Washington Wizards 2013 - 2014 Season Thread - Thanks for a great season!

Where will the Washington Wizards finish this season?

• Out of the playoffs.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • In 8th place.

• In 7th place.

• In 6th place.

• In 5th place.

• I'm delusional and believe the Wizards will finish in 4th place or higher.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jeff Green the past 6 games: 6/15, 2/10, 4/16, 4/12, 4/11, and 5/15. I sit him in fantasy and he's 12/24 with 7 threes, including the one to tie it up near the end.
mean.gif
 Let's see if they can get things done in OT.

Did they seriously just give Nene that exact same shot he bricked a minute ago?

Two timeouts, two game winning situations, and that's what you come up with?  

Can we please get Lionel Hollins in here already?

I'm so annoyed that I watched that game.

Our upcoming schedule is brutal.. we aren't gonna have another chance at .500 for a while. Think I'm gonna take a break from watching this godforsaken team

Wall on the last shot? Why? I know his jumper is better, but damn.

So much for me saying "the next 5 are winnable."

These cats can't get over .500. It's mental now.

Also, why was Beal sitting?

DT43: agreed.

Last edited:
damn jeff green and his hometown advantage 
mean.gif

still not .500 and 5 straight games on the road

Team is all talk. This team is more fun to watch and better than any Wizards team in recent memory, but I really think they're on the road to being a lesser version of the 08-12 Hawks teams :smh:

Mi
What's up w/ Beal?

I hope he isn't still hurt.
minute restriction

This team is just mentally weak. They just do not bring it night in night out and get outplayed by casts of no names off effort alone. Jeff Green is everything the Wizards need at the small forward position, our lack of athleticism at that spot is a glaring weakness. Ariza is literally like watching someone in quicksand, he can't shake anyone to save his life

And I don't know what annoys me more, John Wall's unnecessary fancy behind the back blown fast breaks or Nene's anvil dropping on the rim jumpshots

I been asking for Jeff for three years now. Not at almost 10 mil a year tho.

I don't think we lack athleticism at the 3. Ariza and Webster may be slightly above average in that department. Maybe moreso in their younger days but still not too bad. They just aren't good off the bounce.

None of our wings are. Beal has gotten better off the dribble but he's still got ways to go. The team needs another wing who can put the ball on the floor and create.

Looking at the list of FA's this summer. Not too many guys fit that mold. The two guys who do sort of fit that mold are Stuckey...and ironically enough Jordan Crawford. Hopefully, they can dangle Ariza to some teams and try to get something back.

It's getting tiresome watch everyone else just stand around and wait for Wall to create something. Both Ariza and Webster are only effective when spotting up. 

When Garrett Temple is arguably the second best player on your roster at creating their own shot...you have a serious problem.

Last edited:
Don't let Jeff Green fool you. This is how his whole career has gone.

He'll do this once every 10 games or so and have people thinking he's legit. Then he'll go ghost and people will forget about him. Then he'll have a big game again, and people will say "Damn that Jeff Green has potential man, he just has to put it together" not realizing that dude is already 27 years old and this is basically his MO

When you actually look at the stats, he isn't playing any better than Ariza (and is a worse defender). No thanks, let some other team overpay for him

Last edited:

He'll do this once every 10 games or so and have people thinking he's legit. Then he'll go ghost and people will forget about him. Then he'll have a big game again, and people will say "Damn that Jeff Green has potential man, he just has to put it together" not realizing that dude is already 27 years old and this is basically his MO

When you actually look at the stats, he isn't playing any better than Ariza (and is a worse defender). No thanks, let some other team overpay for him
This. As a fantasy owner I know how frustrating he can be since he can't string together good games. I was shocked when I heard KG said Green could end up as one of the best of all time. He needs to be more consistent and stop fading into the background and instead be more aggressive.

Repped. Was just about to say the same thing.

we had so many chances to win the game last night.

Green's 3 to tie it though :x :x
Wall had 2 steals near the end of the game that could have given us a lead and completely blew the break.
The Nene final shot :lol: i would rather have had him take it to the rim in that situation then settle for that jumper

Every time we have a game where i think "we got this" we find a way to lose it. The Celtics were coming off a tough game against miami....no rondo and we still find a way to lose

PHX, Utah, GS, LAC, OKC, POR, SA

That's our next 7.

We're in trouble.

Is there anyway the Knicks consider a Maynor for Udrih swap?

That's our next 7.

We're in trouble.

:smh:

I mean, I don't think I expected them to end the season above. 500, but seeing them play on the road like they have and then come so close to .500+ so many times only to fail is just infuriating.

That's our next 7.

We're in trouble.

:x

we better beat utah....CP will be out when we play the clips right? Maybe we catch them on an off night? And i think we have a shot vs phx again if they have an off night.

3 Wins at best.....1 is what im expecting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom