Washington Wizards 2013 - 2014 Season Thread - Thanks for a great season!

Where will the Washington Wizards finish this season?

• Out of the playoffs.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • In 8th place.

• In 7th place.

• In 6th place.

• In 5th place.

• I'm delusional and believe the Wizards will finish in 4th place or higher.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad to see some Wiz fans on here.. its been a tough 10 years haha... 

Anyone see the tweet Tracy Murray posted... he loved him some "Bullets"

Beal has been AWFUL lately.. can't hit a shot to save his life
mean.gif
Porter is butthole IMO... we should have never drafted him.....

Beal when he starts hitting his jumper he is deadly as hell.....

Ive always said we are one good PF away from being contenders........ Ive always wanted a big man like Garnett, Duncan etc.... I guess NeNe and Gortat will do

Beal has been AWFUL lately.. can't hit a shot to save his life :smh:
Porter is butthole IMO... we should have never drafted him.....

Beal when he starts hitting his jumper he is deadly as hell.....

Ive always said we are one good PF away from being contenders........ Ive always wanted a big man like Garnett, Duncan etc.... I guess NeNe and Gortat will do
But when Beal isn't hitting his jumper, he's basically useless. He rarely ever drives to the hole, and isn't a great ballhandler

This team has way too many defensive breakdowns. And I'm starting to hate Gortat, he misses a bunch of easy shots and doesn't do anything on defense. :smh:

I was just about to say that Beal actually got to the hole easily a couple times in these past couple of minutes of this run by the bench. Mad he missed the oop and that Webster got fouled on his poster attempt. The last great Wizards highlight IMO was that Al Thornton dunk :smh:

Watching Kendall Marshall handing out dimes for the Lakers when we have Eric Maynor on the roster is depressing

**** Eric Maynor

When Jan Vesely is out playing/producing over you, you know you're doing something wrong.

Makes me cringe how we chose him over nate, mo Williams, cj Watson, etc at the same price range.

Disappointing game to go to last night. The schedule won't any easier the next two weeks.

Watching Kendall Marshall handing out dimes for the Lakers when we have Eric Maynor on the roster is depressing
Even Shelvin Mack is looking like the serviceable backup he was drafted to be. 

Maynor obviously isn't the player he was with the Thunder, but I at least expected an upgrade over AJ Price.  Instead, we've gotten zero production out of him, and Temple isn't a great stopgap.  As soon as Wall sat down, the Mavs started to trap and apply full court pressure to disrupt our offense (or what passes for our offense.)  It worked.  

I believe we have the lowest scoring bench in the league right now - and that's probably still true even with Nene in the second unit.  

The nightmare end to this season is for Ted to be so thrilled with merely making the playoffs that he retains Randy and Ernie.  All you need to do to make the playoffs in the East is a) choose not to tank  b) somehow fail to tank.  Toronto's in that latter group, and they absolutely wiped the floor with us.  We had no excuse for it.  At home.  As healthy as we're going to be.  It wasn't a back to back.  

People like to say "if this team played in the West" or "if they played in the East"... and that doesn't even tell the full tale.  If the Wizards played in the West, they would not be the fifth-worst team.  They wouldn't be 14-16.  Against Western Conference opponents, the Wizards are 2-7.  And that's who we'd be playing night in and night out.

Meanwhile, if Dallas played in the East, they'd have the third seed by a mile.  They're 12-5 against the East.  

If most of our games were played against teams in the Western Conference, we'd be vying for a lottery pick right now.  

The Eastern Conference is historically bad - even by recent Eastern Conference standards.  That has to be kept in mind for evaluation purposes.  It's fool's gold.  We can't seriously pretend that living and dying based on whether or not Trevor and Martell knock down 6 threes a game is the foundation for a legitimate contender.  

Wiz lost the game with that awful 3rd quarter..looked like they aint wanna play after halftime :x :smh:

Much better effort today. I'm not taking much from this game though, Charlotte has no offense.

The Pelicans tomorrow is a game we have to win. They're playing tonight as well, so back-to-back situation for both teams.

Good win...but I'm a little concerned about Brad Beal. If he's not 100%, then it makes my observation a little easier to stomach, but he hasn't been to the FT line in 3 games. If he could find a way to draw contact and get to the line, he'd EASILY average over 22 per night.

The long twos are definitely an issue that needs to be corrected, it's been annoying me the past few games (all season, really). Brad is a great shooter, but in order to be a great overall scorer he has to learn how to put pressure on the defense by getting to the rim.

BTW apparently Beal is family friends with Nelly since he was a little kid.. didn't know that

View media item 733556
Rapper Nelly, a fellow St. Louis native and part-owner of the Bobcats, was sitting courtside and even asked Beal to calm down at one point.

“He was telling me, ‘Don’t do ’em like that.’ It was cool,” Beal said of Nelly, whom he has known for about a decade. “I think I was settling for way too many jump shots instead of using my body to be able to finish at the rim, and I think I did a good job of attacking and creating situations for them to be able to guard me and my teammates.”

I've never seen Vesely play like this before. This is easily the best game of his career so far

Vesely actually looks like an NBA player tonight. I'm glad he's finding that athletic hustle guy niche.

Also, is it me or does Nene only know how to throw really difficult passes? I haven't seen him throw anything that wasn't a potential turnover.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom