Washington Wizards 2012-2013 Season Thread - Thanks for a great year!

Will the Washington Wizards make the playoffs this year?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan has been playing REAL well during the Euros so far.

Same w/ Satoransky.

*edit*

Though 4 games (so far), he's averaging 18/11
Jan Stats

Last edited:
Heading to the Wizards game when they come out to Phoenix in January. I'll try to make a few road trips to catch them maybe in Houston and/or LA too.

I plan on driving from VA to AZ later this Fall and hope to plan the trip around when the Wiz play OKC in Oklahoma.

Don't care about Singleton, but 'Mek being out for a minute REALLY sucks.

Let's just x our fingers that Keveeeeen Seraphin made some strides in his development.

Damn the starting line up and bench taking a hit :smh: ..Its more important now that Nene stays healthy

Apart from Wall coming back, having a healthy Nene and Okafor was the other reason the Wiz were good and entertaining at the end of the season

Last edited:
The yearly Wizards injury bug strikes again 
mean.gif

I can't find any estimate on how long Emeka will be out. I know they said indefinitely but come on someone with knowledge of those injuries should have some type of idea. Guess it's time for Jan and Kevin to step up :smh:

Herniated disk sounds real bad

Is Bradley Beal healed? I remember he had that stress fracture, the team stays limping

Anybody back home peep the open practice at the Verizon Center?

Any luck on finding Wizards Authentic Jerseys as well?

Was never able to locate a Wall or Beal Authentic last season. :smh:

http://www.csnwashington.com/basket...alk/leonsis-i-hate-losing-more-i-love-winning
 "We have 13 healthy players and the one thing I'm not allowing anybody to do is use injuries as an excuse," Leonsis said at a news conference. "We have 15 players under contract. Two can't start the season. That means we have 13. That's all you can dress anyway.
OK Ted whatever you say
 "I don't feel urgency for those reasons. I feel urgency because I feel indebted to the fans. Fans have supported us when I was honest with them," Leonsis said. "We didn't sell anybody a bill of goods. We didn't try to fool anybody. We told them we're going to be bad and then we're going to be good. Our fans stayed with us. 
Didn't you say last year that being a lottery team was unacceptable? Then it changed to not being a bottom 3 team?

No excuses this year...playoffs or bust. That's it.

*Bradley Beal is up to 6'5"

I saw it in the media day pics, and he confirmed it with a quote he gave over the weekend. He's still only 20, and there's a chance he could still sprout another inch or so.

What we do when we assume no one is paying attention demonstrates our true character.

On Friday, during a very stressful week for Washington, I looked to escape the madness for 30 minutes on what was a warm fall afternoon. I was reading The Post and eating a quick lunch at a table outside a local sandwich shop while a disheveled homeless man sat nearby, persistently and unsuccessfully asking anyone who walked by if he or she could “spare a sandwich.”

After about 25 minutes, Otto Porter Jr., the Georgetown basketball star and the Washington Wizards’ newest first-round draft pick, drove up, hopped out of his car and entered the shop. Mr. Porter soon exited with his sandwich and drink — but also with a sandwich, a bag of chips and a drink for the homeless man. Mr. Porter then sat down next to the man, and they both enjoyed their sandwiches while making small talk.

It was a wonderful thing to watch. This pure act of kindness, when no one was paying any attention, demonstrated true character and a genuine concern for someone in need. Mr. Porter, kudos to you. You are a gentleman and a true role model for fans of all ages.
:smokin

Culture change = complete in DC.

Just gotta get some W's.

Got faith in Otto. I think he will eventually become a key cog for this Wizards team. Not expecting much from him right away, but in due time, he'll show why he was worthy of the #3 pick.

Honestly i see Otto easily strugglin offensively, night in and night out, i just want him to limit his shot to fast break attempts

But if he can come through defensively thats all that will be needed, we already got okafor protecting the hoop somewhat we just need more guys lockin down on the perimeter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom