'We all suffer’: why San Francisco techies hate the city they transformed

Y'all gon have to chill with all the LA slander...

...but the worst I've seen gentrification is Washington, DC.
Yea the gentrification in DC will be a case study one day. The effort to scrub DC of any culture is crazy, and the disrespectful nature they are doing it is sad. I've thought about moving down south every single day...

Fam still live in hunters and Potrero
Yeah they making it nice
But still hood
I live 4-5 blocks from HP, white people are trickling in. They haven't gone deep in HP yet though, but they're starting to populate 3rd St.

Back on topic, there needs to be more treatment centers and housing.

I'm confused, the people renting or buying houses aren't setting the prices, so why do they get the blame?

Shouldn't the landlords/real estate industry in that area be scrutinized?

They only spike up the prices because they expect the "techies" to afford it. I have never been to L.A. and don't pretend to know the market out there.
Can someone break this down for me?

Whos living in those building in Skid Row though? Any other place in the US that's abandoned housing and the city would never allow this.

Camden & other places that are terrible don't even look like this.

I'm confused, the people renting or buying houses aren't setting the prices, so why do they get the blame?

Shouldn't the landlords/real estate industry in that area be scrutinized?

They only spike up the prices because they expect the "techies" to afford it. I have never been to L.A. and don't pretend to know the market out there.
Can someone break this down for me?

The aftermath of govt bailouts of banks, QE 1,2,3, Operation Twist, FED Reserve low interest rates, Stock buybacks from Corporations...etc
If Markets aren't allowed to naturally fall, there will only be the Haves & Have Nots.

I lived in SM - it’s nothing compared to Skidrow man. Venice is even 2x worse.

Yea Venice is pretty horrible in some areas. Absolutely no offense to my asian/ Indian brothers but I’ve never seen an Asian/Indian homeless person until I came to LA. There’s none in the Milwaukee/ Chicago area.

being born and raised in SF i hate to see what the city has become to the point where when it came to buying a house i couldnt afford it ended up moving to the east bay

Yea, yall gonna have to explain this. Y’all got HUMAN feces on your streets?
Yeah, man. Homeless in SF will pop a squat wherever they chose to.

The Embarcadero BART station is always closed due to the continuous cleaning of the elevators. So gross.

i used to commute to SF, i'm so glad i don't have to anymore. All you hear about homelessness is true.

Taking BART in general is disgusting. In the morning you have homeless folks sleeping in the train and WILL CLEAR OUT A WHOLE TRAIN due to the smell and even worst when it rains. Bart Stations reeks of piss and homeless folks sleeping. You see this more in the Early AM when Bart Police wakes them up and kick them out. The Powell Station is one of the most disgusting station ever. I used to literally come home and shower before i do anything just the fact i have to sit in bart seats or stand.

Then you have the beggars and some of them just dont give a ****.

https://amp.theguardian.com/cities/...ch-workers-industry?__twitter_impression=true

Techie gentrifiers now crying about being scared of the increasing amount of homeless folks and other problems that they caused themselves. These smug selfish tech bros complaining that a city they forcibly gentrified is now too "BORING" for them and they still paying $4-5k in rent while fearing for their lives and safety after leaving their startup offices. I really am wishing my hometown implodes because they are the poster child for gentrification in this nation. Other cities see the problems SF has and will think twice about the housing market and gentrification
Meh....
I will say that SFC females got less attractive. San Jo wimminz >

https://amp.theguardian.com/cities/...ch-workers-industry?__twitter_impression=true

Techie gentrifiers now crying about being scared of the increasing amount of homeless folks and other problems that they caused themselves. These smug selfish tech bros complaining that a city they forcibly gentrified is now too "BORING" for them and they still paying $4-5k in rent while fearing for their lives and safety after leaving their startup offices. I really am wishing my hometown implodes because they are the poster child for gentrification in this nation. Other cities see the problems SF has and will think twice about the housing market and gentrification

allow for more building of affordable housing, and build TALL.. problem solved.

idiots got a big NIMBY problem.

Yeah, man. Homeless in SF will pop a squat wherever they chose to.

The Embarcadero BART station is always closed due to the continuous cleaning of the elevators. So gross.
Working in SM, I've seen multiple homeless stop dead in their tracks, pull down their pants, and do their business right in the middle of a crowded sidewalk.

Working in SM, I've seen multiple homeless stop dead in their tracks, pull down their pants, and do their business right in the middle of a crowded sidewalk.

:sick: Live downtown in my city and still haven't gotten use to the sight of seeing so many homeless.

It's a red state, doubt they're doing **** for them.

allow for more building of affordable housing, and build TALL.. problem solved.

idiots got a big NIMBY problem.

Affordable housing yes. Build tall like NY? Don't think it will happen due to risk of earthquake.

EDIT: I just think there are other infrastructure issues to tackle first before building like TALL *** buildings. but i hear you

"I feel like San Francisco is between Seattle and New York, but rather than the best of both, it’s the worst of both"

:lol: not even close.

Back
Top Bottom