WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - D&W OUT NOW - Doomsday = RDJ back

Low key sensing the sexism in this thread that will overshadow any potential valid criticisms of the movie lol

I just feel like they are doing a bit toooo much to shoehorn the fact that it’s a HEROINE...They don’t need to do that, we all she’s a woman and they plan on having her lead the new group...Theo whole “girl power” angle seems gimmicky.

Low key sensing the sexism in this thread that will overshadow any potential valid criticisms of the movie lol

You can already tell this is the case. They already made their minds up about her. Similar to Gal's situation before WW came out

I just feel like they are doing a bit toooo much to shoehorn the fact that it’s a HEROINE...They don’t need to do that, we all she’s a woman and they plan on having her lead the discussion new group...Theo whole “girl power” angle seems gimmicky.

The "girl power" angle is probably pure marketing and limited to the trailer. Marvel isn't dumb enough to shove that angle down our throats with the actual film.

Just like how the WW trailers were in your face with it but the movie itself was believable.

If you want unwarranted "girl power", go look at TLJ (admiral Holdat :rolleyes) or Ghostbusters.

I'm just saying I want to throw shade on this movie if it's bad and not be lumped in with actual sexists lol

I think this movie is going to hit a billion dollars. Same audience that carried frozen to a billion is coming out for this one.

Marvel isn’t cutting the check though, it’s Disney. And if this new Star Wars trilogy has taught me anything, its that overt feminism can and will ruin a franchise. Luckily, Captain Marvel won’t be handed the reigns to the franchise in the same vain as Rey was. Plus Marvel has many other female characters who are more structured. I for one can not wait for the Black Widow film. Scarlett should’ve had the first female led superhero film in the MCU.

I think this movie is going to hit a billion dollars. Same audience that carried frozen to a billion is coming out for this one.

I think anywhere from 760-850 mil. As bad as the movie looks, it’s gonna have the feminism machine rolling behind it and I think Captain Marvel will be prominent in the A4 trailer as well so the marketing for the film is literally gonna sell it as the appetizer for A4

Far From Home is best part of any meal....dessert :blush:

Overt feminism is ruining nothing, let alone star wars. The worst performing star wars movie in recent years had a man as the lead (Solo) The best performing movies had a woman (Rogue 1, TFA)

Last edited:
Gal Gadot is more the type of woman a man would like.

Brie Larson is the type of woman most regular women would relate to.

Marvel isn’t cutting the check though, it’s Disney. And if this new Star Wars trilogy has taught me anything, its that overt feminism can and will ruin a franchise. Luckily, Captain Marvel won’t be handed the reigns to the franchise in the same vain as Rey was. Plus Marvel has many other female characters who are more structured. I for one can not wait for the Black Widow film. Scarlett should’ve had the first female led superhero film in the MCU.

I think that’s the other issue with Capt Marvel, MCU is known for fleshing out its characters, we have yet to see Capt Marvel in even a cameo, but now she is more OP than even Thor....like shorty you have to earn your stripes, is like Dr Strange, he had his solo movie but I wasn’t really sold on him till he SONNED Loki in Ragnarok and then held his own soooo well in IW.

Scarlett has been in the McU from almost the beginning, she def should have had her shot first....Brie is a rookie being treated like an OG...

Oh and no feminism isn’t going to hurt the movie. BLACK Panther killed in the box office. BLACK..... if anything was going to hurt a movie.....

Just googled Katheryn Winnick...

Damn. She looks the part, too :ohwell:

The fact that the movie takes place in the 90s will signal a lot of nostalgia for the most of us, and hopefully it won’t mask whatever “flaw” Brie has in the movie.

Still looking forward to it, though :pimp:

The "girl power" angle is probably pure marketing and limited to the trailer. Marvel isn't dumb enough to shove that angle down our throats with the actual film.

Just like how the WW trailers were in your face with it but the movie itself was believable.

If you want unwarranted "girl power", go look at TLJ (admiral Holdat :rolleyes) or Ghostbusters.

I'm just saying I want to throw shade on this movie if it's bad and not be lumped in with actual sexists lol

Did you see TLJ?

Rey being as strong as Kylo after 2 days watching Uncle Luke milk some aliens tiddies and go fishing...that wasn't forced?

Are you out of your rabid *** mind? Don’t you ever compare a movie featuring a wannabe super saiyan to the greatness that is Frozen. And your crazy to think this movie would Frozen numbers.

Talking a bunch of nonsense.

This about to do numbers. Da wimenz about to make this movie do 700m.
Quote me.

CM about to go ham.

Did you see TLJ?

Rey being as strong as Kylo after 2 days watching Uncle Luke milk some aliens tiddies and go fishing...that wasn't forced?

Bro, don't forget she waxed him 24 hours before just by force downloading his skills. Vader's grandson, trained by Luke his entire life, and would've got killed if the base didn't separate them two. I don't even wanna get started:smh:

Bro, don't forget she waxed him 24 hours before just by force downloading his skills. Vader's grandson, trained by Luke his entire life, and would've got killed if the base didn't separate them two. I don't even wanna get started:smh:
You guys watching that garbage? Star Wars ended in the 70’s where it belonged

Movie looks okay based on the trailer. Didn’t excite me much, but I was never a huge fan of Captain Marvel to begin with...

Nonetheless, i’ll be there opening weekend to see wassup mostly due to needing my fix for Marvel and how this will tie into Infinity War.

I think that’s the other issue with Capt Marvel, MCU is known for fleshing out its characters, we have yet to see Capt Marvel in even a cameo, but now she is more OP than even Thor....like shorty you have to earn your stripes, is like Dr Strange, he had his solo movie but I wasn’t really sold on him till he SONNED Loki in Ragnarok and then held his own soooo well in IW.

Scarlett has been in the McU from almost the beginning, she def should have had her shot first....Brie is a rookie being treated like an OG...
Idk

They inserted both Spidey and Black Panther into CW without introducing them into movies first

There was no problem with that.

Captain Marvel is going to have a whole movie of her own to 'earn her stripes' before her showing up in Avengers 4

You guys watching that garbage? Star Wars ended in the 70’s where it belonged

The prequels are just now getting the respect they deserved but ‘83 if you’re solely acknowledging the OT. The Disney trilogy does not exist to me anymore.

Movie looks okay based on the trailer. Didn’t excite me much, but I was never a huge fan of Captain Marvel to begin with...

Nonetheless, i’ll be there opening weekend to see wassup mostly due to needing my fix for Marvel and how this will tie into Infinity War.

And this is how the film will make its money. Regardless of what we all think, we’re all gonna watch it. Marvel has built that much good will.

Back
Top Bottom