WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - D&W OUT NOW - Doomsday = RDJ back

that is actually not true

this wasn't the dceu days when anything announced is practically on the fence until production starts

that's 2 years after nolans tdk made a billion and they were exploring possibilities before nolan concludes his trilogy and the gl film was being made (before it became a disaster)

the failed WW tv show came soon a year after so they were real serious

it wasn't until the abysmal GL film til they just slowed down but during the filming of that abomination, they were en-route to ww film

no one wants to give dc any credit for anything though

cm got pushed back too iirc and no one thought they'd actually go with a gotg film, back then a ww film being made was more believable
It took DC decades to finally make a WW movie.

You saying they were serious about it just goes to my point. Who really thought the movie was gonna be made? Even before the DCEU or w/e It's called. I heard about the Whedon script and that wasn't even immediately rejected. Sat on that for years.

Dont even think you can call the WW show a failure. They filmed a pilot that they never aired.

So from TDK to GL they were serious but couldn't even get the movie in to preproduction. But they had a JL movie ready to be filmed with casting and set locations done.

They simply didn't think a WW movie would be profitable.

Dont see how what I'm saying is not true :lol: DC/WB been ******* up with a WW movie from the start.

it definitely was a priority for them, just because they couldn't get to pre-production doesn't mean they weren't serious at all

point of the post was people were slaying this is MCUs response to DC and dudes in here are saying "well it was announced in 2013 so it wasn't" and my reply was that WW was announced and got as far as hiring Whdeon to write and direct 8 years earlier and were already revamping a couple of years before CM was even announced to be in the works...

whedon was hired in 2005 but he left in 2007 because he couldn't finish it... who cares if it sat for years? Marvel hired GotG to write the script back in 2009 and then hired Gunn to rewrite it in 2012 and movie came out in 2014... that's just how it goes in the film industry

its not just the writing that takes time, studios has schedules of what upcoming films are already going to be filmed and plenty of other factors such as producers

whedons script sucking has nothing to do with it either, that was leaked much later on and not something "people" would even know about to doubt the movie wasn't going to be made at the time

and you said no one believed a WW was going to be made but that wasn't true, many thought it would and got close to it especially comparing to a CM movie, hell many even thought a Black Widow film would be made before a CM...

back then it wasn't how it is today where DC would announce something and social media explodes with "yeah.. right!" or "here they are again, rushing things..."

hell people would actually love it if DC took their time now instead of churning out films left and right that do not even have to do with each other :lol:

Last edited:
it definitely was a priority for them, just because they couldn't get to pre-production doesn't mean they weren't serious at all
I didn't say they weren't serious or it wasn't priority..

I basically said nobody believed they actually would make at the time anyway so Marvel had no reason to have their own female hero to respond with.

A studio can be serious about making a movie and have it as a priority and it never be made.

Just look at the amount of times DC actually tried to make a WW movie :lol:

whedon was hired in 2005 but he left in 2007 because he couldn't finish it... who cares if it sat for years?
You can't tell me they were serious and it was a priority and then say this :lol:
whedons script sucking has nothing to do with it either, that was leaked much later on and not something "people" would even know about to doubt the movie wasn't going to be made at the time
Not once did I say anything about Whedon's script "sucking". That really does have nothing to do with anything I'm saying.
and you said no one believed a WW was going to be made but that wasn't true
Who?

Not Marvel cuz they sure as he'll wasn't prepping a response for a movie that maybe would've been made in 2010.

But again when a script is sat on for years, there are no new scripts written or anyone brought on to do a rewrite, no directors rumored, the next 5 years there's still no progress AT ALL I find it hard to believe many ppl believed a WW movie was going to be made.

Hell the only reason the WW got made was after numerous failures in short order by DC and Snyder at least recognizing if he's gonna helm a shared universe he should get the trinity established. DC simply were more willing to take risks at that point.

Last edited:
I basically said nobody believed they actually would make at the time anyway so Marvel had no reason to have their own female hero to respond with.

what i am saying many did believe if not most... several failed attempts has little to do with it because any money the studios spends means they are serious and there are always failed attempts and scripts out there that studios assign that never gets made or even reported on... it's very common and it doesn't really get a spotlight unless it involves big names like whedon or aronosfsky for example

plus people back then weren't leaking problems and ish to think otherwise, once in pre-production it is being worked on

i wouldn't be surprised if all these films went through dozens if not a couple of dozens of rewrites or different scripts, WB/DC just happens to be making films longer than MCU and also keep in mind, back then CBMs weren't being churned out like they are today, more than half a dozen CBMs comes out from the bigger studios a year and then you look at the smaller budget/smaller studios and there might be 15-20 films based on comic books that comes out every year

back then a film being in development for 5-10 years isn't a stretch

i don't necessarily believe CM was really a response to WW but there was definitely a race or demand for a first woman or minority CBM and I am just saying do not discredit WB for WW just because dumb social media people say it is

I do believe WWs production and success definitely helped push CM to be made, maybe the script was rushed a bit or they looked for a director sooner than they had hoped, maybe CM film won over an Inhumans film but you can't deny the WW films success and the current metoo movement helped CM even in the slightest

That's the thing though, DC does not have several failed attempts at making a WW movie.

Not recently. So I don't see why anyone would believe a solo movie was actually coming.

DC has more failed Batman movie attempts than they do Wonder Woman movie attempts.

You keep talking about back then but not much has changed.

A WW movie being made then was the equivalent of a Cyborg movie being made now.

Last edited:
That's the thing though, DC does not have several failed attempts at making a WW movie.

Not recently. So I don't see why anyone would believe a solo movie was actually coming.

DC has more failed Batman movie attempts than they do Wonder Woman movie attempts.

You keep talking about back then but not much has changed.

A WW movie being made then was the equivalent of a Cyborg movie being made now.

your memory is pretty short, do not let NTs hate for cyborg cloud the actual presentation of things

cyborg, once they hired an actor, was going to get a movie... that is serious despite most here not wanting it... if BvS and JL didn't underperform, that movie might be in production now

when Gadot was announced for WW in 2013 for BvS, it was as good as a WW movie was coming

plenty has changed since then, DC/WB is rushing things ever since MCUs success and why we got BvS instead of an MoS sequel and then JL soon after and they have 2-3 DC films planned a year

that is a gigantic change from back then when a DC film would come out once every few years and there wasn't even a DC Universe then

once MCU became successful and studios started creating their own universe, everything changed and not just with CBMs but with almost franchises they can make a buck off... films were announced ahead with full pledge to being made until the initial movies flop then they had to rethink it but hell even Universals Monster Universe is still happening from the latest reports...

hell SS was reported to be written and filmed within 6 months iirc :lol: if that isnt a big change from films from a decade ago then i don't know what is

Last edited:
your memory is pretty short, do not let NTs hate for cyborg cloud the actual presentation of things
No it's not and this isn't a NT hate thing :lol:

You just seem way more gullible. Calling things serious and saying Cyborg was going to get a movie.

Its like you don't understand how Hollywood works.

Also pretending like a movie hasn't ever been made in short order back in the day is either naive about how things work today or ignorance about how they worked back then.

Last edited:
Curious how Marvel will promote A4 during the same time as Captain Marvel.
Probably won't need to promote A4 much. Drop teaser and trailer and that'll do all the work.

Promotional stuff probably comes out after Cap Marvel comes out.

Lol I'm sure they could start promotion after captain marvel comes out and that'd be enough

Rule of thumb for length of promotion seems to be 6 months, but A4 doesn't need it.

There are people who don't give a **** about the mcu that want to see A4

I've seen quite a few of these kind of comments:

'I think I'm done with Superhero movies..I'm tired of them...But I need to know how A4 ends'

These same ppl probably skipped Ant Man and will skip Cap Marvel but will fall in line for A4. These are the same people who don't even like the mcu. And then there are the actual fans..

I think the tough part is not selling A4.. But selling mcu movies after A4

Last edited:
No it's not and this isn't a NT hate thing :lol:

You just seem way more gullible. Calling things serious and saying Cyborg was going to get a movie.

Its like you don't understand how Hollywood works.

Also pretending like a movie hasn't ever been made in short order back in the day is either naive about how things work today or ignorance about how they worked back then.

it's not being gullible :lol: you're just a pessimist and you can say I am over optimistic :rofl:

cyborg was going to get a movie, the actor was promised and best believe he would be making that now if the others didn't under perform and snyder is still in the helm

so yes, at that time that movie was legit getting made

you are looking at it in hindsight after most has fallen apart in the dceu and things changed, again if BvS and JL made a billion each, that Cyborg film is coming and why wouldn't it? so it's just gullible to believe it was going to happen when they announced it before any of those films ever under performed? :lol:

and yes movies get fast tracked all the time but not big budget films and not to the extent it is today, that is the big change especially in the genre and there is no denying this, it's not ignorance but i have specifically spoken about DC films and how their CBMs are years apart and with really only Batman releasing and believe it, others are always cooking up in the studio

believe it or not, i understand how hollywood works better than most just being here in LA practically my whole life, i have more than a dozen professors submitting scripts for films and at least two of them were made iirc, i had classmates and friend and even some professors going on auditions and telling their rejections in class :lol:

Why waste money promoting Avengers 4? Pretty sure the movie will sell itself.

there are a lot of people who aren't online looking up trailers or keeping up with news like us in here

we have to remind ourselves that NT is still a small minority in the grander scheme of things

there are still people out there that doesn't have twitter or social media, you got to bombard those people with giant billboards and commercial to make sure they know the movie is releasing

they have to get people hyped and remind them the movie is coming, they got to remind them what happened to make sure they want to see the conclusion

Back
Top Bottom