WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - D&W OUT NOW - Doomsday = RDJ back

So we're all skipping Thor 3 right? I know where I'll be the evening of 4/26

marvelrecaptimeline.png

I can't believe someone said Marvel didn't have an iconic score. This theme is one of the greatest. Gets me so pumped.

Black Panther from his solo film, the new suit with the glow from the kinetic energy
And Killmonger in the gold black panther suit, both come with alternate head sculpts.

where was this energy before black panther doe?

I've felt that way way before Black Panther. I'm honestly not even sure what the point of asking why people weren't asking for something they have every right to ask for before is. It's a valid question. Are you pointing out that the success of Black Panther gave other groups the idea that they could have the same thing? Of course, but that goes without saying.

So who cares about where the energy came from as long as it's heading in the right direction. Don't sit back and bask in the glory of Black Panther, then question the validity of other underrepresented groups looking for the same thing. That's corny, especially considering Blacks and Latinos are in the same boat.

And I'm Black and Puerto Rican, if that matters.

where was this energy before black panther doe?

dawg your acting like this is a dis to BP or black people, it's totally reasonable for person seeing black people have all this fun, to be like where's mines at?

if anything it just shows how powerful the BP film is, making other groups of people demand better representation.

it's pretty wack that the most latin these movies have eve gotten is a couple montages in Ant-Man.

Gamora is an alien but Zoe Saldana is Puerto Rican/Dominican. Ghost Rider in Agents of Shield is Mexican, Darwin from First Class is supposed to be Latino.

The closest Latinos have now is Miles Morales, half Black/half PR. Although I think it's lame that they made him from Brooklyn. Spider-Man will always be from Queens, FOH Marvel.

I'm Dominican, I like the idea of a superhero that Latinos can look up to but will it ever feel right? Latinos are too diverse. It'll turn into "well, we have a Mexican hero", "now we need a Puerto Rican hero", "now we need a Colombian hero".

Last edited:
Nova should have been integrated in GotG someway, wasn't he hispanic or at least half?

I've felt that way way before Black Panther. I'm honestly not even sure what the point of asking why people weren't asking for something they have every right to ask for before is. It's a valid question. Are you pointing out that the success of Black Panther gave other groups the idea that they could have the same thing? Of course, but that goes without saying.

So who cares about where the energy came from as long as it's heading in the right direction. Don't sit back and bask in the glory of Black Panther, then question the validity of other underrepresented groups looking for the same thing. That's corny, especially considering Blacks and Latinos are in the same boat.

And I'm Black and Puerto
Rican, if that matters.
So you’re Miles? :nerd::lol:

but it doesnt go without saying

what goes without saying is that anytime people see black people have anything they want to take it

their representation is their fight but theyre basing it on BP and not the other million marvel movies made

and its not a diss to black people per se but i see it as demeaning in that BP had to be the movie that now they demand representation

but it doesnt go without saying

what goes without saying is that anytime people see black people have anything they want to take it

their representation is their fight but theyre basing it on BP and not the other million marvel movies made

and its not a diss to black people per se but i see it as demeaning in that BP had to be the movie that now they demand representation
I think maybe you're looking at it in the wrong way. I don't think people asking for this off the success of BP is demeaning, it's just the biggest example we have yet of an underrepresented group really getting the representation that they deserve and were asking for. This is the natural reaction. No one's trying to take away or demean Black Panther's success or say 'y'all gave them this, what about us.' That's a bit of a leap for me.

People have been making these claims for decades. Black Panther reignited the conversation.

Back
Top Bottom