Washington Wizards 2012-2013 Season Thread - Thanks for a great year!

Will the Washington Wizards make the playoffs this year?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else looking at Season Tickets or interested in going to a game as a group?

I still have a few ticket connections at WSE (now Monument Sports Entertainment) from when I worked there back in 2008-09.

I know the true Bullets/Wizards fan would oblige.

I can book a room at the Grand Hyatt a few blocks away and we can make it an evening so nobody has to drive/metro/walk intoxicated.

Just let me know....

Anyone else looking at Season Tickets or interested in going to a game as a group?

I still have a few ticket connections at WSE (now Monument Sports Entertainment) from when I worked there back in 2008-09.

I can book a room at the Grand Hyatt a few blocks away and we can make it an evening so nobody has to drive/metro/walk intoxicated.

Just let me know....

I'm down with hitting up a game as a group as long as its on a Friday or Saturday

Ves...playing well.

GRJr. looking aggressive...feel bad that he's playing on that awful 2nd unit.

Porter - that length is gonna be a problem on defense. He's got his hands all in the passing lanes.

Would be nice of the Wizards to actually have a decent PG on the SL roster.

Ves looks like a new player. He has really worked on his shooting motion

Just asked a question in the Knicks thread about Breen/Clyde being in Vegas to actually call the game. Get this....they are actually there :wow:

Why won't the Wizards send Buck/Chenier/Miller to Vegas also? Calling the game live from Vegas IN Bethesda is a joke...but yet, SO Wizards. :lol: :smh:

What will our team identiiy be? We are awesome on defense when we want to be. Its just the offense that is stale far too often. I see Wall becoming a legit offensive threat this year.

What will our team identiiy be? We are awesome on defense when we want to be. Its just the offense that is stale far too often. I see Wall becoming a legit offensive threat this year.

Defense...when everything is clicking, we're one of the best in the league.

As far as the offense, EVERYTHING hinges on Wall's health.

pretty much, We need him to drive to the basket more(draw fouls or kick out and Porter being here will help so much)

And Nene's health. If Nene is healthy, we have a 7-footer who can consistently get buckets down low in halfcourt situations. Add that to our transition game which should be near the top of the league, and our 3pt shooting which should be near the top of the league.

Plus our second unit is much better now. The offense stagnated a lot last year when Wall came out. That shouldn't be the case with Maynor running the point instead of Price. And Porter, GR Jr, Seraphin, Booker.. that's solid depth off the bench.

And Nene's health. If Nene is healthy, we have a 7-footer who can consistently get buckets down low in halfcourt situations. Add that to our transition game which should be near the top of the league, and our 3pt shooting which should be near the top of the league.

Plus our second unit is much better now. The offense stagnated a lot last year when Wall came out. That shouldn't be the case with Maynor running the point instead of Price. And Porter, GR Jr, Seraphin, Booker.. that's solid depth off the bench.

You're 100% right about Nene....that being said, I think there should be a 25mpg cap on him. We've got to keep him in the lineup for 75+ games.

Just asked a question in the Knicks thread about Breen/Clyde being in Vegas to actually call the game. Get this....they are actually there
eek.gif

Why won't the Wizards send Buck/Chenier/Miller to Vegas also? Calling the game live from Vegas IN Bethesda is a joke...but yet, SO Wizards.
laugh.gif
mean.gif
Why not?  They practically call the home games from Bethesda now.  We all remember the infamous "retractable dagger." 

Anyone else here the DeJuan Blair rumors? Would have to be a sign and trade. I like blair but not sure what we would have to give up to get him. I feel like he has a more polished offensive game and better basketball IQ then Booker....but then again it could have just been the spurs system...i think booker is a better athlete

I expect Otto to show out in a big way in one of these next few games. He's been better defensively than offensively so far but at the same time the entire team has shot the ball at a horrific rate.

I expect Otto to show out in a big way in one of these next few games. He's been better defensively than offensively so far but at the same time the entire team has shot the ball at a horrific rate.

Dudes on RealGM calling him a bust already :lol:

Wizards doing guys like Otto no favors by not having a quasi-quality PG on the SL roster.

Dudes on RealGM / Bullets Forever...generally never know what they're talking about.

Bradley Beal a "bust" after 1 month to them (and to a few here BTW) 

Just let me know....
I would be down for that

Didn't see the game last night, but the Wizards blew out the Nuggets. Otto left with a hamstring issue and had 4 points (2-4 shooting), but I guess he was off to a good start. Jan, BEASTED. No joke. He's really asserting himself out in Vegas and I hope it can carry over. Honestly, I just don't see how Chris Singleton finishes the year w/ the Wizards.

Didn't see the game last night, but the Wizards blew out the Nuggets. Otto left with a hamstring issue and had 4 points (2-4 shooting), but I guess he was off to a good start. Jan, BEASTED. No joke. He's really asserting himself out in Vegas and I hope it can carry over. Honestly, I just don't see how Chris Singleton finishes the year w/ the Wizards.

:nerd: :nerd: these words...in that order...not sure i can fully comprehend

Looks like he's developed some confidence in his game since April. If dude can at least develop into a above average sixth man.... then we're in business :smokin :smokin I highly doubt that'll ever happen tho :lol:

Last edited:
hopefully Jan somewhat takes steps forward to reaching his potential, right now dude is so bad but i can't help but kill my self if he reaches his potential somewhere else

We should just fully embrace the name "Wizards"
Go full-on nerd, in every possible aspect. Gandalf video clips. Wizard’s robes for player warmups. Instead of Kiss-cam, cos-play cam. Renaissance Fair halftime show. Off season LARP featuring Vesely dressed up as one of those tree people and Seraphin as a troll.

Very publicly dive deep into advanced stats and SportVu stuff. Then, when making draft choices and other personnel decisions, publicize our analytics guys’ probabilities. 55% likely that Porter is the best player available, 45% likely that Noel is the best. Make the “decision” with a roll of a twenty sided die in front of the cameras.

"It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." --Mark Twain

I’m serious, though. What if they embraced the name, abandoned the typical ex-jock sports fan audience, and started catering to the nerds, freaks, and geeks instead?

We’re basically a small market team, despite the fact that DC is a big market. Too many transients, and the Skins grab most of the attention.

Why not try to tap into the world’s dorks? Nerds have money, and with the rise of advanced stats and fantasy sports, they are gravitating towards sports more and more these days. If there’s any team out there that should appeal to that clientele, it’s us. Manute and Mugsy, Gheorghe, etc

We should just fully embrace the name "Wizards"
Go full-on nerd, in every possible aspect. Gandalf video clips. Wizard’s robes for player warmups. Instead of Kiss-cam, cos-play cam. Renaissance Fair halftime show. Off season LARP featuring Vesely dressed up as one of those tree people and Seraphin as a troll.

Very publicly dive deep into advanced stats and SportVu stuff. Then, when making draft choices and other personnel decisions, publicize our analytics guys’ probabilities. 55% likely that Porter is the best player available, 45% likely that Noel is the best. Make the “decision” with a roll of a twenty sided die in front of the cameras.

"It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." --Mark Twain

I’m serious, though. What if they embraced the name, abandoned the typical ex-jock sports fan audience, and started catering to the nerds, freaks, and geeks instead?

We’re basically a small market team, despite the fact that DC is a big market. Too many transients, and the Skins grab most of the attention.

Why not try to tap into the world’s dorks? Nerds have money, and with the rise of advanced stats and fantasy sports, they are gravitating towards sports more and more these days. If there’s any team out there that should appeal to that clientele, it’s us. Manute and Mugsy, Gheorghe, etc

I laughed..... :lol: :smokin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom