Washington Wizards 2013 - 2014 Season Thread - Thanks for a great season!

Where will the Washington Wizards finish this season?

• Out of the playoffs.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • In 8th place.

• In 7th place.

• In 6th place.

• In 5th place.

• I'm delusional and believe the Wizards will finish in 4th place or higher.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Beal is killing us right now.. don't know what's wrong with dude but he needs to be sitting on the bench.

Would much rather have Webster in there, at least he can make wide open shots.

These refs 
sick.gif

.500 within reach, and of course we lose.. :rofl:

I don't even know why I bother sometimes

The offense basically dies when the jumpshots aren't falling. Movement off the ball was just pitiful overall from what I saw running through my dvr recording. Not entirely sure whether that's an effort thing or just another system thing. And the loss of Booker really hurts an already thin team.

Porter simply must start logging quality minutes and become a rotation player. I mean surely that's why we drafted him - because he was the most NBA-ready prospect. Right...?

Last edited:
Great all-around game from Beal, 22-8-8. Hopefully he's getting out of his slump (although it was against the Sixers and he's still taking too many jumpshots)

Also, Porter looks really bad when he plays. I was cringing at him today. We all make fun of Bennett but Otto doesn't look much better. Tbh he needs to go down to the D-league so he can continue to play ball fulltime and find his legs. We just sent Glen Rice Jr down, and when he's played he's shown much more than Porter has, so why shouldn't we send Otto down as well? Only the pride of our management is preventing it from happening

Last edited:
Strong showing from Gortat today.  Hopefully Beal's solid performance today will get him back on track.

Last edited:
I really don't see the need to try and get him via trade. Only asset we have is Otto and I'm not ready to give up on him. Just sign Monroe outright in July.

Last edited:
I really don't see the need to try and get him via trade. Only asset we have is Otto and I'm not ready to give up on him. Just sign Monroe outright in July.
This.  Why on Earth should we give Detroit anything for a player they won't even retain? 

So we would have the luxury of signing him to an extra year at max money?  Forgive me if I don't jump at the opportunity.

We had this discussion months ago, and I expressed my reluctance at the time to Monroe outright when he hits free agency.   He hasn't exactly improved his value since then.  

I would consider swapping Monroe for Nene only because Nene's contract is toxic and Monroe's less likely to fall apart over the next few months.  Aside from that, there is no way I want to be paying $12 million plus for 12 points and 8 boards.  I can get two d-league players to give me that same production for a tenth of the cost.  Look at who you're competing against.  Greg Monroe is not going to make you competitive against Indiana.  It's one thing to overpay if you're certain the move will put you over the top, but there's no point in overpaying for mediocrity.  

We don't need Greg Monroe just to make the playoffs.  Aside from two teams, the East is so feeble this season that all we need to do in order to finish in the top eight is to try.  There will likely be two teams in this year's playoffs who attempted to tank and failed.  We've already mortgaged enough of our future by renting Gortat.  We don't need to compound that problem by sacrificing a young player, pick, or any assets whatsoever for the "privilege" of overpaying a third rate big.  

Greg Monroe has not moved the needle for Detroit.  When you pay max money, you deserve an impact player.  

In all likelihood, Carlos Boozer will be amnestied by Chicago this summer.  All we have to do to get him is to be under the cap and outbid other teams who will at that time be under the cap - and that's a pretty sorry lot.  I've never been a big Carlos Boozer fan, but I'd certainly take Boozer at $4 million instead of paying Monroe three times that much for less production. 

I can only hope that, in their desperation, Detroit's responsible for floating this "rumor" and we manage to survive the trade deadline without Ernie somehow ruining our future.

Who could you guys even offer for Monroe?

Obviously Wall and Beal are untouchable. Whose the 3rd best player?

we could offer expiring contracts coupled with future picks and Porter

Though thats a gross deal and i want no part of that

just sign monroe via free agency and see what his value will be depending on how he does this season.

we have a lot of nice pieces for a sign and trade..you better play this right Ernie

want zero parts of a trade right now to mess up our chemistry, just wait it out and don't panic like you always do Grunfeld :x

Agreed. If the East was having even a average year we'd be fighting for the 8th seed at best. Can't stand pat heading into next season, especially without a draft pick.

Rondo and Avery Bradley out tonight.

Celtics are fully in the tank at this point in the season, Ainge knows what he's doing over there. Jordan Crawford was helping them win some games so he shipped him out. If Rondo starts balling too hard, best believe he'll end up on the trading block also

They're on a back-to-back and struggling .. no excuse not to get this win and finally get above .500

Last edited:
Should get the W tonight, but you never know with the Wizards.

I'll be able to check them out on Friday and it hasn't been too bad following their games on League Pass.

I hope Ernie doesn't screw things up at the trade deadline.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom