Washington Wizards 2013 - 2014 Season Thread - Thanks for a great season!

Where will the Washington Wizards finish this season?

• Out of the playoffs.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • In 8th place.

• In 7th place.

• In 6th place.

• In 5th place.

• I'm delusional and believe the Wizards will finish in 4th place or higher.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea...next time we see Nene will be during the 14-15 season.

Booker/Seraphin have to step it up. I don't care if Nene is out...last thing I want this team to have is excuses as to why the wheels fell off. There is enough talent on this roster to finish the season at .500. Losing Nene will hurt, but as they say in football...next man up. I'm still optimistic.

they're saying torn ligament on Twitter :x

this makes me despise Jan Vesely even more, ZERO development from him and now he's gone when we need length. We're stuck with undersized Booker now
What if Grunfeld hadn't drafted a complete bust in that draft (2 busts actually)..What if we had actually gotten a solid young big like Vucevic or Faried (and there's a chance we might have made the same mistake again on the 2013 draft..) Instead our #6 draft pick is on his way out of the league, and the team has been reliant on the most injury prone big man in the league. Greg Oden and Andrew Bynum are gonna play more games than Nene this year

I think we will still finish out around .500, I saw a graphic showing that Washington has the easiest remaining schedule based on win%. But if Nene ends up being out for the season, this all but guarantees a quick first round exit on the playoffs

Last edited:
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 3m

After initial fears of a season-ending knee injury, Washington center Nene has suffered only a sprained left MCL, league source tells Yahoo.

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 1m

Nene is expected to be lost to the Wizards for four-to-six weeks, league source tells Yahoo.

Last edited:
Oh now he wants to come 
laugh.gif

4-6 weeks is better then months...but we know Nene will sit 6 weeks if not longer. I hope we sign gooden that would be a nice fill....too bad the clips just grabbed Glen Davis

4-6 weeks is better then months...but we know Nene will sit 6 weeks if not longer. I hope we sign gooden that would be a nice fill....too bad the clips just grabbed Glen Davis

I was actually just thinking that...I know Big Baby was bought out by the Magic, so was there any way we could have afforded him?

If the Clippers got him we def coulda afforded his salary, we arent as much over the cap as they are but we are close

4 in a row :pimp:

At least now we're beating the teams we're supposed to beat.. if we do that for the rest of the season we'll be in good shape

At least now we're beating the teams we're supposed to beat.. if we do that for the rest of the season we'll be in good shape

Yea but honestly what noise can we expect to make in the playoffs once we get there, out of all the seeds we can get, the only team we can actually win a series against is the raptors

the only team we can actually win a series against is the raptors
Yeah right.

Anybody that makes the playoffs that doesn't have to face Indy or Miami are capable of beating each other.

We could beat Toronto, Chicago, BK, Charlotte, and Atlanta...and they could beat us too

There's no real gap between any of those squads. Just look at ATL. They went from the 3 seed to 8th in just a few games. It's important for us to NOT fall below the 6th seed right now. I'm hoping we can finish 3rd. 

Last edited:
Yeah right.

Anybody that makes the playoffs that doesn't have to face Indy or Miami are capable of beating each other.

We could beat Toronto, Chicago, BK, Charlotte, and Atlanta...and they could beat us too

There's no real gap between any of those squads. Just look at ATL. They went from the 3 seed to 8th in just a few games. It's important for us to NOT fall below the 6th seed right now. I'm hoping we can finish 3rd. 

Yeah I think 3 seed is the ultimate goal. We should win the first round series against any of those teams because we have the best talent on roster (except maybe Toronto ) and I might be crazy but I think we could give Miami problems if wade is out or not quite right but I'm just glad we're playing well and I'm definitely going to a playoff game this year

Yea but honestly what noise can we expect to make in the playoffs once we get there, out of all the seeds we can get, the only team we can actually win a series against is the raptors
Actually I think the Raptors are the least likely team for us to beat (other than the obvious Miami/Indian). They've owned us for the past 3-4 years lol, and this season has been no different. They have a top 10 offense and defense, I definitely don't want to face them

I've been on message boards of other teams, and it looks like Toronto fans want to play us out of all the other playoff teams. But Bulls, Nets, Bobcats fans really don't want to play us. They think we have too much youth and speed

I think where we are is good. 4/5 matchup against Chicago.. only thing is I'd like to move up to 4 to get HCA. Bulls play defense but simply cannot score the ball, I think we'd have a good shot to beat them and advance. Hopefully Wall can carry us against them like Gilbert did in 05

But playing the Raptors would not be good imo, every time we face them Wittman plays right into their hands. Their strategy is to force us to shoot a bunch of low% long twos and stay out of the paint, and Wittman fails to realize that and adjust to it. Watch the same thing happen tonight :rolleyes

*Btw division winners are guaranteed a top 3 seed. So assuming Toronto maintains their huge lead over Brooklyn in the Atlantic divsion, Raptors are basically locked into the 3-spot.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure that's wrong. Division winners are guaranteed at least a 4th seed. If any 2nd place team in the other divisions has a better record than them, that other team gets the 3rd seed. So, it would be IND, MIA, possibly Wiz if they have a better record than TOR, then TOR in 4th (or whoever wins the Atlantic).

^My bad you're right, division leaders are guaranteed a top 4 seed.

It's possible that we can get catch the Raptors but I highly doubt it, unless they suffer a major injury. Plus they have all the tiebreakers over us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom