WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - D&W OUT NOW - Doomsday = RDJ back

Mannnnn...y'all don't luh me dawg. Y'all not my fam. You had me out here looking silly sleeping on gotg 2.

Fam...easily one of the best marvel movies I've seen. Enjoyed as much as IW honestly. The feels. Omg. I didn't feel **** really watching errbody get smoked in IW...but Guardians 2....my god...I teared up hellllllla times. Quill relationship with pops...gamora and cyborg bae...mantis and drax love story. Blue Man group Meryl with the sacrifice. Rocket one of the goat characters. If we don't get a rocket Groot and Thor...a rocket Groot and blue face whistle game would've been beyond goat.

Fam....movie was so fire. Dope story. Dope action. God mode Quill. Green bae. Cyborg bae. Laser face is a metaphor :rofl:.

Last edited:
Mannnnn...y'all don't luh me dawg. Y'all not my fam. You had me out here looking silly sleeping on gotg 2.

Fam...easily one of the best marvel movies I've seen. Enjoyed as much as I WOULD honestly. The feels. Omg. I didn't feel **** really watching errbody get smoked in IW...but Guardians 2....my god...I teared up hellllllla times. Quill relationship with pops...gamora and cyborg bae...mantis and drax love story. Blue Man group Meryl with the sacrifice. Rocket one of the goat characters. If we don't get a rocket Groot and Thor...a rocket Groot and blue face whistle game would've been beyond goat.

Fam....movie was so fire. Dope story. Dope action. God mode Quill. Green bae. Cyborg bae. Laser face is a metaphor :rofl:.
It was kinda crazy how real easy Thor fit in with the GotG

Given the source material I have no idea why this is a bad thing.

The source material isn't the issue. It's the way it was adapted for the film medium. If this were a comic book or television show,, I wouldn't bat an eye as cliff-hangers as dour and abrupt as this are commonplace.

But for a standard three-act structure film,, it's hit-or-miss to say the least. Again, the film is enjoyable and I give them credit for going with the "villain wins at the end" conclusion,, it just didn't vibe with me on a movie-level. On a comic book movie-level though, absolutely.

Don't take my word (or Lame's) for it,, the criticism for the ending is out there and there's a lot of interesting write-ups on how Marvel is even capable of pulling it off.

209oqr5.jpg

30ij85h.jpg

2u57rkn.jpg

The source material isn't the issue. It's the way it was adapted for the film medium. If this were a comic book or television show,, I wouldn't bat an eye as cliff-hangers as dour and abrupt as this are commonplace.

But for a standard three-act structure film,, it's hit-or-miss to say the least. Again, the film is enjoyable and I give them credit for going with the "villain wins at the end" conclusion,, it just didn't vibe with me on a movie-level. On a comic book movie-level though, absolutely.

Don't take my word (or Lame's) for it,, the criticism for the ending is out there and there's a lot of interesting write-ups on how Marvel is even capable of pulling it off.

209oqr5.jpg

30ij85h.jpg

2u57rkn.jpg

The underlined. What are you even saying?

Fam...easily one of the best marvel movies I've seen. Enjoyed as much as IW honestly. The feels. Omg. I didn't feel **** really watching errbody get smoked in IW...but Guardians 2....my god...I teared up hellllllla times. Quill relationship with pops...gamora and cyborg bae...mantis and drax love story. Blue Man group Meryl with the sacrifice. Rocket one of the goat characters. If we don't get a rocket Groot and Thor...a rocket Groot and blue face whistle game would've been beyond goat.

Been told y’all what was up with GotG 2. Y’all stay sleep.

Just saw it, loved it great movie it.

The only issue I have is why did they not just kill Thanos when they were trying to remove the gauntlet from his hand. Star Lord literally had a conversation with him. All they had to do was kill him and it’s over.
Don't be fooled, that fake reality of Gamora killing him was just that. Took Stark's whole arsenal to kill Thanos.

So if they aimed to kill him they would've had to go all the way in with a full on attack that probably risks Mantis' life.
Had a bunch of kids in my theater on Friday late morning. Mind you, school was NOT off for the day because 2 school buses picked kids up in my neighborhood that morning as they do every weekday morning. A lot of parents held their kids out on Friday for the movies. Ahhhh....America
I really feel we're going to get to a point where the release of these movies are gonna be designated annual holidays :lol:

Last edited:

209oqr5.jpg

30ij85h.jpg

2u57rkn.jpg

They zombies bro. They wanna think that some of us just “hate” the movie for no reason. Watch how time makes them change their tone to what we saw off the bat.

The underlined. What are you even saying?

Maybe it's just me but I adjust my judgment on a movie based on what the subject matter, content, or genre is. I wouldn't critique "Schindler's List" the same way I would "Ant-Man and the Wasp" is basically what I'm saying.

"The Dark Knight" is an example of an excellent comic book movie but works great even if you didn't know anything about Batman and the Joker going into it.

Maybe it's just me but I adjust my judgment on a movie based on what the subject matter, content, or genre is. I wouldn't critique "Schindler's List" the same way I would "Ant-Man and the Wasp" is basically what I'm saying.

"The Dark Knight" is an example of an excellent comic book movie but works great even if you didn't know anything about Batman and the Joker going into it.
So you're saying by comic book movie standards the ending is acceptable but for overall movie standards it isn't?

They zombies bro. They wanna think that some of us just “hate” the movie for no reason. Watch how time makes them change their tone to what we saw off the bat.

Yeah, I mean they are entitled to their own opinion and I have praised the film for what I thought it did well. But again, it was flawed.

What would be great is if watching both "Infinity War" and "Avengers 4" back-to-back and see how that maybe would change my perception

Yeah, I mean they are entitled to their own opinion and I have praised the film for what I thought it did well. But again, it was far from perfect.

What would be great is if watching both "Infinity War" and "Avengers 4" back-to-back and see how that maybe would change my perception

I’m not putting that faith in A4 when Infinity War was billed as “the cinematic event of a lifetime”. They had full reigns to do whatever they wanted in this film knowing that A4 was the film to rectify everything and play it safe and this is what we got out of it? Nah, give me solo films for a while. The Russo’s couldn’t handle the pressure of a film this big and put a sour taste in my mouth. Let’s focus on singular story arcs for a little while. At best with cameo appearances from other heroes like Homecoming and Ragnarok.

I’m not putting that faith in A4 when Infinity War was billed as “the cinematic event of a lifetime”. They had full reigns to do whatever they wanted in this film knowing that A4 was the film to rectify everything and play it safe and this is what we got out of it? Nah, give me solo films for a while. The Russo’s couldn’t handle the pressure of a film this big and put a sour taste in my mouth. Let’s focus on singular story arcs for a little while. At best with cameo appearances from other heroes like Homecoming and Ragnarok.

:rofl:

Never seen someone spend so much time talking about **** they don't like so redundantly

I think the odd thing is that Thanos would worry about finite resources at all. He’s very advanced. If Tyrion can harness the power of a Star just to forge weapons, how could the universe really lack for resources? I’ll buy it for the movie’s sake and of course Thanos is the villain so he wouldn’t see the benefit of how giving different civilizations knowledge on creating and cultivating energy is a good thing instead of genocide. I guess it makes more sense than having him trying to bang Death like in the comics. Thanos is a cosmic Ozymandias I guess.
Its cuz this version of Thanos is even lying to himself.

We need a villain to step in and be like the true problem is people. People everywhere. Your planet even with it's population halved can still end up a wasteland just due to the destructive nature of mortals

209oqr5.jpg

30ij85h.jpg

2u57rkn.jpg
Them clickbait titles just mad Marvel did something different with a movie.

A movie that has a second part coming.

To me they pulled it off with finesse and grace.

And I say that as a lover of film amd comics.

Just seems a lot wanted something typical either of movies or superhero movies ien particular.

Also I forgot to add in that last reply to you if you also account for the after credit scene I'm not sure what more you wanted.

You bring up Back to the Future endings and the thing is that movie is the antithesis of Infinity War. Did you want some sort of hop going in to A4? Man **** that. There is no hope. Only Thanos.

Last edited:
:rofl:

Never seen someone spend so much time talking about **** they don't like so redundantly

I don't think there's a middle ground with him. If he doesn't like something he has to really, really, really, really, really hate it lol

This is the newest marvel film out and the supposed “cinematic event of a lifetime”. I’m in this thread when there’s nothing to talk about so why would I not be talking about this film now that it’s finally out, good or bad? Just so happens that it’s bad....yeah it hurts, it really does. But I’m a real fan and this is just one of those things that come with it. Dropping the ball on an unexplainable level. Ride or die baby.

INTERESTING THEORY

I came across this theory but I’m not sure how it would work if Strange stole the reality stone.

Dr Strange faded away a different color than everybody else and also why Doctor Strange didn't just use a time stone against Thanos or when he made his cloak cover his hand did he really steal the reality Stone

I think Black Panther, Spiderman, and GotG will be.
BP aint an Avenger yet.

Spidey aint even owned by Marvel.

But I digress, I'm talking about some ppl (not just here) thinking about future plans with Tony, scumbag, Hulk, Thor, etc.

I said it before but that new core is Dr. Strange, Black Panther, and Captain Marvel.

So Infinity War had the 10th best Monday ever (24 million). 4th best non holiday. BP holds the record with 40 million.

I’m mentioning things that have no mystery behind them because IW peeled back predictable outcomes. And if you didn’t care, why did you edit your comment to add that? Lol cornball

Eh just wanted to let you know that what you said had nothing to do with the discussion. It only served to make you feel better about yourself. It doesn't matter if you saw the movie at home or at the theater, before release day or day of, it has nothing to do with the discussion. Yet you feel the need to mention it repeatedly.

I do agree with some of the stuff you bring up about the movie but admittedly, I'm not as emotionally invested as you are. I'm not gonna go out of my way to find things to annoy myself.

Back
Top Bottom