Washington Wizards 2012-2013 Season Thread - Thanks for a great year!

Will the Washington Wizards make the playoffs this year?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol when i realized it was fake it was too late bro, still it seems beliveable till tou notice certain things

Especially how the camera conviently only catches the ball :lol: but yea im soo embarrassed
Come on Hype, nothing about that seems real. Not at ANY point :lol:

I'm glad Washington signed Wall to his deal. He's gonna put in work!

I think the Wizards make the playoffs this upcoming season. Baby steps.

I'm glad Washington signed Wall to his deal. He's gonna put in work!

I think the Wizards make the playoffs this upcoming season. Baby steps.

one can only hope

Wall deserves the max money imo, he has a good support group with his family and the Wizards organization. We're going to count heavily on John to lead us to the playoffs

I like the Harrington pick up if he's healthy.

He's only a year removed from averaging 14 PPG on average shooting efficiency, which is a step up from the likes of Seraphin, Singleton and Vesely.

Last edited:
Are we sure that's for the minimum?  Any more than that and we're over the cap, I believe.  

All I've been reading is that we're "in the lead" for his services.  We likely have the most minutes to offer of any team "in contention" for Al, so perhaps that's making the difference.  For the minimum, I'd hardly complain.  Anything more and it sets us up for a bad salary dump trade down the road. 

@JaredZwerling Source confirms Wizards are leading candidate to sign Al Harrington. Likely happen this week. Clippers, Kings and Pelicans showed interest.
I believe the other three teams can't offer much more than the minimum either (technically the Kings and Pelicans have the room exception, but I doubt they're spending it on Harrington). Plus their frontcourts appear to be more crowded than the Wizards at the moment too.

Last edited:
Meth:

It looks like it's only a matter of time before Al Harrington will be a member of the Washington Wizards. The veteran forward is flying into Washington D.C. to take a physical Tuesday, and if all goes well, he will sign a one-year contract for the veteran's minimum of $1.4 million, according to Michael Lee of the Washington Post.

Link

I just want to know which aliens abducted Ernie Grunfeld and replaced him with the competent guy calling the shots this offseason?

I was waiting to hear the terms.. if it's 1yr vet min this is really solid, Harrington will bring more scoring/3pt shooting to the second unit.

Even if he isn't that productive, he'll take minutes from the deadweights Vesely/Singleton which is a good thing.

Surprisingly we're actually starting to see FAs wanting to sign with the Wizards. Eric Maynor said he didn't even contact any other team and went straight to Washington first, noting that we were a "young up and coming team." And Al Harrington was pretty set on coming here it seems. It's nice to know that our reputation as the worst possible destination is changing, at least somewhat.

Last edited:
Email
Print
Reprints

Al Harrington: Wizards are ‘definitely going to make the playoffs’

By Michael Lee, Published: August 13 at 9:02 amE-mail the writer

Once he made the decision last Saturday that he wanted to join the Wizards, veteran free agent forward Al Harrington shared the news with John Wall via text message.

“The first thing he said was, ‘Help me get to the playoffs,’ ” Harrington recalled Wall telling him.

Harrington is confident that he can help Wall make the playoffs for the first time in his career — and also end the Wizards’ five-year postseason drought.

After a season spent recovering from a staph infection following surgery on his right knee and as a misplaced piece in the Orlando Magic’s rebuilding efforts, the 33-year-old Harrington is eager to once again play a significant role on a team that is playing for something. He plans to board a flight to Washington on Tuesday for a physical and eventually sign a one-year deal worth the veteran’s minimum of $1.4 million with the Wizards because he believes the franchise is ready to return to respectability.

“I’m excited and I feel like this team is definitely going to make the playoffs,” Harrington said in a telephone interview late Monday night. “And I don’t care. I’ll go on record saying that. I feel like if this team is healthy, it will be one of the top eight teams in the East, for sure.”

Rest of Article in Link

Okafor
Nene
Webster
Beal
Wall

Maynor
Ariza
Harrington
Porter
Seraphin
Booker
Temple
Singleton
Rice
Vesely

Easily the best team we've fielded since the big-3 era.

Those expiring contracts of Okafor/Ariza are a huge asset. And like DT said, it's encouraging to know that players are considering DC as a place to play.

Don't really need that to happen. It would be great to get him off the books when going after Cousins/Monroe or possibly both.

If we somehow went after both guys, who would play the 4?

I don't want to get my hopes up too much, but they are really setting up for some huge moves in 2014.

They have to find a way to rid themselves of Nene's contract tho.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom