Washington Wizards 2012-2013 Season Thread - Thanks for a great year!

Will the Washington Wizards make the playoffs this year?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm confused. Did I imply the team should "give up on him" because he can't shoot?

Rondo's been in the league for 7 years now...and still can't shoot. I don't think it's "too early" at all to say that Wall won't be a good shooter. He's a historically bad jump shooter and I just don't see that turning around any time soon. Same with Kidd...he didn't become a shooter to fear until that athleticism departed.

Not that they were AS bad at shooting as Wall was but look at the improvements Rose and Westbrook made from year one to year two. Wall still shoots as if he's going to miss every time it leaves his hand. It's just not a pretty shot. Who knows when Wall will turn it around or if he ever will? I'm not counting on it. I'd just like to see him continue to use what he is good at.

Just like Rondo...he has stretches where he finds a groove and that shot looks pretty good but I think the scouting report on both of those guys will always be back off and let them shoot.

agree with all this, it looks like he has no faith in it soon as it leaves his hands. could be mechanics also, he'll get it done this summer though hopefully

The dertimation, preperation and work ethic is what I'm looking for. If Wall is dedicated to reinventing his jumper and becoming a quality shooter, anything is possible.

Hopefully it occurs faster than it did for Kidd. It only took him 15 years or so.....:smh:

I'm going to give this a read in a minute...but Beal has been a completely different player since 1/1. You can just see the confidence building with him. The way he's shooting the rock, coming off of screens, hitting the boards, etc. can all be attributed to 1) his confidence and 2) the return of John Wall. Not for nothing, I can't remember the last time we had a locker room with as strong character as there is professionalism. It's only going to benefit Beal (and Wall) in the long run.

It's way too early to say he will never be a good shooter. He just needs time and most important, confidence in his own shot. In his 3rd season...I think he will be quite ok personally
It pains me to say it, but Wall will never be a good shooter. :lol:

All I want from him at this point is a serviceable midrange jumpshot and the ability to make open corner threes. Which clearly won't happen this year, but it's possible within the next few years if he puts the work in. What bothers the most are his deficiencies in the half court, because the ability is there -- he just needs to pull his head out of his ***. The dumb TOs need to stop. And if you notice, he always picks up his dribble in the half court. I don't know who the hell is coaching him on that (Sam Cassell where are you at?). Every other top PG knows how to keep their dribble alive so the defense stays off balance. Once he picks up his dribble they can relax and say "Ok, he is about to telegraph a pass" and they can just play the passing lanes, which is why he has so many TOs. He has to not make it so obvious where he's going with the ball or what he's about to do.

It pains me to say it, but Wall will never be a good shooter. :lol:

All I want from him at this point is a serviceable midrange jumpshot and the ability to make open corner threes. Which clearly won't happen this year, but it's possible within the next few years if he puts the work in. What bothers the most are his deficiencies in the half court, because the ability is there -- he just needs to pull his head out of his ***. The dumb TOs need to stop. And if you notice, he always picks up his dribble in the half court. I don't know who the hell is coaching him on that (Sam Cassell where are you at?). Every other top PG knows how to keep their dribble alive so the defense stays off balance. Once he picks up his dribble they can relax and say "Ok, he is about to telegraph a pass" and they can just play the passing lanes, which is why he has so many TOs. He has to not make it so obvious where he's going with the ball or what he's about to do.

Oh we are the same page with that, that is what I meant. He won't be great but above average from mid range is not out of the question. We shall see though. I remember a time when Tony Parker was a terrible shooter. And I love what I'm seeing from Beal lately, becoming who I thought he would. Wiz can be pretty good in years to come.

the Pistons own us :x

John Wall with another pathetic game, 7 turnovers, 6 assists :x

Calderon 18 assists ONE turnover :smh:

Last edited:
Two turnovers now for Calderon :lol:

THis one was big. Let's see if the Wizards can tie it up...

only down 1 point and you force a 3 just so Ariza can be the hero? what a joke

Looked like the play was drawn up for beal and the lane closed...he panicked and threw a pass between webster/ariza on the 3pt line. I don't think Ariza taking the GW was the plan.

only down 1 point and you force a 3 just so Ariza can be the hero? what a joke

Looked like the play was drawn up for beal and the lane closed...he panicked and threw a pass between webster/ariza on the 3pt line. I don't think Ariza taking the GW was the plan.

For real. How can that be the final play. Props to Ariza for basically making it a good game. 2 big 3s late and the steal...and hit both free throws.

It happens i guess so no real hate for Brad Beal. But if the pass was on the money Martell is WIDE open for a three. But pass was off he bobbled just shoved it to ariza who had a tough shot. O well. Calderon with a ton of assists....Wall with a ton of turnovers....still need a back up PG. Price was meh last night...serviceable i guess.

For real. How can that be the final play. Props to Ariza for basically making it a good game. 2 big 3s late and the steal...and hit both free throws.

It happens i guess so no real hate for Brad Beal. But if the pass was on the money Martell is WIDE open for a three. But pass was off he bobbled just shoved it to ariza who had a tough shot. O well. Calderon with a ton of assists....Wall with a ton of turnovers....still need a back up PG. Price was meh last night...serviceable i guess.

Beal had a tough night as well...no FT attempts, and got COOKED by Brandon KNight.

after this game, i felt ashamed to post in this thread right after the game, hopefully we bounce back

i seen the end of the game nice to this effort was put out by all our starters

Hope Beal is alright

Hope Beal is okay, supposedly X-rays came back negative. That kid has really gotten banged up this season geez.

Glad Wall was able to come up big down the stretch, hopefully this greatly improves his confidence moving forward. He supposedly stared down David Falk (the sports agent who dissing him a while back saying he was wack) after the go-ahead jumper :lol: :pimp:

Last edited:
For all those clamoring for Otto Porter:

Are you still cheering for this team to rack up meaningless wins in March and April?  Porter and the Wizards are currently moving in opposite directions across the draft board.  
Hope Beal is okay, supposedly X-rays came back negative. That kid has really gotten banged up this season geez.
Especially for someone who almost never gets to the line.  

For all those clamoring for Otto Porter:

Are you still cheering for this team to rack up meaningless wins in March and April?  Porter and the Wizards are currently moving in opposite directions across the draft board.  
Especially for someone who almost never gets to the line.  

Sad but true meth. It seems like everyone is now on the otto porter bandwagon (aka espn analysts, linardi picked G-Town to be a 1 seed all of a sudden). We are going to need a top 5 pick to land him. I guess depending on if Nerlens comes out. Which i am assuming he will

Missed the game last night read that John had a nice 6 point run in the forth though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom