WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - D&W OUT NOW - Doomsday = RDJ back

I quoted a bunch of replies as I read through the thread and now they're gone. Oh well.

I loved it. Yeah, the snap and the disappearances are a little iffy considering we already know Black Panther and Spider-Man have sequels coming and we can all assume they would be taking place after IW, but oh well. They ended the biggest Marvel movie of all time by killing off several characters and with the bad guy watching his sunset as he achieves victory. Even if they erase the "deaths" and they call come back, it still stands as an incredible moment that had people gasping in theaters.

I think the Thor and Rocket side mission took you out of it a little bit, but the pairings, comedy, and moments we got from that made it well worth it. Rocket and Thor make a great combo, Thor having his emotional moment really landed, him taking all the power of the star to create his new weapon, it had a ton of great stuff. Thor is lowkey the MVP of this movie, he was incredible.

Thanos really helped bridge the gap between the stories and teams. His interactions with Thor, then the other half of the Guardians team, then back on Titan, finally going to Wakanda, it made the story and movie feel more unified. I loved how they were able to naturally group these heroes together and how great the interactions were between them all. Thor and Starlord, Iron Man and Strange, were the standouts.

Thanos was better than expected. Say what you will about his motivations, but it worked for this movie and Brolin did a great job as well as the CGI was unbelievable. Everything from the small details and emotions to his strength on display, like when he worked Hulk something serious.

I need to see it again just for a few moments in particular, BW and Okoye and SW teaming up was a great scene, Thor coming into the Wakandian battle had my audience cheering, Iron Man and Spiderman at the end, their plan against Thanos, Red Skull showing back up, and of course, The Snap. The movie looked so good in IMAX, I'm unsure of watching it in any other format.

Reactions: ARK
Still shocked how Strange was so damn awesome. I didn’t expect that at all. What we didn’t get from Hulk we got with him. Dude was working them hands/ spells :lol:
It seems like damn near everyone can learn a lil magic. Strange just has genius intellect even before learning the arts so he’s a beast.

I’d like to see the footage of him casting the spells without CGI for the laughs.

So Ant-Man takes place right after Civil War (like BP) so nothing from Infinity War should be addressed.
Correct. But maybe a post-credit scene or two?

I'd like to believe there would be some connection since this movie and Capt. Marvel are the next movies before A4.

Realized that Stark didn't use any of the flying panels that we've seen in promo art and toys.

I feel like Capt. Marvel was off deep in space or trapped somewhere for 2 and a half decades a la Captain America. Would be stupid if she was just laying back while dozens of cataclysmic events were taking place.

Would be surprised if she was also trapped in the quantum realm :nerd:

I feel like Capt. Marvel was off deep in space or trapped somewhere for 2 and a half decades a la Captain America. Would be stupid if she was just laying back while dozens of cataclysmic events were taking place.

Would be surprised if she was also trapped in the quantum realm :nerd:

this is something they are going to have to reasonably and convincingly explain. If she wasn't there in N.Y with airship sized aliens flying through the portal, then don't bother calling her at all. That was an urgent situation, when Fury was gathering his 'exceptional people'.

this is something they are going to have to reasonably and convincingly explain. If she wasn't there in N.Y with airship sized aliens flying through the portal, then don't bother calling her at all. That was an urgent situation, when Fury was gathering his 'exceptional people'.
Yup.

In terms of stakes the Chitari invading NYC is only second to Thanos ******* **** up.

He must’ve just linked back up with her.

CM is lost in space and out of contact in her solo (like Cap in TFA) and A4 starts with her pager going off...and she answers it

During the after credits scene, one dude yelled out "YESSS, NICK FURY AH HA HA" when he disappeared. This dude HATED Fury and couldn't hold it in.

Just saw something on another forum regarding the Doctor Strange time stone thing...Inside his movie the ancient one told him that nobody can use the eye of agamotto to see beyond their own death...This would infer that the people who ashed out aren’t dead? Since he clearly used it to see beyond what was depicted in this film...Trapped in the realm of the soul stone, sent to another universe, or just an error in canon? Discuss...

Damn! :wow:

Imagine if the half of the universe that dissapeared was just sent to a new universe!? Let's say the movie is 5 years after IW, the characters that got sent to the new universe can be shown established in the new Universe as the New Avengers under Fury. A4 could still be about bringing down Thanos in the main universe, and phase 4 can be about trying to bring the universes back together.

Imagine Spider Man 2 and Black Panther 2 are just stories told in the new alternate universe? That would be crazy... Russos did say this movie was going to change the movies for years to come.. this could be a good way to do it, and bring focus to something new now that the Infinity Stones story has already been told.

A good way to have each universe have their heroes and whats going on in their own movies don't overlap so much. Original Avengers can have their stories and the New Avengers can have theirs without you always thinking what was so and so doing during this one characters movie?

The next BIG EVENT movie could be the final movie of phase 4, where they bring the universes back together as 1.

Back
Top Bottom