WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - D&W OUT NOW - Doomsday = RDJ back

As weird as it sounds, at this point in time I'm a little more excited to see where they take this beast of a series in the future rather than the actual conclusion of this first saga. *shrug*
secret invasion
kang the conqueror
secret wars
galactus/silver surfer done right?

When you make a silly list like that you sort of set back the last 2 days of bickering youve been doing.
Whether your list is a joke or not.

how is my list a joke. I gave good reasons why the 5 top should be there. I dont follow where you are going

Sacrifice himself for 1...
Steve jumped on a gernade for his whole platoon...
Sacrifice for those he didnt know... Didnt love.
What are you talking about? What 1?

Talk about pushing the goalposts back.

Tony was ready to sacrifice himself to stop Stane. A threat to the entire world wit Tony's tech.

The scrawny scumbag jumped on a dead grenade that if live would've killed him and him alone.

Like damn, jumping on the grenade is your example of sacrifice? :lol: At least bring up the end where he couldn't fly a plane so just crashed in to ice.

tony taking a missile through a worm hole to explode the mother ship and platoon of alien invaders from taking over the earth is a good example of sacrifice... right?

As weird as it sounds, at this point in time I'm a little more excited to see where they take this beast of a series in the future rather than the actual conclusion of this first saga. *shrug*
because of the possibility of having an open story again. with all new (or mostly new) characters to the cinematic universe. word is xmen are back on the table. which means AUTOMATICALLY the villains gotta be OP/ on a different level than anything we've seen really

tdogg2k tdogg2k im not expecting people to say its the best MCU movie, I dont even think its the best MCU movie (that's Infinity War), what I do have a problem with is that there are people denying its greatness. Is it a movie without faults? Of course not, the CGI isnt top notch for example but what pisses me off is SO many people in here NOT celebrating the achievements of this movie.

Lets remind everyone, this thread is for people who LOVE the MCU. There are a lot of movies in here that to me are good movies but I don't come in here and try to diminish its success such as Iron Man 1, Guardians 1, Civil War etc. As a black person who supports the MCU and all its movie and mark out for all MCU movies its disheartening to see others not celebrate an MCU movie that has achieved so much in the mainstream and far exceeded peoples expectations.

I give props and support even the mediocre movies (Ant-man, the ones I previously mentioned etc) but Black Panther which is not only universally acclaimed as a comic book movie, but also a benchmark for black movies youre really gonna come in here and nit pick every little silly think you can find to minimalize its success?

This is wild annoying

So it seems you are attributing it’s greatness to the cultural impact it had and what it meant to the black community, you want people to celebrate its greatness based off what it represented...correct? If so, we are not saying anything different because I don’t think anyone can argue what this movie meant for the black community and how in THAT context it was in fact great...as a stand alone film, judging it by how it was written, acted, etc, you know things that would make a movie great aside from whatever cultural impact it had and doing so, this movie can’t hold a candle to a handful of MCU films, movie had poor CGI, bad choreography, for the most part dialogue was hella cheesy, performances were meh...from a film perspective, the one thing I’d give it was the set designs and costume designs, they NAILED IT...aside from that movie was decent at best.

d06ouP.gif

I need to be @ immediately anytime Layzie gets destroyed

Btw TChalla in CW >>>>>>>> TChalla in his own movie...this is partly why aside from the cultural impact this movie had, I can’t credit it for much else, this was BP’s movie and they manage to make him legit unlikeable and had me rooting for the bad guy.

because of the possibility of having an open story again. with all new (or mostly new) characters to the cinematic universe. word is xmen are back on the table. which means AUTOMATICALLY the villains gotta be OP/ on a different level than anything we've seen really

At this point, they should go for the gusto and set up for a Marvel vs. Street Fighter.

tony taking a missile through a worm hole to explode the mother ship and platoon of alien invaders from taking over the earth is a good example of sacrifice... right?

Of course it is...he was the person best for to make THAT sacrifice, aside from Thor...kudos to Tony for doing so, it was part of the underlying written story of Tony ditching his selfish ways and making the ultimate sacrifice....lol

They never had to write that story for Cap, simply because he’s never had to prove his heroism, his selflessness is what makes him a hero, before he was ever given the serum, he sacrificed his life for his platoon...wanted to fight a fight in which he simply couldn’t compete physically...Tony can’t hold a candle to Cap when it comes to being a hero....well maybe now he can, he had to learn to become a hero.

Btw TChalla in CW >>>>>>>> TChalla in his own movie...this is partly why aside from the cultural impact this movie had, I can’t credit it for much else, this was BP’s movie and they manage to make him legit unlikeable and had me rooting for the bad guy.
Goes from "I'll kill him myself" to "No one has to die"

So it seems you are attributing it’s greatness to the cultural impact it had and what it meant to the black community, you want people to celebrate its greatness based off what it represented...correct? If so, we are not saying anything different because I don’t think anyone can argue what this movie meant for the black community and how in THAT context it was in fact great...as a stand alone film, judging it by how it was written, acted, etc, you know things that would make a movie great aside from whatever cultural impact it had and doing so, this movie can’t hold a candle to a handful of MCU films, movie had poor CGI, bad choreography, for the most part dialogue was hella cheesy, performances were meh...from a film perspective, the one thing I’d give it was the set designs and costume designs, they NAILED IT...aside from that movie was decent at best.

Ok, lets forget about the fact that this is legitimately the most important (from a cultural standpoint) black film of this generation (or even I may dare in HISTORY) because you all claiming thats all the movie had.

The plot was great, we were all legit shocked that Killmonger killed Klaw so early and established that he was the main villain throughout. The action was terrific, the fight scene in Korea was well executed, especially Okoye and that spear. You all complaining about how weak the movie portrayed T'challa but wont highlight the strengths of Mbaku, Okoye, and especially Killmonger. The cinematography was excellent throughout, especially the exposition when they are introducing Wakanda, when they were entering Wakanda for the first time, and we all know the symbolism of the scene where they flipped the camera upside down to show the transition from T'Challa to Killmonger. The humor was on point, and every single one liner resonated with the audience I watched it with. Not to mention the movie was more politically driven than most MCU flims but the overall tone fit right in.

Listen, I'm no great movie critic and the standard structure of movie telling isnt my forte, but in conclusion if you are saying Black Panther doesnt belong in the top 5 MCU films you are bugging. End of story

edit. I will also like to remind you people of this. SAUDI ARABIA (not a black country by any standards) thought this movie was so great that they decided to show this movie in theaters. The first time in 36 years that they showed a public movie from Western culture. I want you petty people to remember that before you want to downplay the importance and greatness of this film.

Anyway, I'm done. I have won the argument again. Have a great rest of your evening Niketalk. Take care

Last edited:
Of course it is...he was the person best for to make THAT sacrifice, aside from Thor...kudos to Tony for doing so, it was part of the underlying written story of Tony ditching his selfish ways and making the ultimate sacrifice....lol

They never had to write that story for Cap, simply because he’s never had to prove his heroism, his selflessness is what makes him a hero, before he was ever given the serum, he sacrificed his life for his platoon...wanted to fight a fight in which he simply couldn’t compete physically...Tony can’t hold a candle to Cap when it comes to being a hero....well maybe now he can, he had to learn to become a hero.
i think thats what i like about tony

dude started off as a dude that was up his own *** living above reality.. then he got clapped and betrayed obadiah.. then avengers happens and he makes that sacrifice only to survive and have PTSD that leads him down a obsessive tinkering route to protect the world that leads him down the rabit hole to creat ultron lol

someone was saying that cap was the most relatable person but i always connected more with Tony cuz he been thru some ish lol

but him LEARNING how to become a hero is well said.
Cap always started off with that sort of "do the greater deed" mindset

Ok, lets forget about the fact that this is legitimately the most important (from a cultural standpoint) black film of this generation (or even I may dare in HISTORY) because you all claiming thats all the movie had.

The plot was great, we were all legit shocked that Killmonger killed Klaw so early and established that he was the main villain throughout. The action was terrific, the fight scene in Korea was well executed, especially Okoye and that spear. You all complaining about how weak the movie portrayed T'challa but wont highlight the strengths of Mbaku, Okoye, and especially Killmonger. The cinematography was excellent throughout, especially the exposition when they are introducing Wakanda, when they were entering Wakanda for the first time, and we all know the symbolism of the scene where they flipped the camera upside down to show the transition from T'Challa to Killmonger. The humor was on point, and every single one liner resonated with the audience I watched it with. Not to mention the movie was more politically driven than most MCU flims but the overall tone fit right in.

Listen, I'm no great movie critic and the standard structure of movie telling isnt my forte, but in conclusion if you are saying Black Panther doesnt belong in the top 5 MCU films you are bugging. End of story

edit. I will also like to remind you people of this. SAUDI ARABIA (not a black country by any standards) thought this movie was so great that they decided to show this movie in theaters. The first time in 36 years that they showed a public movie from Western culture. I want you petty people to remember that before you want to downplay the importance and greatness of this film.

Anyway, I'm done. I have won the argument again. Have a great rest of your evening Niketalk. Take care

Mans declared himself a winner....lmao

Your argument sucks, far as I can see you see 0 faults with the movie, glad you feel that way and there is no reason to change your mind about it, plenty people easily pleased/impressed with slightly above average films like this one...hell im sure I have a couple of movies I like that most would consider trash...lol I do feel the reason you feel so strongly about it is solely based off what it meant to you as a black kid...because everything else you mentioned that you thought was great about the movie, legit wasn’t all that great....fight choreography was kind of meh, specially....TChalla was far superior in CW.

Mans declared himself a winner....lmao

Your argument sucks, far as I can see you see 0 faults with the movie, glad you feel that way and there is no reason to change your mind about it, plenty people easily pleased/impressed with slightly above average films like this one...hell im sure I have a couple of movies I like that most would consider trash...lol I do feel the reason you feel so strongly about it is solely based off what it meant to you as a black kid...because everything else you mentioned that you thought was great about the movie, legit wasn’t all that great....fight choreography was kind of meh, specially....TChalla was far superior in CW.

never said, there wasnt any faults. The CGI in the last fight was bad.
There is no perfect movie, even the best movie in your mind isnt perfect.

Something with so much fiction can't be the most important movie for us culturally.

a movie about richly melenated black folks that tackle real psychological issues that black people have outside of Africa (Killmonger) vs those on the mother continent (T'Challa) that is stylistically black as hell, while inspiring kids that they have superheroes both male and female that look like them and reached so much people all over the world.

If this isnt the most culturally important black film ever (even though its fiction) Then what is?

Hey. I'm just happy we are still getting more top notch Marvel movies after this many years. Figured they would lose some steam or cut a few corners from being overconfident. But I'm all for them trying to oneup themselves. Looking forward to the next 10 years.

Back
Top Bottom