Washington Wizards 2012-2013 Season Thread - Thanks for a great year!

Will the Washington Wizards make the playoffs this year?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's strange...I was on board for giving up the 2013 pick for Cousins...but NOT for Rudy Gay.

Another thing about last night: Brad Beal w/ 17 points. On TEN shots!!! :pimp:

Wizards actually played beautiful basketball last night. VERY efficient.

THIS

I greatly enjoyed watching the game for once. With Wall pushing the ball up the court our team is so much more effective. It plays to our strengths really well. All of our big men can get up and down the court which works in our favor. And honestly the only thing Jan can do is finish on fast breaks/ally oops and apparently make a great pass every now and then. Seraphin can run so can Okefor (who played great last night). Granted we shot like 56% last night which is tough to repeat. But ball movement and speed and defensive intensity for a full game.....it was fun to watch.

I don't want rudy gay. But if Beal isn't involved....and we can some how stay under the cap without giving up multiple picks...maybe just this years first....maybe id be cool with it.

THIS

I greatly enjoyed watching the game for once. With Wall pushing the ball up the court our team is so much more effective. It plays to our strengths really well. All of our big men can get up and down the court which works in our favor. And honestly the only thing Jan can do is finish on fast breaks/ally oops and apparently make a great pass every now and then. Seraphin can run so can Okefor (who played great last night). Granted we shot like 56% last night which is tough to repeat. But ball movement and speed and defensive intensity for a full game.....it was fun to watch.

I don't want rudy gay. But if Beal isn't involved....and we can some how stay under the cap without giving up multiple picks...maybe just this years first....maybe id be cool with it.

It's just been 2 games, but Wall's defense has been tremendous. Dude has been getting after it.

The proposed deal didn't include Beal. It was Ariza, Crawford, Singleton, Vesley or Webster and our '13 1st round pick (likely protected).

How's anybody complaining about Rudy eating up cap space when Rudy's deal would come off the books same time OkAriza's is scheduled to? We'd basically be getting Rudy Gay with our current core for 1.5 seasons. How bad could that really be? I'm not the biggest Rudy Gay fan but ya'll dudes are acting like the team is trying to swing a deal for Nick Young. You dudes come into the thread complaining about how awful the team is after every game anyway. You're not at least willing to see what a lineup of Wall, Beal, Gay, Nene/Seraphin, Okafor could do in a season and a half?

The team is not getting DeMarcus Cousins, or anybody else with value. The only deal for a significant player the team is going to be able to make is to pluck a player away from a team that's trying to avoid the luxury tax. Period. Be realistic about what this team's chances are in the next few years. A turnaround is coming any time soon. Plus, it looks like this deal with Memphis is dead anyway.

It's time to let Harden go too. Just like this Gay deal...all of that was speculation. Nobody has came out and confirmed that there was a final deal on the table and the Wizards passed. 

It's just been 2 games, but Wall's defense has been tremendous. Dude has been getting after it.

Yeah dude has been getting in that low stance and going all out on defense. I'm excited to see how Wall plays once he is in game shape

The proposed deal didn't include Beal. It was Ariza, Crawford, Singleton, Vesley or Webster and our '13 1st round pick (likely protected).

How's anybody complaining about Rudy eating up cap space when Rudy's deal would come off the books same time OkAriza's is scheduled to? We'd basically be getting Rudy Gay with our current core for 1.5 seasons. How bad could that really be? 
Actually, Okafor and Ariza both come off the books at the end of next season (assuming Ariza exercises his player option for $7.7 mil this summer - and he WILL.)  Acquiring them screwed us out of the amnesty and free agent markets this summer, but next season both become valuable expiring deals with even MORE trade value at the deadline.

Meanwhile, Rudy Gay will make $17.8 million next season and then $19.3 million the following year.  So, you'd have him 2.5 seasons and his big raise strikes at exactly the time when John Wall will be due his big contract.  Throw in Nene's deal and you're basically committing to the team as is, and I think the concern is that a core of Wall, Beal, Gay, Nene, and Seraphin isn't good enough to get it done against the top teams in the East.  Nobody wants to watch this team spin its wheels for a few more seasons.

How's anybody complaining about Rudy eating up cap space when Rudy's deal would come off the books same time OkAriza's is scheduled to? We'd basically be getting Rudy Gay with our current core for 1.5 seasons. How bad could that really be? I'm not the biggest Rudy Gay fan but ya'll dudes are acting like the team is trying to swing a deal for Nick Young. You dudes come into the thread complaining about how awful the team is after every game anyway. You're not at least willing to see what a lineup of Wall, Beal, Gay, Nene/Seraphin, Okafor could do in a season and a half?

The team is not getting DeMarcus Cousins, or anybody else with value. The only deal for a significant player the team is going to be able to make is to pluck a player away from a team that's trying to avoid the luxury tax. Period. Be realistic about what this team's chances are in the next few years. A turnaround is coming any time soon. Plus, it looks like this deal with Memphis is dead anyway.

It's time to let Harden go too. Just like this Gay deal...all of that was speculation. Nobody has came out and confirmed that there was a final deal on the table and the Wizards passed. 

Relax dude you sound mad bro

I'm not speaking for anyone but myself but I'm highly against the deal if it involves Beal

If its that deal you suggested it sounds to good to be true

But the fact is the deal hasn't been revealed

There are reports saying Beal is included and others saying he isn't

Because Rudy Gay is like Joe Johnson. An overpaied basic player. I mean why do think a contender like Memphis is trying to get rid of him?

I'm not speaking for anyone but myself but I'm highly against the deal if it involves Beal

If its that deal you suggested it sounds to good to be true

But the fact is the deal hasn't been revealed

There are reports saying Beal is included and others saying he isn't
Please point out to me where I suggested that I was mad. 

laugh.gif
 How?

Because Rudy Gay is like Joe Johnson. An overpaied basic player. I mean why do think a contender like Memphis is trying to get rid of him?
Overpaid swingmen with pretty good scoring skills are a dime a dozen, but you can't/don't want to build around them.  Gay, Johnson, Granger, etc...

Overpaid swingmen with pretty good scoring skills are a dime a dozen, but you can't/don't want to build around them.  Gay, Johnson, Granger, etc...

What the wizards need is a LEGIT #1 scoring option. Could Rudy fill that void? I think Beal will develop into that scorer...but for the time being, we don't have that player and I am not sure WHO can come in and fill that void immediately.

What the wizards need is a LEGIT #1 scoring option. Could Rudy fill that void? I think Beal will develop into that scorer...but for the time being, we don't have that player and I am not sure WHO can come in and fill that void immediately.

It looks like Beal will develop into that caliber of scorer. I can see Beal averaging 23 ppg in about two seasons. Kid has a knack for scoring and wait until he starts getting respect from the refs.

^Kid is silky smooth tonight.. 15 in the first half.

Only 19 years old.. :smh:

what a L....Beall is shooting lights out...i love it...we are looking great out there just need to learn how to fix the small mistakes...for instance wall should have made those 2 free throws...we would have won the game

Tough loss, but Beal is the truth and Wall with 14 points, 10 assists, and only 1 TO in 26 min (he's currently averaging 22/11 per 36).. we straight

Last edited:
John wall looked the same with the jump shots, Beal was to much miss part of the game cause I switched GSW vs MIA...

Horrible mistake :smh:

John may never be able to be a "shooter". Just like Rondo. I'd just like for him to really dominate at what he is good at...like Rondo.

Just read that Gary Payton has been giving advice to John wall as of late.

:pimp:

GP had some of the same struggles early on in his career. Dude turned it around. Obviously. This is EXACTLY why people need to pump the breaks on the "wall is a bust" train. He's played less than 160 games in his CAREER.

Brad Beal's January averages :x :smokin

2012-2013 REGULAR SEASON GAME LOG
DATE OPP SCORE MIN FGM-FGA FG% 3PM-3PA 3P% FTM-FTA FT% REB AST BLK STL PF TO PTS
Wed 1/16

@
SAC

L 94-95 41 9-14 .643 6-7 .857 2-2 1.000 3 6 1 1 2 1 26
Mon 1/14

vs
ORL

W 120-91 30 7-10 .700 1-1 1.000 2-2 1.000 2 2 0 1 2 2 17
Sat 1/12

vs
ATL

W 93-83 40 6-16 .375 1-3 .333 3-4 .750 4 2 0 3 2 2 16
Mon 1/7

vs
OKC

W 101-99 45 7-17 .412 5-7 .714 3-3 1.000 5 4 0 1 1 2 22
Sun 1/6

@
MIA

L 71-99 34 4-14 .286 1-3 .333 0-3 .000 3 4 0 2 1 1 9
Fri 1/4

vs
BKN

L 113-115 48 10-19 .526 2-4 .500 2-2 1.000 6 4 1 3 3 1 24
Wed 1/2

@
IND

L 81-89 28 6-15 .400 2-4 .500 0-0 .000 2 3 1 0 2 0 14
Tue 1/1

vs
DAL

L 94-103 35 7-16 .438 4-7 .571 4-7 .571 4 2 1 0 2 2 22
January 37.5 7.0-15.1 .463 2.8-4.5 .611 2.0-2.9 .696 3.6 3.4 0.5 1.4 1.9 1.4 18.8

Last edited:
Beal is on a tear right now. Dude is going to be a top 3 SG in his prime (with Kobe, Wade, and Manu fading). Hell he might be a top 5 SG right now based on how he is playing in 2013. Wall needed to make those free throws and he still needs to fix that jumper. If Wall can get just a decent jumper then dude would be a superstar. Double J where did you read about GP mentoring Wall? I would like to read up on that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom