WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - D&W OUT NOW - Doomsday = RDJ back

someone mentioned Boyz in the Hood and Hidden Figures?

Both great important film, but they didnt push the culture forward nowhere near the magnitude of BP, plus they weren't even big in other black overseas market.

You all do know the black world is bigger than America right? lol

CAPTAIN MARVEL Star Brie Larson Says Carol Danvers Can "Definitely" Lift Thor's Hammer Mjolnir

During a recent interview, Larson was asked if she thinks Captain Marvel is "worthy" to wield Mjolnir and replied with a rather confident, "Definitely."

DuLRPqpW4AAPcsr.jpg:orig

someone mentioned Boyz in the Hood and Hidden Figures?

Both great important film, but they didnt push the culture forward nowhere near the magnitude of BP, plus they weren't even big in other black overseas market.

You all do know the black world is bigger than America right? lol
Space race was global, but there were no trailers so I see how it could be viewed as unimpactful .

It's very hard to make a story about scientists and mathematicians figuring out how to get astronauts to the moon. Even with the fact is surprise black women were largely responsible.

So I'm not sure how large the impact was culturally.

Yup, look at a very good and significant movie 'the imitation game'.. you got war, espionage and an horrific government policy to throw in with the story of the man

Social network is probably the best of a boring subject matter movie we'll ever get.. but fincher is the gawd.. side note, I'll never forgive fox for screwing him on alien 3.. dude is the PERFECT director to be in control of an alien film

I look at the situation like this, 10 years from now which movie is still going to be talked about? While hidden figures was a GREAT movie, it won't have the same lasting effect like BP did. How soon people forgot how BIG of a cultural phenomenon BP was when it came out earlier this year ( if you disagree just wait until the best of 2018 lists start to come out I guarantee BP will be all over those lists). BP is still gonna be talked about even when the MCU ends. I can't think of any other black central movie that has ever come out that can match BP's significance. Overrate the movie all you want, but these factors cannot be denied.

You got little white kids wanting to be black panther for Halloween.. no clue how y'all can put boyz in the hood or hidden figures on THAT level

Hell, AI had more cultural impact as far as pushing black culture onto the mainstream.. same with rap back in the 90s, think NWA, dre and snoop

since I won my debate that Black Panther is a GREAT film (not the best in the MCU, but should be in top 5 on everyone list) and its the most important black film of our lifetime.

Lets change the topic, this is my favorite MCU trailer. The chords and riffs were creepy as hell and I still love it.

since I won my debate that Black Panther is a GREAT film (not the best in the MCU, but should be in top 5 on everyone list) and its the most important black film of our lifetime.

Lets change the topic, this is my favorite MCU trailer. The chords and riffs were creepy as hell and I still love it.

No you did not. The film is good and not great for obvious reasons. Not in my top 5 lol

Calling it the most important black film of our lifetime is subjective tbh. As someone who has a degree and works in the STEM field, Hidden Figures is more important to me but it is what it is

No you did not. The film is good and not great for obvious reasons. Not in my top 5 lol

Calling it the most important black film of our lifetime is subjective tbh. As someone who has a degree and works in the STEM field, Hidden Figures is more important to me but it is what it is

dude, we already established the fact that Hidden Figures was a great movie, but its impact wasnt as strong on black culture worldwide as Black Panther. Nowhere close. Try again buddy

I’m really annoyed by the level of OP they writing Captain Marvel....

isnt she supposed to be OP tho? shes the trump card. my only question is where do they go from here moving forward? u introduce a superman-esque character, u pretty much kill off all non-superman tier heroes moving forward. cant have some hawkeye tier character trying to fight next to superman tier heroes.

Man what? lol

While movies like boyz n the hood and menance to society were big to us.. they weren't THAT big outside of the black community and America generally

Lean on me and color purple were bigger

Spike lee also had early films I wish were bigger than they were, Malcolm x and do the right thing

I also wish higher learning was bigger

I'm saying this as a non American (although we watch predominantly America tv), overwhelmingly Black Country and when I went to high school in the states, it was overwhelmingly white

At my very white high school only black movie most of them really knew about was friday

dude, we already established the fact that Hidden Figures was a great movie, but its impact wasnt as strong on black culture worldwide as Black Panther. Nowhere close. Try again buddy
The impact seems strong as EVERYONE was riding that wave at the time.

While movies like boyz n the hood and menance to society were big to us.. they weren't THAT big outside of the black community and America generally

Lean on me and color purple were bigger

Spike lee also had early films I wish were bigger than they were, Malcolm x and do the right thing

I also wish higher learning was bigger

I'm saying this as a non American (although we watch predominantly America tv), overwhelmingly Black Country and when I went to high school in the states, it was overwhelmingly white

At my very white high school only black movie most of them really knew about was friday
Gotta pay attention to the times then compared to how it is now.

DTRT, Malcolm X released nowadays would be received a lot more now compared to then. Had Wesley Snipes got the BP movie back then, does it have the same impact? nope

I'm not saying it isnt impactful but I dont put it that high on the pedestal

You say push the culture forward as if we out there reconnecting doing 23 and me...
BP isnt doing what HF did as far making it realistic that look we can do this to if we keep pushing.
Thats why i cant give you that line about most important historically.
No one is going out to be a trillionaire king of an african country. People barely connecting with their ancestors if they even took the time to learn who they are.
hF has pushed forward outreach programs. Science programs for the youth. More female programs.

Bp not pushing that the same way. Hell no one even going to the gym to get ripped like a warrior

Back
Top Bottom