WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - D&W OUT NOW - Doomsday = RDJ back

I read that Vanity Fair article.

You let Favreau and Ari tell it, they were effing around with that first post credit scene. And everyone was just concerned with making good movies and being able to make enough money to make another one. Literally no one outside of Feige understood they were working towards the Avengers until the Avengers started filming :lol:

Black Panther Japanese poster. Baraku Pansa

unnamed.jpg

I'll rewatch all the movies too. See if there's anything I missed. I hope Chris Evans stays on as Cap too, not because it's Cap and I don't want Bucky, I just want to see Sebastian Stan as a young Luke Skywalker.....make it happen Disney!

The IW trailer is about to have more comments than the JL trailer has likes

Sheesh

Interesting read about how it all started

http://www.criticalhit.net/entertainment/marvel-cinematic-universe-exists-hugh-jackmans-hair/

Feige has traditionally been rather coy about how he found himself running one of the best performing movie studios in history, not because he’s especially secretive, but rather just because he doesn’t think it’s a very interesting story to tell. Well, I beg to differ, especially since the producer revealed that it was one moment way back in 2000 involving the hair of a certain fan-favourite X-Men character that would actually put him in line to eventually running the show and launching the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

In a nutshell, Feige was never a hardcore comic book geek. He read them and enjoyed them, but his true passion was making movies. Despite facing rejection multiple times, he would eventually get into film school and this led to a college internship with legendary director Richard Donner and his producer wife Laura Shuler Donner. When both needed a full-time assistant, Feige knew this could be a golden opportunity if he chose right. As the director of classics like Superman and Lethal Weapon, Richard Donner was the more high-profile pick and one of Feige’s idols, but Laura Shuler Donner was “the busier of the two” and would expose Feige to a lot more as a producer. He went with the latter – it would be the right move.

Read Your guide to the current state of Wolverine
Working for Fox, Donner was the producer on the Bryan Singer-directed first X-Men movie back in 2000 – X-Men being one of the many lucrative film rights that Marvel Comics had sold off to various film studios to help stave off bankruptcy in the 90s. Marvel’s first proper steps into regaining some control of their characters on-screen had come a few years earlier with the creation of Marvel Studios by Avi Arad, the former CEO of ToyBiz, whose company also helped Marvel in its darkest financial period. Marvel Studios wasn’t even close to making their own movies at this point though, but they were trying to at least have some hand in how other studios were handling their characters, which is why Arad found himself on-set during the early production days for X-Men alongside Donner and her assistant Feige.

X-Men_HughJackman.jpg

Bryan Singer’s vision for the X-Men was a rather controversial one, trying to get rid of its comic book-ness as much as possible. Everybody knows about Singer ditching the characters’ colourful costumes for their black leather getups in the movies, but he reportedly even banned his cast from reading the comics on-set. This type of aversion to the source material apparently didn’t sit well with Feige. As Donner and Arad would witness, Feige gave a particular hairstylist assigned to actor Hugh Jackman hell over the actor’s hair. Traditionally in the comics, Jackman’s mega-popular character Wolverine sported this weird, owl-like swept up hair-cut that seemingly matched his costume’s mask, and Feige was insisting that the exasperated stylist do the same.

The stylist “eventually went ‘Fine!’ and did a ridiculous version,” Feige recalls. “If you go back and look at it,” he admits, “he’s got big-*** hair in that first movie. But that’s Wolverine!” The experience stuck with Feige. “I never liked the idea that people weren’t attempting things because of the potential for them to look silly,” he says. “Anything in a comic book has the potential to look silly. That doesn’t mean you shouldn’t try to make it look cool.”
The experience didn’t just stick with Feige though, it also left a huge impression on Arad. The veteran producer was so impressed by Feige’s passion for those comic book details that he hired the young man in a special position that basically involved Feige going around to all the various Hollywood studios that Marvel had sold their cinematic rights to, and monitor/advise these studios on how best to depict these Marvel properties. Unfortunately for Feige, he was often ignored, resulting in poorly received films like Daredevil and Ang Lee’s Hulk.

AviArad_KevinFeige.jpg

But Arad still had faith in Feige, and especially the idea he had of doing in movies what comics had been doing for decades: Crossovers. Not one for really working in a big team, Arad would step down as the head of Marvel Studios as soon as he eventually acquired the finances to have the studio built up enough create their own films. He knew there was only one person to handover to. Feige was just 33 years old when he took the reins of Marvel Studios.

A short while later, the studios’ first film – the Jon Favreau directed adaptation of B-List hero Iron Man, starring ex-Hollywood pariah Robert Downey Jr. – launched to massive critical and commercial success. Nobody outside of Feige, Arad and a few others had thought it would be possible. Even more importantly, Samuel L. Jackson’s Nick Fury showing up at the end of the film’s credits to talk about “the Avengers Initiative” – another of Feige’s soon-to-be industry standard ideas because he didn’t want the distraction during the film – would send fans in a frenzy with the potential of seeing several of their favourite superheroes sharing one movie. It was a gamble Feige had taken, planting the first seed of an incredibly ambitious plan unlike anything the world had ever seen, and it had paid off massively. And as he lined up the next few filmmakers and their movies, the rest would be history. And all because he wanted Hugh Jackman to have silly hair.

