WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - D&W OUT NOW - Doomsday = RDJ back

Funny seeing all this Black Panther hate all of a sudden. I been seeing mad ppl call it overrated for like the past month lol. I guess ppl finally came down from the high and realized that it's not on the level of other MCU flicks like CW, WS or Avengers. Still a top 3 solo flick to me tho.

Hidden Figures was more culturally important than BP :lol: Wakanda forever tho
I saw Hidden Figures. The story is important since most don't know. The message was good but the movie itself?

It's very hard to make a story about scientists and mathematicians figuring out how to get astronauts to the moon. Even with the fact is surprise black women were largely responsible.

So I'm not sure how large the impact was culturally.

BP had the entertainment and the box office to make black ppl happy and proud since nothing like that has happened before.

Funny seeing all this Black Panther hate all of a sudden. I been seeing mad ppl call it overrated for like the past month lol. I guess ppl finally came down from the high and realized that it's not on the level of other MCU flicks like CW, WS or Avengers. Still a top 3 solo flick to me tho.
Again, why does criticism = hate? Y’all really live in this black and white, all or nothing world man :lol:

Reactions: OTG
I saw Hidden Figures. The story is important since most don't know. The message was good but the movie itself?

It's very hard to make a story about scientists and mathematicians figuring out how to get astronauts to the moon. Even with the fact is surprise black women were largely responsible.

BP had the entertainment and the box office to make black ppl happy and proud since nothing like that has happened before.

Culturally, in the modern sense, the movie had little to no impact. You had people actually dressing up all over for the premiere. People need to stop playing contrarian :lol:

Aint seen no one wear that dashiki.play African music or being all like wakanda forever since.

They sell Dashikis at swapmeets and have BEEN doing so. It's been a small staple for black fashion for a while. More so for women.

And of course nobody gonna do that corny salute forever.

I'd compare BP to Coming to America when discussing cultural significance before the accomplishments of the hidden figures women. Actual Shuri better than movie Shuri :lol:

Back
Top Bottom