WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - D&W OUT NOW - Doomsday = RDJ back

You say push the culture forward as if we out there reconnecting doing 23 and me...
BP isnt doing what HF did as far making it realistic that look we can do this to if we keep pushing.
Thats why i cant give you that line about most important historically.
No one is going out to be a trillionaire king of an african country. People barely connecting with their ancestors if they even took the time to learn who they are.
hF has pushed forward outreach programs. Science programs for the youth. More female programs.

Bp not pushing that the same way. Hell no one even going to the gym to get ripped like a warrior
EXACTLY

We had 6 months of dudes going Wakanda Forever but having plenty of black youth going into STEM every year consistently happens.

yall arguging 2 different things. both sides are using the word culture. but one is using it from a viewpoint of pop-culture and the other side is looking at it from a stance of society/cultural significance. from a pop culture standpoint has anything purely black been THIS widely accepted, celebrated, and promoted in other cultures besides black? no.

does this move black culture and society forward in a way where lil kids are inspired to be better or know that they CAN be anything they want to be etc etc? no.

its oranges to apples. one is using entertainment to push acceptance and culture to the world. the other is pushing pride and hope to OUR own culture. they both are necessary.

@tdogg2k so a couple hundred more black girls are enrolling in science programs in America vs a phenomenon that was basically a love letter to black culture worldwide? Also one made over $1 BILLION MORE (thats a B) than the other.

Yall really reaching with this HF thing

Ok my friend, if thats your argument I dont know what else to say.

be serious for 2 seconds.

Which movie had a bigger impact on BLACK CULTURE WORLDWIDE than Black Panther. If you cant give a thorough response dont even bother bro.
I've already answered that with HF.. I'm trying to figure out if cultural impact means higher ticket sales.

yall arguging 2 different things. both sides are using the word culture. but one is using it from a viewpoint of pop-culture and the other side is looking at it from a stance of society/cultural significance. from a pop culture standpoint has anything purely black been THIS widely accepted, celebrated, and promoted in other cultures besides black? no.

does this move black culture and society forward in a way where lil kids are inspired to be better or know that they CAN be anything they want to be etc etc? no.

its oranges to apples. one is using entertainment to push acceptance and culture to the world. the other is pushing pride and hope to OUR own culture. they both are necessary.

I think it's huge that black kids have a major super hero that they can actually see themselves in be THAT big

Some day in there lives you hope those black kids will see and appreciate a film like HF and countless others

But right now, they need to see someone they could legit point at and see themselves and aspire to better

That was a huge aspect about coming to America

Definitely not always. A lot of kids dont even know what it is half the time and I know this because I've worked directly with it

thats because you work in STEM directly, so its more important to you. A particular field of study does not trump the bigger black world. Yall need to be aware of that.

Go to Nigeria, Jamaica, Brazil, or South Africa and ask 10 black kids which movie was more important to them Hidden Figures or Black Panther.

Im done with this silly argument.

I give the nod to BP because of star power. More careers were launched and rekindled. And I might hate the term STEM. Damn near a political party at this point

th

The only color that matters is green. And the most successful film franchise that puts Spider-Man and Iron Man on film created its most successful solo franchise called BLACK PANTHER that had an ALL BLACK CAST and dealt with the plight of the BLACK COMMUNITY and it was CELEBRATED by EVERY RACE IN THE WORLD. Let it marinate. A lot of y’all are on y’all Harriet Beecher Stowe soapbox trying to downplay how important this film was.

This is prolly the correct answer. Pop culturally BP is huge and understandably so, in reality HF success and achievements actually benefited all of mankind on a larger level.

He doesn't have to give Thanos that work because I know he wont but at least let him go on an A1 level rampage and catch some bodies.

This is prolly the correct answer. Pop culturally BP is huge and understandably so, in reality HF success and achievements actually benefited all of mankind on a larger level.

we are talking about the movie, not what they did in real life. Yes, going to the moon was important, but we arent talking about the non fiction vs fiction.

We are talking about how important the film was the culture....let me try to get some work done ive been arguing for like 2 straight days smh

BP was a revolutionary film.

Showed blacks in a storyline thats not familiar.

To show black love, Black leadership and struggles post slavery outside the scope of survival was new.

It's black futurism.

Not blacks having to prove they are great in a world that won't listen.
It's a known uncontested fact that black ppl are great in BP.

In Hidden Figures it follows that typical storytelling mode of introducing whites to blacks that "aren't so bad"

BP was a larger movie globally.

Even after Hidden Figures, I can't name one of those ladies.

Back
Top Bottom