WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - D&W OUT NOW - Doomsday = RDJ back

The whole point of the movie is that Carol became the weapon they were after and they suppressed her powers so they can better control her. Once she realized they all lied to her, she went off. Without that suppressor on her neck, Starforce couldn’t handle her. That beat down she gave them was suppose to happen. She is not OD as people think. I believe Thor was stormbreaker is the most powerful as he took on the full Infinity Gauntlet and hit Thanos in the chest no sweat. I enjoyed captain marvel a lot. Brie did a great job. Sam was great. So was the guy who played Talos. Can’t wait to see how she interjects and interacts with the other Avengers.

Also: I will be referred to as the Negro-preme intelligence

Maybe I can see it a little

But captain marvel doesn't have to be tied to anyone. She can just be a strong independent woman :smile:

Explain the joke to me. 2nd time someone mentioned rogue in as many pages . I'm missing the reference.

6E1B239F-7278-4E31-95B7-2ECF9EAA7291.gif

0BEB5CB2-C2F6-452D-93E8-F7EEACC9B163.jpeg

I hope you rogue fans know that's not happening for at least 10 years.

They're not letting it happen until captain marvel is ready to retire lol

Overall, I thought this movie was pretty good. There was a lot of jokey situations that could have been left out.
Hate that I went to the 10am showing because there was only 13-15 people in attendance so I didn't get the audience participation that I wanted. Matter of fact the only time the audience reacted to the movie was that funny moment towards the end involving Nick Fury & the Kree soldier (those that watched the movie know what I'm talking about).

On another note, the trailer they showed for X Men The Dark Phoenix was dope. Can't wait for that to come out.

Saw it at 9:30am in a packed Dolby theater. I enjoyed it and I think it picked up a lot the further along it went. The first act dragged a bit and while I liked the Star Trek/GOTG/different planet vibes, it picked up once we start to learn more about her and her past. I really liked Fury in this movie and getting to see him have a bigger role in a movie rather than a cameo or being the authority figure we've seen was a nice change of pace. Jude Law seemed out of place and he was probably my least favorite part of it as the villain. Ben Mendelsohn was excellent. Brie was solid and she had her moments where she really shined.

I'm excited to see her in a non-origin story. I know we still have to do origin stories to introduce these new characters, but maybe it's because we're so close to Endgame or maybe because I just wasn't in the mood. I'm looking forward to seeing her in a sequel to really shine and I will trust that her role in Endgame won't overshadow the existing characters in the way some fear. I liked the 90s vibe, action was alright, I liked the dynamics between Carol and Fury, had good humor, and it was overall an enjoyable watch. I don't know how often I will reach to watch it, but I liked it comparably to Doctor Strange.

if we're keeping it a buck, they made Fury into a joke. And watered down Sam Jackson light in this one. Emasculated. Made him feel hella domesticated and safe. Those scenes with the cat were cringe af. Not my dude Sam. Not Snakes on a **********in plane Sam. Not Hold on to ya **********in butts Sam. Not crazy Sam from that one movie where he lived in a cul-de-sac and hated the new white neighbors :lol: **********in.
I think you just named a bunch of rated R Sam movies :lol:
Seriously?? They lesbehonest?
No :lol: Rogue literally stole her powers, memories, and personality (kinda mixing it with hers) which led to Carol being in a coma.

As much as these guys like to joke about it, given the length of Brie's multi movie deal there's no way Feige let's that happen in the same way if at all.

I’ll go a little more in-depth later, but movie was coo. Not the good time that either Guardians film was. Still good tho. However, it’s definitely mid tier. I felt Fury kept this movie afloat. It was great seeing him being not so serious in the MCU.

Back
Top Bottom