Last edited:
why are you so obsessed with DC failure?

I imagine you refreshing every 5 minutes to get an update on how many views it got and continually countdown the second it surpasses anything JL

all these great positive things Marvel has given us and you choose to focus on the negative from others

move on bro, you probably still haven't seen JL either

I don't block people because everyone provides something to the thread (to an extent).

But is it really better to even mention DC in a MARVEL thread? And yeah it wasn't posted in the DC thread but you still mentioned DC in a MARVEL thread.

And on a movie you have not seen yet? I mean you may end up liking it. Hell Zik didn't even hate it so it isn't all bad.

Yeah the link was about Marvel yet you mentioned DC still and don't even try some BS because you ninja edited that, the link wasn't in the original post.

People are interested in train wrecks and the stories behind them in general, it's like it's own genre. Doesn't mean they WANT to see it fail.

I disagree, when they haven't even bothered to see the film then it does seem like they want it to fail. And when dude literally counts the seconds that a tweet about IW is about to surpass JL and count that as a negative, or count every views and just wait til another tops is so you can point and laugh? Then what are they really trying to project?

Counting views isn't even about JLs trainwreck or any story behind them at all. :lol: Like is it even a surprise that an IW trailer which Disney dangle to everyone for months would ge tmore views or comments or whatever than a trailer that was shown from the get go?

When someone is sitting in the theater and says "the theater is empty for JL, what a time to be alive" then it sounds like they want it to fail.

I see wanting to see a trainwreck but again when good sh*t are actually out there and actually discussed, why unnecessarily bring it down?

I just don't get it, Marvel delivered so much awesomeness and great feeling and someone still wants to dig around and find something so negative?

Last edited:
I wanted to add the link

:rolleyes

Also the fact of the matter is it's less about any obsession you feel I have about DC than just my fascination with the attention the IW trailer is getting

I mean, yesterday I was comparing the amount of likes IW trailer was gathering to TFA trailer and even the CW trailer. You had nothing to say.

Today I compared it to the JL trailer and all of a sudden I'm obsessed with DC

Give me a break b

Anyway, back before I was so rudely inerrupted.

How do you guys feel about the link I posted? According to the writer, the mcu wouldn't exist if it weren't for Hugh Jackman's hair :nerd:

I wanted to add the link

:rolleyes

Also the fact of the matter is it's less about any obsession you feel I have about DC than just my fascination with the attention the IW trailer is getting

I mean, yesterday I was comparing the amount of likes IW trailer was gathering to TFA trailer and even the CW trailer. You had nothing to say.

Today I compared it to the JL trailer and all of a sudden I'm obsessed with DC

Give me a break b

First, I didn't see you comparing those yesterday because the thread was getting bumps and posts get buried, I don't always go back.

Second, that last post I replied to because it just so happens that there's no crowd right now and I actually read it.

Third, yes you are obsessed with DC because you've posted so much in the DCEU thread and about JL and everything negative about it without seeing the film and you continually also post those dumb stats here.

Fourth, many can attest here for your many posts in the DCEU. Hell at least the other posters has seen the film.

Fifth, you must be the only one fascinated or surprised by the attention IW is getting. I mean if you didn't think this was going to be this big after the leaked trailer from D23/SDCC, constant leaks and teases and dragging it and giving everyone blue balls... then you're just lying to yourself :lol: You are here, everyone is here to witness all of these and yet you are surprised? I mean really? I'd understand it if you weren't posting here everyday and been absent for years and had no clue what Marvel is but saying anything is otherwise a lie :rofl:

And sixth, you were not rudely interrupted :lol:

I disagree, when they haven't even bothered to see the film then it does seem like they want it to fail.

I think it's a big jump from not seeing a film to wanting it to fail

Personally, I'm conflicted.. film fails, and that discourages other properties from being made.. but a course correction is needed, which will also come as a result of failure to some degree

I think it's a big jump from not seeing a film to wanting it to fail

I mean you got to read the whole post and the person posting overall and his history. Isolating that sentence then yeah it sounds like a reach.

At least go see it first before talking trash about it, make up your own mind because as I said, you may end up liking it like others here who usually hates DC did.

I mean you got to read the whole post and the person posting overall and his history. Isolating that sentence then yeah it sounds like a reach.

At least go see it first before talking trash about it, make up your own mind because as I said, you may end up liking it like others here who usually hates DC did.

I mean I'll watch eventually when it gets on hbo or Netflix or something.. I ain't going to the movies to watch

I mean I'll watch eventually when it gets on hbo or Netflix or something.. I ain't going to the movies to watch

I haven't seen you talk trash about JL though and we've often butt heads but for the most part you talk about BvS or MoS. You know if if it becomes excess that I'd say something like with your views on Fox films :lol:

in the end it's all love over here, never hated anyone here and Amels cool for the most part

but anyways, let's move on

I just turned on Iron Man 1 8)

Likely gon' be watching Shape of Water tonight so IM1 will have to wait over the weekend.

Back
Top Bottom