to go top five.’ I was like, ‘Why are you guys interviewing me?’ It was still cool,” Beal said recently, when asked about meeting with Oklahoma City before the draft. “Sam Presti is a great guy and they showed interest. It was a great feeling for me, because that’s a team that was on the verge of winning a championship and to be part of that would’ve been tremendous. The chips fell in a different place, but I’m happy where I am right now.”

The 19-year-old Beal has had a difficult rookie campaign and has struggled with his shot but is far from a fully developed player. Singleton has moved back into the starting lineup after making 57 starts at small forward as a rookie.

Last edited:
Meh.

Bad team with or (obviously) without him.

Not crying over spilled milk.

Last edited:
Meh.

Bad team with or (obviously) without him.

Not crying over spilled milk.

I think the most damning part (if true) is that there seems to be zero commitment to trying to field a competitive team. A core of Nene, Harden, and Wall would be something to build off of. However, we stay in the constant cycle of suck. I'd guarantee that with Harden in the fold, we'd be much closer to .500 ball.

Who needs Harden? "Elusive" first road win achieved.....let the streak begin.

Jimmy would be nice to watch though, I'd go to a few more games for that alone.

One of the supposed pros to the Okafor-Ariza trade was to open up cap space in two years. Ummm, doesn't trading for Harden nab the Wizards that young star to pair with Wall and Nene instead of waiting two additiona years? :x :lol:

One of the supposed pros to the Okafor-Ariza trade was to open up cap space in two years. Ummm, doesn't trading for Harden nab the Wizards that young star to pair with Wall and Nene instead of waiting two additiona years? :x :lol:

Whoa whoa whoa..hold up! Common sense is not allowed to enter discussions in the Washington front office. That would require one to assume that Leonsis actually wants to win.

I think the most damning part (if true) is that there seems to be zero commitment to trying to field a competitive team. A core of Nene, Harden, and Wall would be something to build off of. However, we stay in the constant cycle of suck. I'd guarantee that with Harden in the fold, we'd be much closer to .500 ball.
I've seen enough close to .500 ball with this franchise to get excited about a core of Wall, Harden, and NeNe.

Either be really good or really bad. 

I'm fine with the team as it is now. Keep sucking until 2014.

ncb_g_wiggins_gb1_400.jpg

Taking a risk drafting a guy at 3 instead of trading for a clear budding star who was drafted 3 a few years prior :smh:

Just look at how much better Florida is w/o him this year

So the rationale behind not making the deal was not wanting to pay the lux tax.....if the oak/ariza deal was never made, this team wouldn't have to pay the lux tax if they gave Harden a max deal, right?

Bottom line...the whole situation PERFECTLY sums up the Wizards FO. Incompetence and penny pinching. :smh:

I've seen enough close to .500 ball with this franchise to get excited about a core of Wall, Harden, and NeNe.

Either be really good or really bad. 

I'm fine with the team as it is now. Keep sucking until 2014.

ncb_g_wiggins_gb1_400.jpg

Unless Wiggins slips to #3, we aren't getting him :lol:

One of the supposed pros to the Okafor-Ariza trade was to open up cap space in two years. Ummm, doesn't trading for Harden nab the Wizards that young star to pair with Wall and Nene instead of waiting two additiona years?
sick.gif
laugh.gif
Whoa whoa whoa..hold up! Common sense is not allowed to enter discussions in the Washington front office. That would require one to assume that Leonsis actually wants to win.
roll.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom