WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - D&W OUT NOW - Doomsday = RDJ back

Strange ain't got to carry This. It's a team effort. Downey wasn't carrying it. They all made it great.

Also, this trailer y'all. Man. Surreal that's it's here in 6 months. About to buy a grip of hot toys.

I'm dying that Jay made the IM2 thread :rofl:

I could see it as Strange + Star-Lord being the main guys and the films are cosmic/alien based

ANT-MAN AND THE WASP Star Evangeline Lilly Teases A Very Different Marvel Cinematic Universe After AVENGERS 4

"When I heard about Infinity War and the direction that they’re heading, I did have this moment of realizing, oh, wow, there’s a bit of a déjà vu for me with the Lost franchise," she teases. "We are hitting that [Lost] Season 4 space where everything’s about to shift, and you’re about to lose the solid ground underneath you. And [Ant-Man and the Wasp], of course, will play a part in that."

Just how much of a shift are we talking about? Well, it sounds like the MCU is about to get a whole lot quirkier as the Lilly points to the next Phase of Marvel movies post-Avengers 4 will be very different.

"Frankly, if it wasn’t Kevin at the helm, I think I would be very, very nervous to be losing these pillars and the people who paved a way for characters like the Wasp," the actress said, hinting at some big character losses in the two movies. "When he walked me through the general story arc of Infinity War, it dawned on me: oh, I understand now, we’re moving into this new Phase. The color of that new Phase can be clearly seen emerging through Ant-Man, Guardians of the Galaxy, and Thor: Ragnarok. It’s just a more colorful, more playful, heightened reality that we’re going to enter."

ANT-MAN AND THE WASP Star Evangeline Lilly Teases A Very Different Marvel Cinematic Universe After AVENGERS 4

"When I heard about Infinity War and the direction that they’re heading, I did have this moment of realizing, oh, wow, there’s a bit of a déjà vu for me with the Lost franchise," she teases. "We are hitting that [Lost] Season 4 space where everything’s about to shift, and you’re about to lose the solid ground underneath you. And [Ant-Man and the Wasp], of course, will play a part in that."

Just how much of a shift are we talking about? Well, it sounds like the MCU is about to get a whole lot quirkier as the Lilly points to the next Phase of Marvel movies post-Avengers 4 will be very different.

"Frankly, if it wasn’t Kevin at the helm, I think I would be very, very nervous to be losing these pillars and the people who paved a way for characters like the Wasp," the actress said, hinting at some big character losses in the two movies. "When he walked me through the general story arc of Infinity War, it dawned on me: oh, I understand now, we’re moving into this new Phase. The color of that new Phase can be clearly seen emerging through Ant-Man, Guardians of the Galaxy, and Thor: Ragnarok. It’s just a more colorful, more playful, heightened reality that we’re going to enter."

reading between the lines!!! :wow:

Can Marvel really move forward big picture wise without Fantastic Four and their attached villains?
Who says they are?
tumblr_n4x0z2j22l1soalt8o1_250.gif

The same could've been said about Steve when Cap1 came out. All it takes is one great movie.
Ehh Cap 1 came put during a time when the mcu was in its infancy and they were trying to figure out what worked. They had mixed results with Iron Man being great. Cap 1 was solid, but not great. Thor was so so. And as for the Incredible Hulk, that was the poorest performing mcu film I believe and they haven't made a sequel since.

Dr Strange came out during a time when the mcu has hit its stride. The movie was solidly made, more solidly made than Cap 1 was, but the character appeal isn't there, at least for me.

They can try to run it back with a Strange sequel but I don't think he'd get any more popular.

I'd love to see Masters of Evil form after A4, that could be the next group of baddies, each solo film gets a villain instead of killing them they could be combined into a group for A5.

How about Squadron Supreme?

Maybe Beyonder setting up a Secret War but that might be too similar to Civil War?

Back
Top Bottom