WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - D&W OUT NOW - Doomsday = RDJ back

Two Major Marvel Characters Have Been Confirmed To Appear In AVENGERS 4 Alongside Some Returning Favorites

Talking about what's to come in Avengers 4 from the set of the movie, Scarlett Johansson confirmed that Captain Marvel will be sharing scenes with both Black Widow and The Incredible Hulk.

"We have Brie Larson on this film. She’s here before shooting the stand-alone Captain Marvel movie so we get to watch her get her feet wet for real. She’s so great, but a really cute thing happened the other day where Hulk is standing next to her and Joe Russo told her to put her hand in front of Mark [Ruffalo]’s face to stop him, and she’s like, “In front of his face?” And they explained, “that’s where his chest is,” and she looks up and yells, “I’m new! I’m new!” I’m like, “damn, girl.” It’s very surreal for me to watch these new cast members come in and get their feet wet and breath new life into these characters who are so iconic. I feel a lot of joy for the next generation. It’s a bittersweet feeling but overall it’s a positive one. I feel good about the work we’ve done and the work I’ve done."

So, it sounds like we're definitely getting a passing of the torch. That includes Spider-Man and while we know the wall-crawler will show up in Avengers: Infinity War, there's been some conflicting reports about Avengers 4 and whether or not we'll see him there next or Spider-Man: Homecoming 2.

"I’ve been hugely impressed by Tom Holland and the way he’s handled the transition," Chris Hemsworth says, confirming Spidey's role in Avengers 4 as well as Infinity War. "I didn’t look that comfortable on my first three films. Literally, this is my sixth film and I’m finally feeling like I may be allowed to stick around and stay here. He just came in and had such an ease to his performance."

ROGUE ONE Actor Ben Mendelsohn's Villainous CAPTAIN MARVEL Role May Have Been Revealed

The recent news that Jude Law had been cast as Mar-Vell in the upcoming Captain Marvel movie came with confirmation that Ben Mendelsohn (Rogue One, Bloodline, Animal Kingdom) had signed on as the baddie, and now we may know which Marvel Comics character he'll be suiting up as.

According to That Hashtag Show, Mendelsohn will play tyrannical Kree officer, Yon-Rogg. In the comics, Rogg was originally an enemy of Mar-Vell's who kidnapped Carol Danvers in an effort to draw out his former crew-mate. Their subsequent battle resulted in Danvers gaining her powers.

The Russo Brothers Know Which Characters They're Allowed To Kill Off In AVENGERS 4

During a recent chat with Vanity Fair, Anthony Russo was quick to point out that he and his brother are "not participating in any thought whatsoever about what happens after these movies" but that doesn't mean they're not shaping what comes next. In fact, the filmmakers are well aware that they can bring some stories to an end in these movies.

As a result, their plans are going to include some big character deaths. "So we know who we’reallowed to kill, and that’s about it. I don’t even think Marvel had any ideas about where they would go after [3 and 4]. It’s not an end for all of these characters; it’s an end for some of these characters. So some of these characters will go on. So it’s more complicated, that’s why it’s not a clean ending."

While it's obviously going to be a shame to say goodbye to everyone from Captain America to Iron Man and Black Widow, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 director James Gunn believes it's about time that Marvel brings a permanent end to some heroes in order to prove that this world does have stakes.

"I think part of that is also the natural evolution of the series. You can’t keep making movies that are too similar. You can’t make the same movie over and over again. If Marvel is going to survive, they have to start making movies with characters who are a little different. They have to start allowing characters to die. They have to start having stakes really mean something if they want people to stay interested."
That's a fair point but death is a lot more permanent than just rebooting with a new actor!

Marvel hasn't made a Hulk sequel because Universal (which holds distribution rights) won't play ball with Marvel/Disney.
I understand this. But you got to think that Universal would be willing to play ball if that Hulk movie reaped enough money

I think what happened is Universal tried one Hulk movie once in 2003 and that was a box office disappointment, and they tried again with Marvel Studios in 2008 and that wasn't much better, box office wise. It doesn't make enough financial sense for both parties to pursue a third time

I understand this. But you got to think that Universal would be willing to play ball if that Hulk movie reaped enough money

I think what happened is Universal tried one Hulk movie once in 2003 and that was a box office disappointment, and they tried again with Marvel Studios in 2008 and that wasn't much better, box office wise. It doesn't make enough financial sense for both parties to pursue a third time
Sure, I think they understand the financial side of it. But they probably want Vin Diesel to play Hulk to reap MORE benefits lmao

DC is a mess top to bottom

Was just reading on how wb didn't want to move the release date and the vfx ppl wanted more time to finish up the vfx on the reshoots. And how the wb exec mandated a 2 hr time limit which made it harder to put together the movie. Also the ppl who put together the vfx for when Snyder shot was different than the ppl who put together the vfx for Whedon. So on and so on. It's just sad man

DC is a mess top to bottom

Was just reading on how wb didn't want to move the release date and the vfx ppl wanted more time to finish up the vfx on the reshoots. And how the wb exec mandated a 2 hr time limit which made it harder to put together the movie. Also the ppl who put together the vfx for when Snyder shot was different than the ppl who put together the vfx for Whedon. So on and so on. It's just sad man

Man it’s a tragedy. They literally have 2 of the most pivotal and influential characters in CB history and pop culture.

Damn... Thor Ragnarok is sitting just under $800 million right now. Hasn’t quite been a month yet. I wonder if it’ll hit $850 or $900 by the end of the year.

As far as DC, I think they still have a shot without rebooting IF they start focusing on making some of the best CBMs they can possibly make. They can’t get away with average anymore.

Marvel Studios has made at least 1.4 billion in the box office every year since 2012.

Homecoming, Thor, BP and IW are likely to all clear 800 mil, so over that period that's at least 3.2 bil. Damn.

I'd love to see Masters of Evil form after A4, that could be the next group of baddies, each solo film gets a villain instead of killing them they could be combined into a group for A5.

I'd like that. Build up to a villain squad like they did with Avengers. That'll be genius.

X-Men: The Animated Series Showrunner Reveals Season 6 Idea

Speaking to SYFY WIRE, The Animated Seriesshowrunner Eric Lewald opened up about where he would have taken a sixth season of the iconic Saturday morning cartoon:

“I had honestly never thought about it for all these years, but now that you mention it, an idea for a season just came to me.”
“Season 6 could open, months later, with the X-Men in disarray – a few gone, the ones remaining at each other’s throats. They miss their leader. Then somehow they are called to – and transported to – an existential crisis on Lilandra’s distant world. The team grudgingly reunites ‘for Charles,’ heads off to space, solves the crisis, and a somehow-healed Charles Xavier is either able to return to Earth with them or, if he can’t, his heroic final sacrifice heals the team’s wounds and they return to Earth as the proper X-Men again.”

Back
Top Bottom