WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - D&W OUT NOW - Doomsday = RDJ back

But all that being said is it wrong to want more? Is it unfair to ask for a studio to let its franchises reach for artistic heights outside of the rules of the kingdom when the material warrants it? Is the pressure over box office performance severely limiting what is possible with these characters? Make no mistake; there is no disputing this is clearly one of Marvel’s better efforts. And, yes, attempting to break from the expected shackles of a lineage of other origin movies is difficult, but you still feel the formula straining at the core of “Doctor Strange.” And at this point, we simply can no longer grade this picture – or any other superhero movie for that matter – on a curve.

Critic echoing my thoughts. I get it though, and i'm still all in.

That's what's so crazy about the standards Marvel has set. The overall tone of the review just sounds so negative but in the same article they say that it was 'one of Marvel's better efforts'

Honestly if we turn our critic brain off, these movies are all amazing as ****. We're just spoiled, but that's human nature.

Honestly think marvel is truly done with origin movies. They probably only did it again with Strange because Feige is such a fanboy. Lol

Critics sounding like an angry girlfriend who got what she wanted but is mad you gave it to her with an attitude :rolleyes

Marvel brought Stephen Strange to life on the big screen. That alone is amazing.

Last I checked Captain Marvel is confirmed an origin movie.

To me that's just for obvious reasons. Plus it's a good creative opportunity to do something a bit different and nuanced with an origin they'll be partially forming from scratch. Like it can end up being generic like many others but still good or they can be aiming for Iron Man and Spider-Man memorable origin which is a high bar but worth aiming for.

With heroes like Captain Marvel and Dr. Strange an origin film is obviously necessary, because the average person on the street doesn't know their histories well enough to avoid doing one, especially when there has never been a previous attempt to do one. Some people honestly act as if all heroes are operating at Batman and Superman levels of popularity, where in any form of media you could easily stumble across their origin story. Hell, even Iron Man, Thor, and Captain America's origin films were absolutely necessary when the MCU was first starting and it was for the same reasons.

Origins aren't necessary. They're just easy stories to tell. But we are spoiled. Avengers 2 is an indicator of that. Avengers 2 was better than the first in every way but its pretty much considered to be weak

Maybe if there's a jokey I need a costume montage.

If it is the Ms. marvel costume should be in shiny latex and leather :lol: Make her look like a real dominatrix.

Last edited:
Looked kinda cool. Maybe less dorky if the shirt wasn't yellow. He should've kept the afro.

Last edited:
Strange villain better not be trash
Unfortunately thats what some are saying...a typical marvel villain. 

But if it ain't broke don't fix it, and i'm sure they're enjoying their funds right now...better character development for the protagonist rather than more development for the antagonist. I just hope they do Dormammu right.

Feige on Captain Marvel:

It’s very important to us that all of our heroes do not become silhouette-perfect cutout icons. All of the Marvel characters have flaws to them, all of them have a deep humanity to them. With Captain Marvel, she is as powerful a character as we’ve ever put in a movie. Her powers are off the charts, and when she’s introduced, she will be by far the strongest character we’ve ever had. It’s important, then, to counterbalance that with someone who feels real. She needs to have a humanity to tap into, and Brie can do that.

Those are strong words.

http://screenrant.com/captain-marvel-kevin-feige-strong-hero-director/

Back
Top Bottom